Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 9 of 17 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17 >
Topic Options
#44521 - 01/22/03 11:15 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
dmeister Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Overland Park, Kansas
Quote:
Originally posted by soundhound:
Soundhound sez "All HT equipment should look like this"

That thing makes "ugly" look good. Heck, it could even make the 950 look good.

#44522 - 02/04/03 08:04 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
Kiwi Offline
Gunslinger

Having hooked up a 950 (made in Malaysia), an ICBM (made in Taiwan) and a 775 (made in USA) the most glaringly obvious standout is that none of them cosmetically match !
I could even handle the ugly green button if they all had the same one!
The green bezels on the 950 & ICBM are different and all the faces are different shades of black.
One wonders if an attempt was even made to match these bad boys !

Having said this, I am an audiophile on a budget and appearance is definitely secondary to function. I cannot argue with the performance of the Oulaw gear, but 10 years ago I bought four of the white front Adcom units because Adcom met my price range to performance ratio, AND the white option looks way cool ! the dual red bezels line up, are the same color and brightness, and look very hip to boot.
I just moved the Adcom stuff out to make way for Outlaws gear and I do miss the look !

(They charged $100 extra per piece for white - but many paid it - Food for thought Outlaw) at least I think it was $100 !

[This message has been edited by Kiwi (edited February 04, 2003).]

#44523 - 03/14/03 06:06 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
eskendir Offline
Gunslinger

See how much buzz the Halo line is getting! all over the home theater forums? I am sure at least the Outlaw 770 if not the 950 will perform nearly as good as the Halo line amps, especially in HT application,IMHO. I am waiting for the day the Outlaw products will be available in silver!!!!!!!!
Can u imagine an Outlaw in cool sexy crazy silver finish with blue LED? Hello Outlaw, Big Daddy r u listining? Hello, hello..... any date set for these beautiful optional finishes? Or is it just a wishful thinking? Hello, Outlaw, Big Daddy?????

#44524 - 03/14/03 07:15 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
grundrc Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Montgomery, TX
As it's generally the squeaky wheel that gets the grease, I thought I'd weigh in here. For about a third to 50% more you can get similar equipment that pretty much meets most of the comments here's beautification standards. For the price point and quality compared to competition, this stuff looks great to me.

#44525 - 03/15/03 12:17 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
eskendir Offline
Gunslinger

Some of you seem to miss the point. This thread is NOT ABOUT THE PERFORMANCE of the Outlaw products. Just about the look. We all know how good they are at their price point. We are just saying it is possible to have a nice look along with the top notch performance.

#44526 - 03/15/03 02:33 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
SpOoNmAn Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Independence, Ohio, USA!!
I agree eskendir. A little cosmetic touches, and you now have a whole new beast.

Wether or not people want to admit it, some people shy away from Outlaw because the gear just won't catch as many as eyes as would a peice that looks a little flashier.

I myself went thru this dilemna, and right now, some of my friends are doing just that. One is considering Rotel, not for just it's quality, but because it looks a lot better on a rack.

Noone can deny that a sharper looking product wouldnt sell better. Great looks WITH Outlaws legendary performance? There'd be no competition

------------------
Play it LoUd!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/spoonmandts

#44527 - 03/15/03 03:08 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
charlie Offline
Desperado

One guy who bought three Outlaw components was complaing because they don't even match - that is a VERY valid issue IMO.

#44528 - 03/15/03 03:10 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
Alex Prosak Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Eagle River, AK
I agree that their looks aren't the greatest. However, I bit the bullent and recently ordered a 950/7100 combo for the performance and value I knew I would be getting.

In person, I think the components look A LOT better than in any of the photos I've seen on the web or in magazines. Their looks still aren't world beating but I'm happy with them.

#44529 - 03/15/03 03:22 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
eskendir Offline
Gunslinger

SpOoNmAn , that is exactly my point. Thanks

#44530 - 03/15/03 03:37 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
SpOoNmAn Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Independence, Ohio, USA!!
Allow me to take this topic a little further....

I do agree that the components, in person, look 100 times better then in any photo. I unwrapped my 200's and was impressed. I like the look of the Outlaw gear, its a rugged, no nonsense look. And while I would like flashier gear, it does appeal to me

Ive always had Pioneer Elite so I guess I'm to blame. Another point I'd like to make...

I believe that Outlaw is catering to a different kind of audiophile. The kind that does their homework on equipment and such. And they rely on that person being content with Outlaws performance, and swaying them with that alone.

So in the end, this tactic (if its what they did) has worked time and time again. I sit here, telling you all that I would love flashier gear, but will I stop buying Outlaw? Hell No

I hate to mention this, but how about offering 2 versions of the same unit? The current look, and a more appealing one? For an obvious price difference ofcourse. I know which one I'd snatch up Sorry for the rant.

------------------
Play it LoUd!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/spoonmandts

Page 9 of 17 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 117 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts