Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic Options
#45717 - 04/02/03 12:35 PM Re: LFE ISSUE UPDATE
chris3g Offline
Gunslinger

That is absolutely the case. You must set the 950 to 6 or 7 speaker mode or else it will default to standard DTS. I'm sure you will find that you have the bug once you get everything configured properly.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kiwi:
Oh great, now i have to redo this !
Just kidding, I actually do flip the recombine switch on for movies that are radical, and off for everything else.
I need to retest anyway, as I'm thinking about something else I read about in one of the postings. Before I do retest though, what are your thoughts on this:
DTS-ES is a 6.1 enhanced surround format correct? Now,in my case, I have but 5.1 speakers and only these enabled in the 950. Am I correct in now assuming that even when I select the DTS-ES track within the discs menu, the 950 will only give me DTS ?
What makes me think this is that the 950 briefly displays DTS-ES when I select it, but then the display flips back to DTS. DTS-ES does not remain on the display as I believe it should. If this is actually happening, then my test result from yesterday is flawed !
I believe I must reset the 950 to 6.1 to fool it into thinking i have the extra surround and retest ??
And now I read about another wrench in the works, Center channel not redirecting bass frequencies - Man this all starting to sound like a Microsoft scenario: the-public-is-our-research-and-development-program philosophy!

#45718 - 04/03/03 03:49 PM Re: LFE ISSUE UPDATE
Kiwi Offline
Gunslinger

Thanks Chris, I set the 950 to 6.1 and you have now given me the bug!
No - thats wrong, you just showed me that I already had it!
Guess it would be unusual for me to be one of the few that don't have this fault.
Giant Kudos to Outlaw though for their attention to solving this, and their well documented amazing service after the purchase. This level of service and this forum are the reasons I went with Outlaw, and I could not be happier.
That is, other than the fact that all too often these days it appears that we consumers are buying products that are hardware/software based and are released without a complete test. Microsoft springs to mind at a great rate of speed. I know manufacturers sometimes have to replace a part along the way on the production line with one that is supposedly identical, but at that stage the product becomes an unproven entity.
Every item I bring home these days must be put through the wringer to see if it actually does all it is supposed to. A very high percentage fail !
Example, my Pioneer DV45A is awaiting replacement because when I finally purchased a couple of DVDA's, it would not play them!
Maybe this is the price we pay for not being able to afford the very best of everything !
Do people that can afford a garage full of Ferraris have these problems ?

Quote:
Originally posted by chris3g:
That is absolutely the case. You must set the 950 to 6 or 7 speaker mode or else it will default to standard DTS. I'm sure you will find that you have the bug once you get everything configured properly.

#45719 - 04/05/03 01:56 AM Re: LFE ISSUE UPDATE
bbarden Offline
Gunslinger

Has anyone received and installed, err had installed, the fixed eprom? We're there any other changes/fixes beside the LFE problem?

Quote:
Originally posted by Kiwi:
Thanks Chris, I set the 950 to 6.1 and you have now given me the bug!
No - thats wrong, you just showed me that I already had it!
Guess it would be unusual for me to be one of the few that don't have this fault.
Giant Kudos to Outlaw though for their attention to solving this, and their well documented amazing service after the purchase. This level of service and this forum are the reasons I went with Outlaw, and I could not be happier.
That is, other than the fact that all too often these days it appears that we consumers are buying products that are hardware/software based and are released without a complete test. Microsoft springs to mind at a great rate of speed. I know manufacturers sometimes have to replace a part along the way on the production line with one that is supposedly identical, but at that stage the product becomes an unproven entity.
Every item I bring home these days must be put through the wringer to see if it actually does all it is supposed to. A very high percentage fail !
Example, my Pioneer DV45A is awaiting replacement because when I finally purchased a couple of DVDA's, it would not play them!
Maybe this is the price we pay for not being able to afford the very best of everything !
Do people that can afford a garage full of Ferraris have these problems ?

#45720 - 04/05/03 06:05 PM Re: LFE ISSUE UPDATE
ryck Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: saratoga springs,ny,usa
Received the "No LFE on DTS-ES" fix today. Installed the chip and tested my system. The fix worked. I just want to thank Scott and THE OUTLAWS for the great customer service and a great product. Thanks again
Rick

#45721 - 04/05/03 06:33 PM Re: LFE ISSUE UPDATE
Xen Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Carlsbad, CA, USA
Anyone's unit NOT show this bug?

Well I have it :\

Only shows up when I set my Rear Surrounds to large NOT my Mains. But the LFE signal for sure cuts out.

[This message has been edited by Xen (edited April 06, 2003).]

#45722 - 04/20/03 01:56 PM Re: LFE ISSUE UPDATE
Mikehdtv Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Hi, how do you know for SURE if your 950 needs the upgrade? Ordered 3-17 and it shipped on the 18th. I assumed I was ok but filled out an upgrade form just in case. I figured since I had to include my serial number that if my unit did not need the upgrade I would not get the kit. But I did get it. So my question is... do I, or do I not, need the upgrade? I have not hooked up my unit, waiting for other components ,cables, etc.

Thanks,

Mike

#45723 - 04/20/03 03:27 PM Re: LFE ISSUE UPDATE
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
According to Scott's initial post, all orders placed after 3/14 include the new code, so yours is fine.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#45724 - 04/24/03 05:43 PM Re: LFE ISSUE UPDATE
Scott Offline
Desperado

Hello Mike,

You were sent the kit because you had requested it. Unfortunately, I forgot to confirm your need for the update. Any order shipped after the 14th of March contains the updated code.

Scott

#45725 - 04/25/03 05:35 PM Re: LFE ISSUE UPDATE
Mikehdtv Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Thanks Scott,

I will return the chip.

Mike

Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Who's Online
0 registered (), 177 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts