Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#46671 - 05/23/03 09:50 AM DC trigger questions
KenY Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
hello all,

i just got the 955/755 combo and its simply amazing! I do have a question about how the DC trigger works, is there anything special i need to get this to work? I used the cable that was included with the 950. But when turning on the 950 th 755 does not come on...any suggestions?

thanks!

#46672 - 05/23/03 09:51 AM Re: DC trigger questions
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Have you turned on both power switches on the 755 (switch in back and the green button in front)? To use the trigger, the front power button has to be left in the "on" position.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#46673 - 05/23/03 03:45 PM Re: DC trigger questions
Kiwi Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by KenY:
hello all,

i just got the 955/755 combo and its simply amazing! I do have a question about how the DC trigger works, is there anything special i need to get this to work? I used the cable that was included with the 950. But when turning on the 950 th 755 does not come on...any suggestions?

Gonk is correct. You must have the rear and front powers On. There are a few things you will notice here. The Green illuminated button will glow the same brightness whether triggered or not. Your speakers will give you a discernably slight thump when the amp is triggered, so you know its on. Outlaw told me there should be a slight difference in the illumination (on/off), but i don't see it even up close and personal with the lights off !!
Also, if you turn on your multi Zone with the 950 off, the main zone triggers on also, which will turn on your 755, but no sound will be produced, until you turn on the 950. This is also normal according to Outlaw. Obviously the triggers are not independant, which is a headscratcher ?

thanks!

#46674 - 05/23/03 03:55 PM Re: DC trigger questions
KenY Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
Gonk,

thanks i will look into that i can't rememeber if i tried that or not.

Kiwi,

are you saying that if i turn off multi zone the triggers will not work for the main or multi zone?

#46675 - 05/24/03 04:33 PM Re: DC trigger questions
Kiwi Offline
Gunslinger

No, both main and multi triggers are activated simultaneously, regardless of which zone you activate (main or multi).
So, if you have either Main or Multi activated, both triggers are on.
I wish this was not the case, but it has not been a problem as volume, source and mute are all independant.
I know this sounds confusing, but you'll understand the first time you use multizone.
A word of caution. If you have not already done it, check the volume within multi setup BEFORE you turn it on. My volume was maxed out from the factory (+10) and I didn't notice until after turning it on - Blew a circuit within the 950! I was lucky to have been using a receiver for amplification and the volume on it was very low. I shudder to think what may have resulted if it had been hooked to my Beast amp and routed to all six channels throughout mu house - could have blown the house off the foundation !
My replacement had the volume way down by default, as the Outlaw tech said it should be, but it is worth checking first.

#46676 - 05/26/03 09:08 AM Re: DC trigger questions
drhb Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: New City, NY USA
Kiwi, THANKS!!! Your clarification saved me the hassle of returning my unit. I thought that while the Multi was turned on, that the main dc trigger output would go on and off with putting the 950 power on and off. Obviously, contrary to the manual, this is not the case. As you noted, if the multi feature is turned on, then the main dc trigger output is always in an on state. Only if the multi feature is turned off, will the main dc out trigger go on and off as the 950 is turned on and off.

Thus, the main dc out is unusable in practical terms, as long as the multi feature is activated....bad design for this feature IMO.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 209 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts