Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#46452 - 05/03/03 08:24 AM Re: 6 channel direct
dian Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Wisconsin
Sorry for the typos, grrrrrrrrrrr. I swear, I did go to high school.

------------------
dian

#46453 - 05/03/03 06:39 PM Re: 6 channel direct
steves Offline
Desperado

Loc: Oregon
Quote:
The Outlaw 950 has to have been in a multichannel mode such as DD, PLII before you hit the 6-channel direct button. If the 950 is in stereo mode (last setting you used) when you hit the 6-c button, you won't get your multi-channel analog.

This has been brought up before, but I wonder if it is something that is only applicable to those who use a DVD/DVD-A player as their DVD, 2 channel and multichannel music source. I have a DVD (no DVD-A) mostly used for movies and a CD/SACD player for MC music. I can go from a selected 2 channel music source from either the DVD or the CD/SACD player and play multichannel music with no problems- I just select 6 channel bypass and it works as advertised. Maybe I missed something?

#46454 - 05/04/03 02:59 AM Re: 6 channel direct
Kevin C Brown Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
Steves- Are you sure? It's obviously supposed to work the way that yours does, but for most of us, we have to switch to a multichannel digital mode before switching to 6 ch bypass. How old is your unit? Have you done the DTS-ES LFE Eprom swap?

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!

#46455 - 05/04/03 11:43 AM Re: 6 channel direct
steves Offline
Desperado

Loc: Oregon
Hi Kevin-- I just checked it again- turned on the system- selected my wifes' tape player as a 2-channel source. I then went to DIRECT 6-CHANNEL BYPASS and played a MC SACD which worked normally. My 950 is from the first batch and is a "no-dot" version. Yes, I have done the eprom swap. Best wishes..

#46456 - 05/05/03 02:19 AM Re: 6 channel direct
Kevin C Brown Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
It would seem easy enough, but I haven't yet checked if with the new Eprom, this is fixed yet or not!

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!

#46457 - 05/05/03 05:59 PM Re: 6 channel direct
Bridge Guy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Charleston, WV
"How old is your unit? Have you done the DTS-ES LFE Eprom swap?"

I give up. DTS-ES, I can figure out, Eprom, no. Some sort of programmable ROM? I have a 950, circa Labor Day 2002, is there an update I've missed?

Consistently getting my950 to play SACD in 5.1 has been a headache. Showing off my "superior system" to visitors and spending 5-10 minutes every time getting it to play the surround as it did the last time, gets old after a while.

I KNOW the Roger Waters "Perfect Sense" has HAL speaking from various channels, but some of my friends are unconvinced. I will try the advice mentioned in this thread, thanks.

The Sony 999 SACD player is teriffic on cd's and SACD.

#46458 - 05/05/03 07:26 PM Re: 6 channel direct
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Consistently getting my 950 to play SACD in 5.1 has been a headache. Showing off my "superior system" to visitors and spending 5-10 minutes every time getting it to play the surround as it did the last time, gets old after a while.

It should be max 3 remote clicks. I hit my [CD] button, (where I have DVD player routed as source via analog inputs, when I set up the button.) I have the same DVD player routed as Optical input on the [DVD] source button for HT play.

Hit CD
Hit any multi-channel SS mode button.
Hit 6-channel Direct.

If you've got your [CD] source button set up as input digital. Then I'd set up [Aux] or some other source button to go player/ analog input for your SACD play.

And thats my slow version since I have not bothered to set up macros on my remotes universal or 950.

#46459 - 05/07/03 11:07 AM Re: 6 channel direct
bossobass Offline
Desperado

Loc: charlotte, nc usa
Quote:
Originally posted by steves:
Hi Kevin-- I just checked it again- turned on the system- selected my wifes' tape player as a 2-channel source. I then went to DIRECT 6-CHANNEL BYPASS and played a MC SACD which worked normally. My 950 is from the first batch and is a "no-dot" version. Yes, I have done the eprom swap. Best wishes..

same here. just hit 6 channel bypass (going from a CD in 2 channel bypass)...no sweat.

since i virtually never play CDs, i haven't paid much attention to the situation, so i tried it last night...same as steves... original batch, no dot, hiss @ 18", no LFE in DTS-ES (which works as i want it in my setup, so i'm not doing the fix).

please note that steves may have something in the dvd-a comment. kevin, maybe you can verify that, as you have a uni player.

DB...where's the beef??? been anxiously awaiting your 2900 thoughts!!

i'm a DTS fan (DTS-ES, DTS, DTS-CD), and avid SACD multi-channel fan. for these, my system sounds exceedingly good. it would take $10K in upgrades (i've auditioned many speakers, players and pre-pros) to realize a next-level improvement in sound quality, so i'm stayin' put. i've passed on the various version exchanges and fix cause i ain't gonna fix what ain't broke.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 90 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM