Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#44655 - 01/23/03 09:26 AM Re: Sound Drop out during DD
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I'm not real familiar with the Sony player problems jkenvin has pointed out (have more experience with Panasonic and Toshiba players -- I know plenty about all the grief surrounding Panasonic's A110/A310 players...), but one thing occurs to me. If the player in question is one of these problem Sonys, did you re-arrange anything in the equipment rack when you installed the 950? If the player is in an environment with a higher ambient temperature and there's a part that has a reputation for overheating, that extra heat could push it to the overheating point even though it didn't exhibit the behavior previously. It is possible that the overheating causes the player to malfunction briefly, resulting in the audio signal disappearing momentarily (or perhaps dipping too far for the 950 to keep its lock) and the 950 being forced to re-acquire the signal. It's just a thought -- maybe move the player to a more ventilated location and try to reproduce the problem?

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#44656 - 01/23/03 12:38 PM Re: Sound Drop out during DD
DennisG Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Richmond, VA
I am using the same coax I used with my receiver.

I did not rearrange my equipment at all. The 950 simply replace my receiver (which I was using as a pre).

I will mess around with it some more this weekend. I would love to have a reason to get a new player (universal player that is). I think my better half would kill me.

#44657 - 01/23/03 04:30 PM Re: Sound Drop out during DD
Kevin C Brown Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
DG- I moved to a uni-player, also because my previous DVD player was dying. It happens ...

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!

#44658 - 02/16/03 01:25 PM Re: Sound Drop out during DD
EEBuckeye Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I'm seeing this exact same thing and it is very annoying! I had it happen MANY times when I viewed a DVD last night and now it is happening when I'm watching a Digital signal with Digital Cable so I know it is not my DVD player. This never happenend with my old receiver and same cables, so I have no clue. guess it is time to call tech support... :-(

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 120 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts