Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#44861 - 01/29/03 01:59 PM Re: Soundhound, care to comment?
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
Quote:
Originally posted by Smart Little Lena:

What a 'nail on the head' observation!

Lena:

That was actually the edited version. I had originally said:

After all, in the two channel days, there wasn't a huge cry of agony that the bass was somehow insuffient with the speakers available at the time. I think a lot of the problem now is that the WAF would be prohibitive to 5 big speakers in the living room. I say dump the wife and keep the speakers!

Still "nail on the head"? - maybe you'll want to drive nails through my head now!

[This message has been edited by soundhound (edited January 29, 2003).]

#44862 - 01/29/03 02:20 PM Re: Soundhound, care to comment?
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
I won’t get out my little hammer yet. Because technically (I’m a traitor) and have gone over to the enemy .

I was commenting that if I don’t find a brand which I like better (rare chances to demo anything), I’d like to shoehorn possibly some Bach’s in to replace my surrounds now that I have the Beethoven’s, in the next yr. or so.. My husband looked at me and said….’You are all out of control…I really don’t think we can fit them in here’ and whatever happened to that woman who told me “you are not putting ‘boxes’ on the floor in this room” when I was looking at speakers a few year ago and you wanted me to look at those discreet little cubes!

Talk about role-reversal I think there are truly some days he regrets telling me he'd like a subwoofer.

PS: I have to read the article again and look up the specific version of SM to purchase so I might hear your handiwork.
Do I throw the dart at the white shirt (I believe 2nd page right hand pic?) Thanks for the post. (I never know on L to R do they go back row first then foreground or literaly straight across).

[This message has been edited by Smart Little Lena (edited January 29, 2003).]

#44863 - 01/29/03 02:27 PM Re: Soundhound, care to comment?
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
The world needs more women like you!

yep, the white shirt, trying to look like I know what I'm doing. I'm also in the left hand picture, looking like I'm discussing something important (I think I was actually talking about lunch)

The Superman is the one which has all the sound effects re-done. It came about the time of the article.

BTW: The 5.0 pieces of the score that are part of the bonus material are just a small part of the over 2 hours of the score I have. I lobbied to include the entire score in 5.0, uncut, but they would have had to make the release a 2 DVD set. That's a shame, since the entire score really is great, and the recording is demo quality (especially in it's 24 bit master state).

I also did similar restorations to the re-release of "The Exorcist-the version you've never seen" and "Grease".

[This message has been edited by soundhound (edited January 29, 2003).]

#44864 - 01/29/03 03:04 PM Re: Soundhound, care to comment?
tofufot Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Ann Arbor
Hey Lena.
You have any sisters?

------------------
Home theater: the hobby the whole family can enjoy - whether they want to or not

#44865 - 01/29/03 04:13 PM Re: Soundhound, care to comment?
Desperado

Superman is the one which has all the sound effects re-done. It came about the time of the article.

Will seriously look for it, - so round 2001, - and watch for some special edition sound/remastering bonus 5.0 comment on the jacket.

Re: Sister: One married a Senator. One is married to her job, Buyer for a major department store chain (and single) buts she’s opinionated and hardheaded (sound familiar). She WILL NOT watch ANY movie that is sci-fi or Fantasy oriented and although she enjoys seeing a movie on my 60” she finds it “weird” that I have picked this up as a hobby/passion. And I can remember her once incensed at me in a store when I was trying to figure out what ‘progressive’ was (years ago before I even started with my current fling) on a DVD player (brand new option for players), and kept telling me…”Who cares’ just buy one…they are all the same.” Don’t think she would fit the bill. (She purchased Sony HTIB) My brother even asked me an HD related question Super Bowl Sunday, - then went “STOP, ..your way over my head, I'll just call you when I'm ready to buy."
Sniff sniff, I just don’t ‘fit in’ anymore. I guess you can call me the ‘black sheep’. Baaaaaah!

#44866 - 01/29/03 10:04 PM Re: Soundhound, care to comment?
tofufot Offline
Gunslinger

SLL (are you a fan of the horsies ?): Drat. I guess I'll be keeping my current frau. Upgraditis has to stop somewhere

SH: Many thanks for your insider's insights. Very informative and entertaining, not necessarily in that order.

#44867 - 01/30/03 12:24 AM Re: Soundhound, care to comment?
Desperado

SLL (are you a fan of the horsiesYou guesed it!… pretty silly huh, but semed like a good idea at 2am on a first register when I stared at that blank user name spot.

I co-own 4 horses (spring, - 5 if all goes well-in fact the foal expected now is bred from a full brother of High Brow H (2nd stud on that link) that unfortunately I never get to see lately. SLL is famous in this neighborhood and we have his bloodlines at the place. I have got to get my free web space figured out to post some pics of some of the foals They are Qtr Horses bred to be trained for cutting and about 2 hrs drive from me.

I took a poll here to see if I should change it...(the smart part ...just did not fit
but I think the consensus was....they already knew that name to go "Oh no its HER again.

[This message has been edited by Smart Little Lena (edited January 30, 2003).]

#44868 - 01/30/03 02:50 AM Re: Soundhound, care to comment?
bossobass Offline
Desperado

Loc: charlotte, nc usa
BTW... don't let him kid you guys...

soundhound is superman.

SH: i gave that article a read aways back when you first mentioned you worked on the movie soundtrack...VERY COOL!

...or is it clark kent?

#44869 - 01/31/03 02:37 AM Re: Soundhound, care to comment?
fmcorps Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fargo, ND, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Smart Little Lena:
[B]Superman is the one which has all the sound effects re-done. It came about the time of the article.

Will seriously look for it, - so round 2001, - and watch for some special edition sound/remastering bonus 5.0 comment on the jacket.

Hey Lena,

Found a copy of it at my local wal-mart for about $13-$14. I think it's the right one, hound is listed in the credits as the Music Editor for the restoration.

Hound...very nice job. I'm just flabergasted that I had your work in my collection and have your sort of wisdom online at my disposal. (Didn't know you did work on The Exorcist..which is also a "hat's off to you" job).

#44870 - 01/31/03 08:49 AM Re: Soundhound, care to comment?
tofufot Offline
Gunslinger

SH: Kudos for Superman (I've never seen a picture of him and you together. Hmmmmm) and Exorcist, which I already had in my collection. I will draw the line at Rollerball 2002, however.

SLL: Giddyap, and keep those amusing posts a coming.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 141 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts