Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#45553 - 03/05/03 01:32 PM 950 break in suggestions
wmarkw Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Denver, CO
Hey everyone. A newbie here who is a day off from become a pround new owner of the 950/7100 combo. From various blue dot 950 reviews, I heard there is a longer than normal break in period. Do any of you have any suggestions on how to break this bad boy in? Is it as simple as playing a dvd on repeat for 48 hours or will simply turing it on and let it stay on for several days? Thanks for your help!!

#45554 - 03/05/03 02:26 PM Re: 950 break in suggestions
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
When I get a new component, I leave it "on" continously for a couple weeks, with maybe the FM radio playing softly. I don't do this to "break in" the component, but rather to sort out any electronic component that is likely to fail. Personally, I think the break-in thing is a non issue, but barring two of the same component, one broken in and one not to compare directly, the debate rages on.

------------------
The Soundhound Theater

#45555 - 03/05/03 03:17 PM Re: 950 break in suggestions
HT crazed Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Personally, I think the break-in thing is a non issue, but barring two of the same component, one broken in and one not to compare directly, the debate rages on.

But Soundhound, most of us due to the great customer service at outlaw have had the opportunity to compare broken in 950's with new units.

And getting the blue dot reconfirmed to me how bright and grating these things can be when first hooked up. But my blue dot sure is taking its sweet time to burn in...

#45556 - 03/05/03 03:53 PM Re: 950 break in suggestions
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
I sould have been more clear. I was referring to an A/B test where the comparison was instantaneous by the throw of a switch. I hear differences all the time between components, but the times I have actually put them side by side and done the switch on the fly, the differences disappear. For the record, I also felt my "blue dot" mellowed out with use.

------------------
The Soundhound Theater

Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users