Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 12 of 14 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 >
Topic Options
#46888 - 06/18/03 11:08 PM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
Alejate Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Albany, NY
Well said TCIII! Wasn't this thread about the $100 decrease in the cost of the 950? What saloon are we drinking beer in now? This type of feedback is the exact reason I was against the "Your System" thread, it tends to turn into the negativity of the AVS forum. I still think the 950 is a good value for $899, and some lucky Outlaws get to have it for $799 now.

#46889 - 06/19/03 04:23 AM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
Time_Stands_Still Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
At $899 or $799 the 950 is an awesome A/V processor. If I actually could feel good about budgeting the money to buy the 950/7100 combo I would. At $1500USD that is a combo that would make 9/10 H/T users and audio/videophiles quite happy. But alas I really do not have the dispensory cash to buy such a combo. To anyone here who have a 950 with whatever Outlaw amp you should stop crying over $100 and sit back and enjoy one of the best A/V values for performance around regardless of price.

#46890 - 06/19/03 04:24 AM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
Time_Stands_Still Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
At $899 or $799 the 950 is an awesome A/V processor. If I actually could feel good about budgeting the money to buy the 950/7100 combo I would. At $1500USD that is a combo that would make 9/10 H/T users and audio/videophiles quite happy. But alas I really do not have the dispensory cash to buy such a combo. To anyone here who have a 950 with whatever Outlaw amp you should stop crying over $100 and sit back and enjoy one of the best A/V values for performance around regardless of price.

#46891 - 06/19/03 04:59 AM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Loc: Home on the range
Mike makes a valid point. At first I was upset and then I started thinking about it and I just figured maybe I should hear him out; maybe k mart does make high quality/good value gear. Don't ask me why but I put my 950/770 up for sale and cruised out to K-Mart and picked up this high quality receiver/processor . I don't want to make an early judgment but for my initial review I will admit at first I was a little disappointed. It seemed as though the sound was compressed and a little thin. I called my K-Mart store and talked to the technician who sells their electronics. I was really impressed by the extensive knowledge the staff of KMart had dealing with HT. Unfortunately, after he went through a few steps with me and helped me calibrate my system/clock I still was not wowed by the sound. Before I was going to take it back I decided to try one last thing, so I changed out the power cord and all I can say now is WOW! What a difference that makes. The sound stage has completely opened up and it seems as if it could easily compete with units 3 to 4 times its price. The best thing about this unit is it has no history of bugs or flaws so I can rest easily knowing I have finally found the Value Mecca we all have been seeking. I will be doing a shootout against the Anthem next week so stay tuned for the results.

#46892 - 06/19/03 08:29 AM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
Oaf Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Vancouver,British Columbia, Ca...
Jed M ... now that's funny... I eagerly anticipate your shootout review!

#46893 - 06/19/03 09:08 AM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
ScottH Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NY, NY, USA
Would this discussion have even happened if the price drop was announced concurrently with the release of the 950's successor? I don't think so. I bought my first pro-logic receiver for $600 immediately after it was discontinued, it listed for $1600 before AC-3 came out. Today it's probably not worth more than $50. I think it's important to note that when you buy this type of equipment you are consuming, not investing.

On the other hand: A habitual upgrader who sells equipment before it is fully depreciated has to think about the cost of ownership. Since used 950s were offered for at least $799, the price of a used 950 definitely went down as a result of Outlaw's new pricing. And for this reason I can see why a certain segment of 950 owners are somewhat cross.

But, are you mad at the automobile manufacturers for continually increasing their rebates on new cars? This puts downward pressure on the price of the car you are currently driving. Could this and some of Outlaw's other moves been made more smoothly? Probably. Will I replace my Denon AVR-3000 with an Outlaw 950/770 combo when I have a dedicated HT room? Probably. Will I pay less than $2,398? Probably, if it's after the 950's big brother comes out...

#46894 - 06/19/03 10:42 AM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
Alejate Offline
Gunslinger

I regret that I ever used K-MART in my comment. I never knew it would become so twisted. Why is this such a hard concept to understand? Large department stores have a vast and diverse inventory to make money from. Some offer a reimbursement if a product is purchased just before a sale. They can do this because of this vast inventory, what they may lose on one product they will make up on another. And some stores like K-MART end up in economic disasters. So what the hell does this have to do with Outlaw's product quality or customer service? The point is Outlaw doesn't have an automotive dept., sporting goods, clothing, etc. to draw from to simply say it will reimbuse all of us 950 owners $100. Is this economic lesson too difficult for some of you? They are a new company trying to stay afloat and doing the best they can. I for one am glad to see they are responding to tough financial times. This has nothing to do with K-MART's AV line or customer service.

#46895 - 06/19/03 02:05 PM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
JED. YOU ARE EVIL

...and it can stand up to a 3-yr old

#46896 - 06/19/03 10:26 PM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
DaleB Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Clovis, CA,US
I feel funny talking about this, after jumping all over Mike for his comments, but my objective, which was to say there is little in common with KMart and Outlaw remains the same.
Last week I was given an offer in regards to the price drop since I purchased a 950 just four days prior to the announcement.
Outlaw had me call them and made me a rather generous offer which was a choice of a credit refund, or more credit for a future purchase.
Then I get an email yesterday, stating that since I took advantage of the family discount, and that is no longer in effect, they will just refund half of the amount. No more for future purchases was mentioned.
Now, by itself, this is still a fair offer. What upsets me is the saying one thing and doing another. Obviously, they made a mistake and pulled back since I already had a family discount. Well, come on, they just said the family discount no longer existed, but if they can pay out less money I guess it still comes into effect.
Ok, Ok I am being a little testy about it. They are giving me some money back and I appreciate that.
But when a company errs in a policy decision, it should always err on the side of the customer. And I told them that straight out.
Am I pissed? Not really, I have a quality pre/pro and thanks to one discount and a refund, I saved some money. But would have liked the option on future purchases.
It is not always whether you do the right thing or the wrong thing, but 'how' you do it that can leave a lasting impression.

[This message has been edited by DaleB (edited June 19, 2003).]

#46897 - 06/20/03 12:19 AM Re: Outlaw 950 now $799?
Alejate Offline
Gunslinger

DaleB, I have to agree with you. I am in management, my word is gold with clients. If I say I'm going to do something for a client, I do it, even if it is not always policy. The positive effects from keeping your word have incredible benefits, the consequences of not keeping it are devastating. Just think of all the AVS Outlaw haters that just read your post, this will definately add fuel to their fires. On the other hand, had Outlaw followed through with you, your post could have won over those who can't decide if they should invest in an Outlaw product. Like you, I still think the value of their product is great.

Page 12 of 14 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 125 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM