Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#45389 - 08/23/03 09:51 AM Re: WOOHOO
dmorphy Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Snellville, GA USA
sjvalin, did you get your new Maggie center? I think it is the MGCC3. If so, I'm curious how you like it and whether it was worth $1K.

I'm in the market for a new center also but am having to do a lot of other amp upgrades to accommodate the inefficiency of my Maggies (I currently use the MMGs front with Infinity center and a Nakamichi AV-10 100Wx5). I'm thinking about adding 2 200s for the left and right IF my AV-10 will power the new Maggie center adequately. Otherwise, I've got to make a decision on going the full 5 M200 route or just saving a few bucks for now and get only 3 M200s. Ultimately, I plan to replace my rears with the MGMC1s so will probably need the power amps for all channels.

#45390 - 08/23/03 11:06 AM Re: WOOHOO
baristaman Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Tacoma, WA USA
(quote)..
I've made some little stand things out of some pluming flanges (saw a guy use them for a candle holder on trading spaces)...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that saw that and liked the idea.
I built an entire staging system out of gas pipe and flanges to hold my speakers around and slightly in front of my 56" WS, and then built a frame in front of the whole thing.
All you see is the screen and the speakers floating in air. The gas pipes are very sturdy and don't cause any rattles. I also used it to hang my surrounds from the ceiling AND to make a foot rail in front of my theater seats!!
Very versatile stuff!
Trace

[This message has been edited by baristaman (edited August 23, 2003).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 96 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM