Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#45300 - 02/24/03 08:55 AM Using a Palm as a remote controller
beetle63 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Talbott, TN
I have a wild idea. I want to use a Palm handheld to control my 950 so I can customize the buttons and the layout. I downloaded two brands of IR software, OmniPro and Remocon, from the internet. Both versions of the software will work with my TV, DVD, and VCR, but they just won't the 950. I accidentally got the volume control to work one time, but a single button push increased the volume by 20dB increments. Can anybody shed some light on what's going on?

#45301 - 02/24/03 07:06 PM Re: Using a Palm as a remote controller
stevevt Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by beetle63:
I have a wild idea. I want to use a Palm handheld to control my 950 so I can customize the buttons and the layout. I downloaded two brands of IR software, OmniPro and Remocon, from the internet. Both versions of the software will work with my TV, DVD, and VCR, but they just won't the 950. I accidentally got the volume control to work one time, but a single button push increased the volume by 20dB increments. Can anybody shed some light on what's going on?

If you have fluorescent lights on in the room, turn those off. And make sure there's a lot of light in the room in general. No reason you shouldln't be able to grab the volume command.

Short of that, I've had luck learning a stubborn code with one learning remote and using that to send it to another.

Good luck.

#45302 - 02/26/03 02:47 PM Re: Using a Palm as a remote controller
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
I've found that the 950's IR eye does not seem to be as sensitive as it should. While the 950's remote controls anything in my room easily, it often requires two or three presses to get the 950 to do anything in certain light conditions.

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

#45303 - 03/07/03 10:58 PM Re: Using a Palm as a remote controller
beetle63 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Talbott, TN
Stevevt,

Your suggestion worked. Although it's strange, I could teach the Outlaw codes to my old Harman Kardon remote, then have the HK teach the Palm. Now everything works. Never could get the Outlaw to teach the Palm directly.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 95 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts