Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#45379 - 03/03/03 04:44 PM WOOHOO
Unferth Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Homewood, AL, US
Well.. I just submitted my order for a 950 + 755 and two 200's...

I chose DHL so maybe I'll have them by Wednesday

#45380 - 03/03/03 05:27 PM Re: WOOHOO
SpOoNmAn Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Independence, Ohio, USA!!
Kick ass man! I got my 200's last Friday and they kick some serious ass! I bet you won't be able to sleep until you get the new toys, LOL.

Looks like we are doing the same thing...I assume youll use the pair of 200's to run your mains like I am. Meaning you wont need the 755 on all the time.

My friend is buying my Elite receiver off me supposedly this time next week! As soon as he does, the 950/755 combo is mine

Get back to us when it arrives and tell us how you like it!

------------------
Play it LoUd!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/spoonmandts

#45381 - 03/03/03 06:46 PM Re: WOOHOO
bossobass Offline
Desperado

Loc: charlotte, nc usa
congrats! you won't be sorry. let us know how it all works out.

#45382 - 03/05/03 10:35 AM Re: WOOHOO
Unferth Offline
Gunslinger

THEY'RE HERE!

The 950 looks a whole lot better in person than it does from the pictures online.. and the packing around the 755 was impressive...

now if I just didn't have to do this work thing.....

#45383 - 03/05/03 12:30 PM Re: WOOHOO
SpOoNmAn Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Independence, Ohio, USA!!
Take a day or 2 off..it's for a good cause!

------------------
Play it LoUd!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/spoonmandts

#45384 - 03/05/03 01:48 PM Re: WOOHOO
Unferth Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by SpOoNmAn:
Take a day or 2 off..it's for a good cause!

The problem is that I work from home.. and I've got a lot of stuff to do.. so I'm spending an hour in the office, then an hour running around in the living room

and for your other post about the use of the 200's.. yeah each one is going behiend a maggie.. I've made some little stand things out of some pluming flanges (saw a guy use them for a candle holder on trading spaces)... I think it'll look pretty cool.. I don't know what's going to happen when my wife sees it though

#45385 - 03/06/03 02:19 PM Re: WOOHOO
sjvalin Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Nevada City, CA US
Cool. Which maggies do you have? I'm thinking of a similar setup to yours using 1.6QR's for the L/R, the new center (due to ship any day now), and either MMG's or MGMC1's for the rear. The MMG's are cheaper and have better specs. I may try them, since I get a year to trade up on them. I'd love to hear you your maggies sound with the outlaw amp.

#45386 - 03/06/03 02:20 PM Re: WOOHOO
sjvalin Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

fumble fingers strike again! I meant "I'd love to hear your opinion on how the maggies sound with the outlaw amp!"

#45387 - 03/06/03 02:26 PM Re: WOOHOO
Unferth Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by sjvalin:
Cool. Which maggies do you have? I'm thinking of a similar setup to yours using 1.6QR's for the L/R, the new center (due to ship any day now), and either MMG's or MGMC1's for the rear. The MMG's are cheaper and have better specs. I may try them, since I get a year to trade up on them. I'd love to hear you your maggies sound with the outlaw amp.

I've actually got 1.0's... I've had to replace the tweeter wire on the right speaker, but other than that they're great

the 200's sound really good with them.. I haven't listened to much music yet, but they sound a whole lot better than they did with my old receiver...

Eventually I think I'd like to get a pair of 3.6's...

I guess the center you're talking about is the mgmc1? I think the center is the next speaker I'd like to upgrade in my setup and now that I've got the 950 with the crossover I'm not afraid to put the magnepan center up there... my current center is an Infinity CC-3 I got the best center speaker available from Circut city and that was it.. (this was before I knew about more specialized stereo stores)

#45388 - 03/07/03 10:56 AM Re: WOOHOO
sjvalin Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

The MGMC1 is the current center, which has a problem with audio below 160hz. Magnepan are coming out with a brand new center that has a much lower extension.

I haven't auditioned the 3.6's because I don't want to know how much better they are over the 1.6's! I can't afford them. Thanks for your reply!

#45389 - 08/23/03 09:51 AM Re: WOOHOO
dmorphy Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Snellville, GA USA
sjvalin, did you get your new Maggie center? I think it is the MGCC3. If so, I'm curious how you like it and whether it was worth $1K.

I'm in the market for a new center also but am having to do a lot of other amp upgrades to accommodate the inefficiency of my Maggies (I currently use the MMGs front with Infinity center and a Nakamichi AV-10 100Wx5). I'm thinking about adding 2 200s for the left and right IF my AV-10 will power the new Maggie center adequately. Otherwise, I've got to make a decision on going the full 5 M200 route or just saving a few bucks for now and get only 3 M200s. Ultimately, I plan to replace my rears with the MGMC1s so will probably need the power amps for all channels.

#45390 - 08/23/03 11:06 AM Re: WOOHOO
baristaman Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Tacoma, WA USA
(quote)..
I've made some little stand things out of some pluming flanges (saw a guy use them for a candle holder on trading spaces)...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that saw that and liked the idea.
I built an entire staging system out of gas pipe and flanges to hold my speakers around and slightly in front of my 56" WS, and then built a frame in front of the whole thing.
All you see is the screen and the speakers floating in air. The gas pipes are very sturdy and don't cause any rattles. I also used it to hang my surrounds from the ceiling AND to make a foot rail in front of my theater seats!!
Very versatile stuff!
Trace

[This message has been edited by baristaman (edited August 23, 2003).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 117 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts