Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#47156 - 07/10/03 01:31 AM 950 analog xover, ICBM-mg
blaineh Offline
Gunslinger

I recently bought the ICBM-magnapan ed. and received no special instructions pertaining to it's different xover points. Are these available on just the center front or the rear center as well? Are the rest standard?
My intent is to use the ICBM as a xover for bi-amping maggie 20.0, I use a threshold 400a now, and suspect that the m200 might mate well. I would send the sub out to the bass panel amp, and xover the center maggie CC2 into this. (I also use the MMGs for the back, and will likely add another CC3 and move CC2 to rear center) Is the stereo subout good enough for the high res of the top end big maggie? (it will be xovered at 120, but I think my earlier 20.0 would like to see 140hz)
950, pre/pro: I see it has adjustable points for xover to a sub in the digital domain, however, I see that using the 6 channel analog gives 2 sub options, but has a fixed point of 80 hz. As you might guess, my HSU VTF3 wants to be at the 30/40hz range, with rest going to the bi-amped maggie 20. Is there a mod, update, or component values to be changed to xover at this 40hz point?

#47157 - 07/10/03 09:36 AM Re: 950 analog xover, ICBM-mg
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
If you haven't already, I'd suggest an e-mail to info@outlawaudio.com -- the tech support guys can give you some really good info pretty quickly (Outlaw maintains and monitors this forum, but they do not often post here). In the meanwhile, here's a blurb from an older newsletter that may help you some.

Quote:
For those who have inquired about the special "Magnapan" edition of the ICBM, the main difference from the "standard" ICBM is the range of crossover points. The ICBM Special Magnapan Edition's 80 Hz, 120 Hz, 160 Hz, 200 Hz and 240 Hz crossovers were selected by Magnapan for the greatest degree of integration with all of their current speaker offerings as well as older models. The low pass information may be redirected to the main speakers or the main speakers and the subwoofer. Please send us an e-mail if you have specific questions about this product or wish to order one.

The standard ICBM's crossover points are 40, 60, 80, 100, and 120 Hz, by the way.

The 950's analog bass management (which applies only to the 6-channel analog input) provides an 80Hz crossover point only. It is not variable. You might technically be able to pop the hood and change out some components to make that a 40Hz point, but I'm afraid you'll void the five-year warranty along the way.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

Who's Online
0 registered (), 95 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts