Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 14 >
Topic Options
#46798 - 06/09/03 01:56 AM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
OFCCM Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Hueytown, Al. 35023
SanJay,

One of my favorite quotes. I always stump folks by asking them if they know who is credited with first using that phrase. Hint, it was a woman with a varied career that went from Broadway to Congress and was wife of a famous publisher. A very interesting lady.

#46799 - 06/09/03 02:44 AM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
Kevin C Brown Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
Price drop: If you're in the 30 day window, I'd call them/email them. Maybe they'll work a deal with you. They are nice people after all!

Outside the 30 days? Gee, when did anyone here get any money back from Sony, Yamaha, Pioneer, et al, when those companie shave dropped prices?

But someone did mention a 30 day price guarentee. Most individual stores do have that. I'd bug Outlaw. See what they say.

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!

#46800 - 06/09/03 04:33 AM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
sdurani Offline
Desperado

Loc: Monterey Park, CA
Duplicate

[This message has been edited by sdurani (edited June 09, 2003).]

#46801 - 06/09/03 04:41 AM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
sdurani Offline
Desperado

Loc: Monterey Park, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by OFCCM:
...it was a woman with a varied career that went from Broadway to Congress and was wife of a famous publisher.
Hillary?

OK, second guess: Clare Booth Luce?

Sanjay

#46802 - 06/09/03 08:17 AM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
Philip Hamm Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Northern Virginia, USA
Quote:
I've owned mine for under 400 days. Can't we all just get a check for 100 bucks from Outlaw? And when I say all, I mean everybody, not just 950 owners.
Yeah what he said! Hey I bought a box of Cheerios last week from the supermarket for $3.50 and now they're on sale 2 for $5.00 I want my $1 back!!!

People, this is riduculous.

Quote:
Actually if I was one of the Outlaws I would give $$ credits toward future products.
They already have a well publicized "family discount" program. This is how I got my 950 for $850 last December. Since I was a previous Outlaw customer I got a discount, and I assume I would get one on that sub (licking my lips).

------------------
Philip Hamm

[This message has been edited by Philip Hamm (edited June 09, 2003).]

#46803 - 06/09/03 09:23 AM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
Mikehdtv Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Atlanta, GA
"Outlaw is not a leopard that changes it's spots at a moment's notice, it a manufacturer of quality audio compenents."

That's exactly what Outlaw did. It changed it's spots!
They droped the price without giving customers who bought in the past 30 days notice or the courtesy of offering them the new price. That is a lack of the "customer service" that they so loudly tout and may be an indication that Outlaw is hurting financially. They have that money in hand and probably need to get rid of excess inventory due to soft sales hence the price drop; not the corporate line they gave in the latest newsletter about production volumes. If you believe that I got a bridge to sell ya! Outlaw ain't moving that many 950's to drop the price $100 to benefit the customer. In fact the opposite is more likely true. They have too much product on hand that ain't been sold. As Xyzfla stated above, alot of the Biggies are offering huge discounts. Many of them, including Outlaw, may not survive the current economic downturn. How many people go out and buy Audio equipment without hearing it? Not many, and the only reason they do is
word of mouth and customer service which for Outlaw may be on the downward side of the curve with this move. Outlaw should step up to the plate and honor their new price to those who bought within the 30 day period.

#46804 - 06/09/03 10:09 AM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
OK, Outlaw lowered their price. Keep in mind that the 950 is rolling off the same line as the AT and Sherbourn clones and several other variants like the Fosgate. The core architecture of the 950 is in a lot of products, and manufacturing savings are hardly improbable in that case. They could have left the price at $899, but have decided to instead offer their customers an even better value. Shame on them?

Now, they announced the price drop over the weekend. It was at a trade show, a logical place to do so. As I've already indicated, I don't understand how we can condemn a company for lowering the price on a product. I also don't know how else they could go about announcing a price change. If they say that they'll lower the price next month, then they are stuck with no sales for 30 days while everybody waits for the price drop and they have people waiting impatiently and wondering why they can't go ahead and drop the price now -- and apparently people who bought one at some point in the past complaining. So they announce it and make it effective immediately, and avoid two of those three headaches. For those people still in the 30-day return period (xyzfla, raider), I do think it's worthwhile to investigate a refund.

Quote:
They droped the price without giving customers who bought in the past 30 days notice or the courtesy of offering them the new price.

Since we haven't actually asked them yet, it seems premature to complain about terrible business practices because of the chance that they will say "no" to xyzfla, raider, and others in the 30-day window. All we have right now is a price reduction. The horror. Find me something in the newsletter that says "Oh, and if you just bought a 950, tough luck -- we're not interested in discussing a rebate." It's not there. I just looked. Take a deep breath, relax, and let's wait a few days to see what happens.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#46805 - 06/09/03 10:55 AM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
DaleB Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Clovis, CA,US
Nice statement, Gonk. We probably are getting ahead of ourselves here.
Yes, Outlaw does rely on word of mouth as Mikehdtv suggests, but I doubt this particular situation is going to turn anybody away from a fine product, especially when it's cheaper.
If anyone feels they are being ripped off after buying a 950, or think the company is less than ethical, they should follow through on their convictions, and sell THEIR 950 FOR A LOWER PRICE, and never purchase anything from Outlaw again!

[This message has been edited by DaleB (edited June 09, 2003).]

#46806 - 06/09/03 11:04 AM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
AGAssarsson Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Washington, DC, USA
QUOTE] Originally posted by Mikehdtv:

...a lack of the "customer service" that they so loudly tout and may be an indication that Outlaw is hurting financially... They have too much product on hand that ain't been sold... Outlaw, may not survive the current economic downturn...
[/QUOTE]

This sounds like the beginning of a ugly conspiracy theory. Outlaw drops the price of an item, and the company is out of cash. But after further consideration... these rumors of the Outlaws imminent demise are just what they don't want us to even dream about... the whole deck of cards might collapse right before our eyes. It's so obvious to me now... all the value, quality and customer service are just a desperate ruse. Outlaw is an economic gamble that, alas, was too good to be true.

Outlaw only shows prototypes at the HT 2003 Show, but where's the real product? They want us to believe they are growing, but in reality they can't afford to actually build real working equipment.

Tell me that the former Secretary of the Treasury James O'Neil is running the supply vs. demand models for the this bankrupt company, and I will believe it. Soon the Outlaws' faces will be appearing on decks of playing cards, and we will have to hunt them down because of the threat they pose to our national security.

#46807 - 06/09/03 11:31 AM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
Gregg Loewen Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Maine, USA
Hi guys, I saw a thread at Hometheaterforum and then decided to surf by here to see what is being discussed.

Let me cut and paste my thoughts:

Let me interject my thoughts...

Ive known all the Outlaws since the inception of the company. I was a beta tester for the 950 and was scheduled to work the San Francisco show for them until my wife announced she was pregnant and due to deliver (she is now at 41.5 weeks and still holding on :-( ). I was even given the previledge of sitting in on a design meeting for the new retro receiver.

Outlaw Audio has a long history of consistantly going above and beyond for their customers. If you are within a 30 day window from your purchase give them an email or a phone call and discuss the issue with them. I am confident they will do whatever it takes to make you a satisfied customer.

Please remember that the email and the notification of the price drop occurred while the entire Outlaw crew was in San Francisco. GUYS...THEY ARE STILL OUT THERE!!! As with other trade shows, the employees will be packing up gear on Sunday evening and Monday AM then be returning home. I fully expect them to be in the office on Tuesday.

Im guessing the price drop is to stay competitive as new products hit the market. The 950 has always been a competitively priced product, and now for $799 there is nothing comparible to it, especially if you do a combo deal and get an amp and the interconnects!

Regards,

Gregg Loewen

Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 14 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,692 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM