Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 6 of 14 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14 >
Topic Options
#46828 - 06/09/03 08:41 PM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
psklenar Offline
Desperado

Loc: Southern New England, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Mikehdtv:
... if Outlaw shoots straight they will take care of their family and not just give customers BS sloagans but action.

Mike,

I think I'm the oldest member of the Outlaw family on this forum, I was one of the five original beta testers of the Model 1050 in May of 2000. I can honestly say that the Outlaws have been straight shooters since day one. Sure they've made mistakes (research the delayed launch of the Model 950 for an example), but they have always taken care of their customers.

pat----

#46829 - 06/09/03 09:03 PM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
Dane Offline
Gunslinger

Am I the only one that bought a computer only to see the price drop the next week. Did anyone buy a flat screen plasma last year for $5'000, now they are down to $1'999. My sexy digital camera was over $500 when it first came out. I bought it when the price dropped below $300, and six months later I saw it for $250. Sh&t flows downhill and so do technology prices.

PS: I bought my 950 & 770 a month before the price drop. I would like to have the extra $100 in my pocket, but I made the decision to buy and in the 30 days in between I've blasted the house with; Ice Age, The Matrix, The Fifth Element, Rumble in the Bronx, Star Trek Nemesis, Lord of the Rings & Cannonball Run.

PSS: I play the pass line. I get happy when I throw a 7 or 11 on the come out roll and I say CRAP when I throw a 2, 3 or 12. Most things in life are a gamble. Go with it and have fun.

#46830 - 06/09/03 09:10 PM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
Dane Offline
Gunslinger

Am I the only one that bought a computer only to see the price drop the next week. Did anyone buy a flat screen plasma last year for $5'000, now they are down to $1'999. My sexy digital camera was over $500 when it first came out. I bought it when the price dropped below $300, and six months later I saw it for $250. Sh&t flows downhill and so do technology prices.

PS: I bought my 950 & 770 a month before the price drop. I would like to have the extra $100 in my pocket, but I made the decision to buy and in the 30 days in between I've blasted the house with; Ice Age, The Matrix, The Fifth Element, Rumble in the Bronx, Star Trek Nemesis, Lord of the Rings & Cannonball Run.

PSS: I play the pass line. I get happy when I throw a 7 or 11 on the come out roll and I say CRAP when I throw a 2, 3 or 12. Most things in life are a gamble. Go with it and have fun.

#46831 - 06/09/03 09:12 PM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
Dane Offline
Gunslinger

Oops.

#46832 - 06/09/03 09:29 PM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
dengor Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: newtown, pa us
What a bunch of whining!! maybe I should complain to the grocery store since strawberries cost less this week than last week. Or complain to Intel everytime they drop the price of a CPU chip. Or now that computer memory costs less than last week, I guess I should have a hissy fit....... Gee, I sure hope the price of those spiffy Plasma TVs don't drop or it'll hurt the feelings of my brother-in-law who just bought one.

Turning to reality, what company shares its marketing strategy BEFORE they implement it? few, if any!! and there is no reason to expect it.

I bought an Outlaw component a few months ago. If the price should drop in the future, well, I got my enjoyment out of it for these few months -- and these months of enjoyment is what I got for any price difference - no grumbling.

#46833 - 06/09/03 09:41 PM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
DaleB Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Clovis, CA,US
Leave it to somebody come along and try to use logic to explain something!! haha kidding! The whole thing is quite ridiculous.

#46834 - 06/09/03 10:44 PM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
OFCCM Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Hueytown, Al. 35023
Jed,

Sorry, I was brezzing through forum and wanted to make a comment in a hurry and in general to the ones that were so upset. I picked one comment out of your statement without reading it all to catch the sarcasm.

#46835 - 06/09/03 11:25 PM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Step into my little dinner theater. (you know my penchants)
“As good as it gets”
Carol: OK, we all have these terrible stories to get over, and you---
Melvin Udall: It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times,---- noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good.

I beg indulgence, - as my position as a early 950 purchaser may be coloring my opinion.

“1776”
Dr. Benjamin Franklin: Revolutions come into this world like bastard children. Half-improvised and half-compromised John Adams: This is a revolution, dammit! We're going to have to offend SOMEbody
Dr. Benjamin Franklin: Tell me, Mr. Wilson, when you were a judge, how in hell did you ever make a decision? James Wilson: The decisions I made were based on legality and precedent. But there is no legality here, and certainly no precedent. Dr. Benjamin Franklin: [losing his temper] Because, it's a new idea, you CLOT! We'll be making our own precedent!

They are a small company bucking the industry Old World business model. They will have to be judicious with their assets to remain viable.

“Black Adder”
Captain Edmund Blackadder: I, on the other hand, am a fully rounded human being with a degree from the university of life, a diploma from the school of hard knocks, and three gold stars from the kindergarten of getting the **** kicked out of me.
Edmund Blackadder: Right Baldrick, let's try again shall we? This is called adding. If I have two beans, and then I add two more beans, what do I have?
Baldrick: Some beans.
Edmund Blackadder: Yes... and no. Let's try again shall we? I have two beans, then I add two more beans. What does that make?
Baldrick: A very small casserole.
Edmund Blackadder: Baldrick, the ape creatures of the Indus have mastered this. Now try again. One, two, three, four. So how many are there?
Baldrick: Three.
Edmund Blackadder: What?
Baldrick: ...and that one.
Edmund Blackadder: Three and that one. So if I add that one to the three what will I have?
Baldrick: Oh! Some beans.
Edmund Blackadder: Yes. To you Baldrick, the Renaissance was just something that happened to other people, wasn't it?

Don’t sweat bean counting too much, have you EVER owned any electronic devices that increased in value, and does that state of affairs ruin your usage of these items? Ask your wives about missing (or hitting …..”but IT WAS on Sale”) the deals of life. It’s a dicey business and as a prior poster put, often like Craps.

“Black Adder”
Lieutenant George: Oh, sir, if we should happen to tread on a mine, what do we do?
Captain Edmund Blackadder: Well, normal procedure, Lieutenant, is to jump up 250 feet into the air and scatter yourself over a wide area

You can get upset about it but aren’t you over anticipating? If you gave them time to respond to your direct e-mails in private before broadcasting discontent and accusations of nefarious practices all over the site (knowing that a small company has asked for patience on response turnarounds during their large shows and times of heavy scheduling). Would that be the wiser more reasonable course? HOW silly will you feel if they do refund your money for purchasers whom are under 30 days (absolutely not implying they SHOULD). But the terse tiny apology I’ve seen men grudgingly grant Outlaw when [issues] that arise occasionally are settled is NOT NEAR enough recompense for what they suffer from chronic quickshooting lambasters.

“Mayberry”
Barney Fife: A dog can't get struck by lightning. you know why? 'Cause he's too close to the ground. See, lightning strikes tall things. Now if they were giraffes out there in the field, now then we'd have trouble

My public stance if (FORBID) Outlaw went out of business tomorrow, I’d still BE satisfied with my 950/770 and 950/750 and interconnect purchases. I CHOSE the products at the price I paid, when I paid it, - everything I purchase is instantly on the path to the end of its life span, or in middle of nowhere. My CHOICE is not invalidated because the next person pays less for what I enjoy. Otherwise I’d have to consider myself a fool. And please believe I put a LOT of research into the attempt of being a responsible cagey and well satisfied audiophile when I purchased Outlaw. JME.

“Lonesome Dove”
Clara Allen (Angelica Huston): Here, Mr. Johnson. Meet your son. (Hands baby to July Johnson, who tries to take the infant gingerly in his arms.) ……Well, that's a good sign. I guess you'd at least catch him if somebody threw him off a roof.

I feel that many here agree their purchase with Outlaw was a wise choice, if you ‘liked’ your 950 at 899, what’s changes your tune so colorfully at 799 in a turbulent economy?. Don’t let this lesson of free trade destroy the possibility of a beautiful relationship with your 950!

#46836 - 06/09/03 11:32 PM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
Kevin C Brown Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
Hee, hee. I *still* think Outlaw should have *raised* the price Would have prevented all the whining.

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!

#46837 - 06/10/03 12:44 AM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
sdurani Offline
Desperado

Loc: Monterey Park, CA
Kevin,
Quote:
I *still* think Outlaw should have *raised* the price
I can't believe that's actually starting to make sense!

Sanj

Page 6 of 14 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 124 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts