Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#46452 - 05/03/03 08:24 AM Re: 6 channel direct
dian Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Wisconsin
Sorry for the typos, grrrrrrrrrrr. I swear, I did go to high school.

------------------
dian

#46453 - 05/03/03 06:39 PM Re: 6 channel direct
steves Offline
Desperado

Loc: Oregon
Quote:
The Outlaw 950 has to have been in a multichannel mode such as DD, PLII before you hit the 6-channel direct button. If the 950 is in stereo mode (last setting you used) when you hit the 6-c button, you won't get your multi-channel analog.

This has been brought up before, but I wonder if it is something that is only applicable to those who use a DVD/DVD-A player as their DVD, 2 channel and multichannel music source. I have a DVD (no DVD-A) mostly used for movies and a CD/SACD player for MC music. I can go from a selected 2 channel music source from either the DVD or the CD/SACD player and play multichannel music with no problems- I just select 6 channel bypass and it works as advertised. Maybe I missed something?

#46454 - 05/04/03 02:59 AM Re: 6 channel direct
Kevin C Brown Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
Steves- Are you sure? It's obviously supposed to work the way that yours does, but for most of us, we have to switch to a multichannel digital mode before switching to 6 ch bypass. How old is your unit? Have you done the DTS-ES LFE Eprom swap?

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!

#46455 - 05/04/03 11:43 AM Re: 6 channel direct
steves Offline
Desperado

Loc: Oregon
Hi Kevin-- I just checked it again- turned on the system- selected my wifes' tape player as a 2-channel source. I then went to DIRECT 6-CHANNEL BYPASS and played a MC SACD which worked normally. My 950 is from the first batch and is a "no-dot" version. Yes, I have done the eprom swap. Best wishes..

#46456 - 05/05/03 02:19 AM Re: 6 channel direct
Kevin C Brown Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
It would seem easy enough, but I haven't yet checked if with the new Eprom, this is fixed yet or not!

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!

#46457 - 05/05/03 05:59 PM Re: 6 channel direct
Bridge Guy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Charleston, WV
"How old is your unit? Have you done the DTS-ES LFE Eprom swap?"

I give up. DTS-ES, I can figure out, Eprom, no. Some sort of programmable ROM? I have a 950, circa Labor Day 2002, is there an update I've missed?

Consistently getting my950 to play SACD in 5.1 has been a headache. Showing off my "superior system" to visitors and spending 5-10 minutes every time getting it to play the surround as it did the last time, gets old after a while.

I KNOW the Roger Waters "Perfect Sense" has HAL speaking from various channels, but some of my friends are unconvinced. I will try the advice mentioned in this thread, thanks.

The Sony 999 SACD player is teriffic on cd's and SACD.

#46458 - 05/05/03 07:26 PM Re: 6 channel direct
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Consistently getting my 950 to play SACD in 5.1 has been a headache. Showing off my "superior system" to visitors and spending 5-10 minutes every time getting it to play the surround as it did the last time, gets old after a while.

It should be max 3 remote clicks. I hit my [CD] button, (where I have DVD player routed as source via analog inputs, when I set up the button.) I have the same DVD player routed as Optical input on the [DVD] source button for HT play.

Hit CD
Hit any multi-channel SS mode button.
Hit 6-channel Direct.

If you've got your [CD] source button set up as input digital. Then I'd set up [Aux] or some other source button to go player/ analog input for your SACD play.

And thats my slow version since I have not bothered to set up macros on my remotes universal or 950.

#46459 - 05/07/03 11:07 AM Re: 6 channel direct
bossobass Offline
Desperado

Loc: charlotte, nc usa
Quote:
Originally posted by steves:
Hi Kevin-- I just checked it again- turned on the system- selected my wifes' tape player as a 2-channel source. I then went to DIRECT 6-CHANNEL BYPASS and played a MC SACD which worked normally. My 950 is from the first batch and is a "no-dot" version. Yes, I have done the eprom swap. Best wishes..

same here. just hit 6 channel bypass (going from a CD in 2 channel bypass)...no sweat.

since i virtually never play CDs, i haven't paid much attention to the situation, so i tried it last night...same as steves... original batch, no dot, hiss @ 18", no LFE in DTS-ES (which works as i want it in my setup, so i'm not doing the fix).

please note that steves may have something in the dvd-a comment. kevin, maybe you can verify that, as you have a uni player.

DB...where's the beef??? been anxiously awaiting your 2900 thoughts!!

i'm a DTS fan (DTS-ES, DTS, DTS-CD), and avid SACD multi-channel fan. for these, my system sounds exceedingly good. it would take $10K in upgrades (i've auditioned many speakers, players and pre-pros) to realize a next-level improvement in sound quality, so i'm stayin' put. i've passed on the various version exchanges and fix cause i ain't gonna fix what ain't broke.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
1 registered (pdxkp), 87 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts