Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 9 of 14 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 >
Topic Options
#46858 - 06/15/03 05:32 PM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Loc: Home on the range
Quote:
my memory is good enough to remember I received a Email, long sence deleted, that said that I needed to give them a CC # to insure that I get the unit at $899 before prices go up..I did and, like many others , I waited and waited until my time came.

Everett, I was on the list for a long time and if you want to know what day I received my 950 click on my profile and see the date I registered. I have been through it all so I know where you are coming from and because of that I feel I can assure you that they never said the price was going to go up, ever. In fact, I am sure that you are alone with that recollection (anybody else remember? speak up now). Maybe it was just a private email only addressed to you because I doubt anyone else will recall Outlaw telling them that. Who knows? I've been wrong before. And if you still can't see it our way, all I know is the better Outlaw's bottom line is, the cheaper I get my products, so in that way their success is more advantageous than 100 dollars in shipping credit.

[This message has been edited by Jed M (edited June 15, 2003).]

#46859 - 06/15/03 05:38 PM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
Kevin C Brown Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
Well, at first, I also did have the impression that if anything, the 950's price would go up. But geez, that was over a year ago! Times change and economics change too.

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!

#46860 - 06/15/03 06:34 PM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
tofufot Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Ann Arbor
Hey Kevin,
Couldn't you use the $100 to defray the cost of your new Lexicon?

#46861 - 06/15/03 07:54 PM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
fmcorps Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fargo, ND, USA
message deleted by poster.

[This message has been edited by fmcorps (edited June 15, 2003).]

#46862 - 06/15/03 09:51 PM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
psklenar Offline
Desperado

Loc: Southern New England, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by jm99:
Perhaps it is the following you are referring to. ...

Who'd of thunk saving the old newsletters would be worthwhile ...

From the 17 July 2001 newsletter:
Quote:
We are still looking at an introductory price under $900, and of course there will be an "Outlaw Family discount" in some form. We'll announce the final pricing after Labor Day, once we have a handle on the final bill of materials. A reservation list will also be osted after Labor Day.

And from the 18 October 2001 newsletter:
Quote:
-At this point we do not have final pricing or information about the "family discounts". However, we are committed to an introductory price of $899 that we expect to maintain for at least the first three months of availability. Pricing beyond that point is subject to change without notice.

Notice the phrase "subject to change without notice".

------------------
pat----

email: pat@sklenar.info ---===--- home page: Grumpy's Lair

#46863 - 06/16/03 01:01 AM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
speak now or forever hold your peace. That line always sends a crawl up my back at a wedding,....I'm always waiting for a "The Graduate" reaction from someone someday.

Everett, I See your displeasure after your last post more clearly now.

You think Outlaw over a year back? enticed you to purchase NOW, before price went up. Without having a hardcopy of every purchaser’s e-mail responses, I can’t guarantee that some such wordage was not on yours: (lock in price). I just pulled my own hardcopy emails I printed from my early order days with Outlaw, (would attach them but the files have been cleaned out of the computer). And none of these mention submitting my CC# to lock in the price.

Comments about the CC only concerned locking in my reservation which:
1) they have the right to cancel
2) they have the right (during early shipping-back order) to limit to one unit per purchaser
3) I have the right to cancel during my ‘window’ when notified that my reservation # has queued.
4) They required submission of the CC# to hold my reservations but clearly stated no charge would appear on my CC until I have been notified I can order, and confirmed that I still desired to place this order.

I was just happy Outlaw did not go like several other purchases I have dealt with. Specificily some major car part purchases ranging in cost from 400 to 3500. As soon as ordered was placed these were charged to my card, although receipt of the products were always delayed anywhere from 6 weeks to (Literally in one case 6 months).

I TRULY don’t think Outlaw was pulling the slimely car lot deal, (this offer is good if you buy RIGHT now, …TODAY…tomorrow morning I won’t be able to do this amount).

The terms “Introductory” I see pasted over most new products/ads. I was one of the (way to much time to kill) posters (if I remember) in one post actually theorizing out loud on the possibility the 950 MIGHT go up in price. Hence people like me causing the “newsletter” response “We find it amusing” that JJ99 just cut and pasted.

I truly wondered if it would. For a time there was a feeding frenzy about the 950. And back then I remember thinking I it could be 50, 100 or 200 dollars possibly. However I never expected a price increase to occur after a short while of musing on that subject, as I was watching combined effects on our economy of , 9-11, the pending war, the Enron fiasco, the stuttering Stock prices, Airline crunch etc. across America. In fact all these factors should make a company like Outlaw SO much more attractive, when consumers watch and worry about the future.

Reading some of these quotes I remember (way back when) some days thinking the price would go UP, and other days it WILL go down. I bet Outlaw hoped to push it up,,,, but competition for market share is just going to get tougher…you will see…(I expect) more and more ‘deals’ going on around AV. And as mentioned in this thread earlier, there are some other brand owners out there who are unhappy about price reductions. I just feel it benefits us all, (if things don’t drop too far too fast, …bad sign for industries) I choose to order Outlaw for the sound and performance, - but Outlaw is also JUST the kind of company I would turn too when times are lean if I was attempting to factor frugality in my non-essential purchases.
I think although ‘price’ is the topic that’s bothering you right now….you made a VERY wise choice as regards the COST of keeping up to date with AV current tech. I’ve felt AV is [really] getting close to the dramatic instant depreciation effect of buying each latest update for your computer, which makes a company like Outlaw (who cuts the middle man) that much more attractive. I get really tired of taking those extremely DRAMATIC price hits, although my “have it now’ personality can lead me into these.

I do ‘remember’ thinking “might they go up?” But if I had felt that Outlaw might go DOWN in price in a year or two ( or even 3 months) and I [was] paying the highest retail early release price (when demand was high). It would not have stopped my purchase at that price at that time. I was WAY past ready to buy during that period. I thought the 950/770 combo was a GREAT deal at its release. Wow……what a stunner at the ‘new’ price, - for what you get!

by the by,...Happy Fathers Day to all "Dads"!

#46864 - 06/16/03 02:39 AM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
DaleB Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Clovis, CA,US
Fine points, Lena. Imagine living in bliss, courtesy of ignorance, in owning some high end gear that you paid too much for to begin with.
I see little 'quibbling' room with Outlaw. You would be in dire straits searching for equipment as good for double the price (discounting clones) let alone trying to find anything half as good that is cheaper!
Sometimes the optimum point is near the bottom of the price scale. Enjoy it! You are among some great folks here!

[This message has been edited by DaleB (edited June 16, 2003).]

#46865 - 06/17/03 12:40 AM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
Alejate Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Albany, NY
Since we are up to three pages on this topic, I just had to add my two cents. This is NOT K-MART! Stores like this offer a 30 day price protection policy because what they lose in one area of sales they make up in another area. In case you didn't notice, Outlaw doesn't have the same inventory as K-MART. Sure, who wouldn't want an extra $100 in their pocket? But this is a company with a small selection with reasonable prices, so why is anyone complaining about a small reduction in price? If you want to complain, then take on the automotive companies whose product significantly depreciates by thousands of dollars just by driving it off the lot. I always appreciated the lowering of prices on CD players, the invention of the boom-box, cheap all-in-one box hometheaters. This brings technology into millions of homes and fuels the home electronic industry which in turns puts more money into further development. I for one am glad Outlaw lowered their price, it may put more 950s into households which in turn gives Outlaw more revenue to further advance their products.

#46866 - 06/17/03 06:21 PM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
Mikehdtv Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Outlaw has always been the Kmart of the separates world. Nothing wrong with that...they've found a niche!

;-)

Mike

#46867 - 06/17/03 06:52 PM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
DaleB Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Clovis, CA,US
Quote:
Originally posted by Mikehdtv:
Outlaw has always been the Kmart of the separates world. Nothing wrong with that...they've found a niche!

;-)

Mike

Isn't that a bit self-depracating? I know I would not spend any time on a forum at a KMart website, even if they sold A/V equipment.
It's the customers that also 'make' the company. There is a niche because there ARE customers willing to overlook a 'pretty face' and lots of hype in favor of equipment more favorably priced with essentially the same performance. And while it may be a matter of opinion, great customer service besides. Of course you can go to places where they will roll out the red carpet for you, give you a coupon for starbucks, and all for a heavy toll. But here you are ...

Page 9 of 14 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 143 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts