Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 13 14 >
Topic Options
#46788 - 06/08/03 04:11 PM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
Xyzfla Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Oldsmar,FL,USA
I agree with you, “Raider”. But I paid $74 for shipping to me and I guess shipping from me will be another $74. Add this to the fact that I sold my 1050 which means I will have to buy something else. Agggghhh.

I see the 7 pack of cables has been reduced by more than 50% from $99.95 to $49 with pre/amp purchase. Another, Aggghhh.

At least I didn’t buy Krell. They just reduced some HT products by $2,000.00 to $3,000.00. Well, they call it a trade in discount.

This looks to me like the result of a soft market. I believe Adcom also has some “promotion” going on. Sunfire seems to have lots of B-stock available. Tweeter Inc. just hired some genius from Best Buy to try to stem the decline in same store sales. Etc etc.

By the way is Outlaw or its parent a publicly traded company?

#46789 - 06/08/03 05:48 PM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
Time_Stands_Still Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Just an FYI.

There is no real reason why anyone should be upset at any price drop. I hardly doubt Outlaw wanted to screw anyone over ( BTW I have yet to purchase any products from Outlaw, but they are a brand I am looking at )

Life is like that folks, I worked in the electronics industry for 5 years and price drops of such are common place. Look at those who bought Playstation 2 for $300 USD and then a $100 USD price drop came. We are talking about electronics and they almost always drop in price over time. There are generally two reasons for this.

1: Market share has been reached and a price reduction will allow the company to keep moving product. Not a bad thing even for those who paid a higher price as you generally have had more time to enjoy the unit while others have yet to enjoy such.

2: The industry moves forward and new products come out or are coming out by all manufacturers and the compnay wants to sell through so it is not left with a wharehouse of higher priced less competitive products.

Personally I believe Outlaw should have dropped the price of the 1050 but $50-$100USD only because the market is now saturated with 6.1 and 7.1 receivers. The 1050 is still a superlative H/T receiver but its edge in pricing has all but gone.

The 950 is still on the leading edge but obviously Outlaw wants to sell through the 950 to keep its market share. Remember for most Outlaw owners ( or any higher quality brand ) ownership generally brings you brand loyalty. Outlaw has made obviously good profit ( not a bad thing ) on the 950 and now wants to saturate its market segement, hopefully bringing it more loyal customers.

As for those who feel slighted... DON'T this is life in a socalled free market. Everyday in life we see price fluctuations. If the price whent up by $100USD you would feel like you made out like a bandit ( OUTLAW TALK ..LOL) But what if Outlaw said to you "Hey we know you just bought your 950 for $899 a month ago etc. but can we bill your credit card an extra $100 bucks because the price went up?" What would you tell Outlaw to do? Yes, we know your answer. So why should Outlaw who even at $899 are offering you a great product ( or you would not have bought it ) give you $100 back? There is no reason for them to do so. It's business and they are not screwing you around ( NO!I DON'T WORK FOR THEM! ... LOL )

Look at it this way as Outlaw sells through product, it will be able to bring new products at still good prices in the future and your next purchase from them might be a better and/or cheaper product for what it may offer you and that folks can't be too bad!

[This message has been edited by Time_Stands_Still (edited June 08, 2003).]

#46790 - 06/08/03 06:40 PM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
Mikehdtv Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Atlanta, GA
If I was in my 30 trial period the thing would be on the next UPS truck. I bought into Outlaw because I thought they were a different company. They haven't won any loyalty from me with this move.

Mike

#46791 - 06/08/03 06:49 PM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
DaleB Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Clovis, CA,US
I am in the middle of the road on this debate, I bought mine on 6/02! But already got a $50 discount as a previous customer.
I think this pre/pro is great and am not about to ship it back out of spite. Prices change all the time, technology has passed you by the time you purchase anything.
If I was outside of the 30 day period I would just write it off. In all fairness where do they draw the line, 30 days, 60 days, or based it on who's the most pissed off?
But if they are willing to show some good will by sending a pair of cables, etc. for the exta 50 bucks, I would be happy.

[This message has been edited by DaleB (edited June 08, 2003).]

#46792 - 06/08/03 07:24 PM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
Time_Stands_Still Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Mikehdtv:
If I was in my 30 trial period the thing would be on the next UPS truck. I bought into Outlaw because I thought they were a different company. They haven't won any loyalty from me with this move.

Mike

Mike.

How else could they have done so? I mean a price change is a price change. How could anyone expect it to be done?

If you buy into a product at its listed price, you have accepted it for what it was worth. The fact that a few weeks later it dropped in price is moot. My point still stands, if the price went up by $100 within 30 days then by your logic could Outlaw ( or anyone ) not demand to charge your credit card an extra $100? What would be the difference? I am sure had it been this way, those who bought it at $899 would say. " That's too bad Outlaw you agreed to sell it to me for $899." So why should it be reversed at a lower price?

The price of gas for our cars can go up or down in price daily. If you bought your gas for say $1.50 gallon and the next day it was $1.40 a gallon, would you scream for the difference back?

Sorry but I hear that we live in ( sort of ) the free market world, and with free markets comes the right to raise or lower prices as need be. When one buys say the 950 at $899. That day they got it for the best price they could. If tommorrow or a week later it drops in price, well is nobodys fault but a snapshot at this socalled wonderful free market all too many people CHEER about!

Look I am not trying to be a jerk, but I know that pricing is a subjective thing and something that remains in FLUX, If you buy the 950 at $899 it was obviously a good enough deal for you to do so. The fact that at a later date one could get it for $799 really does not matter and should have NO impact on loyalty. Outlaw is a business like any other. It needs to sell through stock and make a buck or two to survive. Charity need not apply in business. Early adopters always pay the most for the privilage to be the first on the block owners of anything.

Just my added 2cents.

P.S. It would be Outlaw's PRIVILEGE to price protect anyone within the 30 trial period. It may be a wise thing for them to do so if only to keep any hassle of possible returns to a min. But it is not a customers right to demand such. Remember though even if they were to do such a nice corporate thing, what of the guy who is 31 or 32 days past, now they are pissed off. Where does it stop then?

PLEASE NOBODY BITE MY HEAD OFF OK?

[This message has been edited by Time_Stands_Still (edited June 08, 2003).]

#46793 - 06/08/03 07:29 PM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
And my Mac Dual G4 450s should still be worth the $2500 I payed for it new!!!

I'm sorry here folks, but if you bought your 950 beyond 30 days ago, Outlaw doesn't owe you a penny. Technology changes and so do prices.

I do think the 1050 could use a price lowering too. I may smart about that a little but I would still recommend it to everybody looking for a receiver in that price range.

#46794 - 06/08/03 07:58 PM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
Mikehdtv Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Atlanta, GA
I am writing mine off, but if Outlaw has any sense of fairness they will give the guys who bought it less than 30 days ago a price break. If I bought a car today and a couple of days later was being sold for 11% cheaper you'd be damn sure I'd be at the dealer asap.
The same goes for a computer. The fact is business will screw you any time they have the opportunity. I'll say it again, I thought Outlaw was a different kind of company... I expect better than the norm.

Mike

#46795 - 06/08/03 08:15 PM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
DaleB Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Clovis, CA,US
Quote:
Originally posted by Mikehdtv:
I'll say it again, I thought Outlaw was a different kind of company... I expect better than the norm.

Mike

Outlaw is not a leopard that changes it's spots at a moment's notice, it a manufacturer of quality audio compenents.

To even equate a price drop with a generalization of busineses always being out to rip off customers I feel is totally unfair.
True, something like a 30 day price guarantee would be good, or throwing in more 'stuff' so you don't feel you are being slighted. But if they didn't, does that lower the quality of the product they produce? Not hardly, and they could fix the price at $899 and you would go merrily along your way thinking you were getting the same value today you did last year.
Nobody is telling you how to spend your money, so stop acting like you are getting what you paid for at first, only to have the company come back and put the screws to you.
I am glad for the future buyers of this great pre/pro even if it is a lower price.

[This message has been edited by DaleB (edited June 08, 2003).]

#46796 - 06/08/03 08:33 PM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
Raider Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Cleveland, TN
I work for a company that sells retail to the public. People will buy if they feel price protected for say 30 days. A lot of people will not buy if they think there is a possibility the price may go down. Some retailers will guarantee their price for 30 days to keep sales flowing which seems to be reasonable. Outlaw can do whatever they want and I will do what I want but I will not lose sleep over the $150 bucks. Actually if I was one of the Outlaws I would give $$ credits toward future products. That lets them keep the revenue, insure some future purchases, and make some folks happy. Also, future purchasers will not be constantly delaying purchases thinking there might be a price decrease.
Will be interesting to see if the Outlaws will break some more rules. Are they like everyone else or do they want to develop brand loyalty?

#46797 - 06/08/03 10:59 PM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
sdurani Offline
Desperado

Loc: Monterey Park, CA
$100 price drop = company screwing customers?

Wow, the old adage really is true: no good deed goes unpunished!

Sanjay

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 13 14 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 125 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM