Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 16 17 >
Topic Options
#44451 - 01/16/03 03:42 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
charlie Offline
Desperado

When I said I like the logo I was referring to the *new* logo. Didn't really like the old one and yes, I'd consider the AT if it doesn't cost too much more. Not because I'm judging the performance by the wrapper, just because the wrapper is part of the product, and I have to look at it every day.

Too bad the AT looks like it has the same or similar cheap molded knob.

[This message has been edited by charlie (edited January 16, 2003).]

#44452 - 01/16/03 05:36 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
m-mmeyer Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Chanhassen, MN, USA
SH your function over form theory works for me to! But the question I have is does the ugly volume knob work? On most of the 1050s they didn't work worth squat, as a matter of fact mine doesn't work well at all and am thinking of remedying the situation.

------------------
m-mmeyer
GO TWINS
My DVD's
"Pain heals, Chicks dig scars and glory is forever"
From the mouth of Keanu Reeves one the great pundits of our time! smile

#44453 - 01/16/03 05:56 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
DOBEMAN Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Lake Michigan Shoreline, MI
I think the New look logo they have on the 200 looks pretty good. They should release it on the New 950's. The green button has got to go, everyone who had said they think it looks cool, has got to be kidding. The fit and finish of the 950 is really pretty good but they should think of how the 950 is preceived buy a potential buyer. The face plate looks like a 500 dollar piece of gear at best, but sounds like a piece of gear two or three times its value. Just dress it up a little, use something like the Pioneer Elite or Sony gloss black. I dont want to be a 950 beauty basher, but if your spending money already to finish a product, and there isnt any additional cost to finish it why not do it. So here we go, replace the green power button with black. Replace the volume dial with something fitting a piece of higher end gear. Get rid of the industrial finish and go to something with a gloss black or smooth look semi satin finish. The new silk screen is a must. Well I guess I turned out to be a beauty basher after all, sorry Outlaw. Now that I have hit you square in your face plate, I cant say enough about what a great sounding piece of gear the 950 Blue dot is.

#44454 - 01/16/03 06:01 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Interesting to see this topic reappear. Prior to the logo change (see the new font at the top left corner of this browser window, and on the face of the new Model 200's), there was a heated debate about the logo. Even with that somewhat whimsical logo, there were a large number (probably majority) of posters in this forum who liked the logo or didn't care either way. I can't speak for the membership of other forums, but historically most of us have not hated it, without or without a passion. With the revised logo, I think they addressed the major complaints presented in that thread. I would like to see future production runs of the existing product line (950, 770, 755, ICBM, 1050) use the new logo, but I suspect that's already in Outlaw's plans. (My office is in the midst of a name change, so I feel for them on the endless hassles involved on a logo change -- it's almost impossible to implement instantly.) A metal plate (maybe a simple casting) in place of the silkscreen might be nice, but I understand why they haven't done anything like that to date. Personally, I like the logo (new more than old, but I never had a problem with the old one) and the green power button, for what it's worth...

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#44455 - 01/16/03 06:02 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
eskendir Offline
Gunslinger

Dobeman:
I couldn't agree with you more. Great comment.

#44456 - 01/16/03 06:30 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
charlie Offline
Desperado

A metal plate generally looks like some very low production cheesy thing to me. Silkscreen is OK, if you need something better etch or engrave or something. The green button is a non-issue.

My recipe:

- Fix the switchgear, especially the volume knob.
- Consider a nicer finish.
- Use the new logo.

#44457 - 01/16/03 06:55 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
alfredo mora Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Corona CA
Those who can not stand the Outlaw logo can get the Sherbourne or the Atlantic Technology.

#44458 - 01/16/03 07:27 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
charlie Offline
Desperado

Or anything else for that matter. I don't see that clones are the only option.

#44459 - 01/16/03 07:42 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
If we are polling, and being female (who usually rate ‘looks’ high) I guess I’d have to say I’ve accomplished a 190. At first glancing at the Outlaw I was disappointed it did not have what I considered the elegant quietly unassuming good looks of my old receiver. Which was brushed Aluminum. (which some people hate).

Then as every piece was replaced in the last 12 months, I ended up with ‘all black’ faceplates…on everything……luck of the draw. When our infamous AV cabinet was completed and everything slid in. Everyone commented on the ‘look’ of the setup, how it looked imposing (but took a backseat) to the display which sits just above. The all black ‘wall’ (3 and 3) was a nice look, which did not distract from the screen. Then I went and purchased a new HD STB, faceplate silver. Screwed the whole theme up and even the teenagers commented…. Why’d you get silver? (Only comes in). Well so happens this unit was returned and I’m back to midnight across the board. . But it made me realize that unlike shoe and dress matching  . There’s no telling ‘what’ color/material I’ll end up with down the road, since I can only buy for performance (not theme) it will just have to be…’luck of the draw’.

I’m used to ‘Car’ guys who will shoot you if you lean on their paint and ‘Aviators’ who shoot you if you walk down a wing wrong. But I never realized ‘AV’ guys ‘CARED’ so much about aesthetics’.

I was admiring the sheer good looks and poetry of line in a ‘Total Control’ Steering rack mechanism the other day. It almost looked like modern art rather than a front end part, so it is nice when the ‘outer’ satisfies (…. a perk on top of a buy for ‘function’).
Would not bother me if they changed it, but does not bother me a bit, - if they don’t…in fact….
“I’ve grown accustomed to your face”.

Now if they can do something to give it the kind of distinctive good looks of most Ferrari’s or a Shelby Series One - Vs say any Sedan……I might sit up and take notice. They just don’t have that much sheet metal surface area to play with in AV.

Hey do you think we could change the 'horse' to the Ferrari stallion!

#44460 - 01/16/03 08:26 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
Quote:
Originally posted by m-mmeyer:
SH your function over form theory works for me to! But the question I have is does the ugly volume knob work? On most of the 1050s they didn't work worth squat, as a matter of fact mine doesn't work well at all and am thinking of remedying the situation.

I'm confused - work? Isn't it supposed to turn, and in doing so, raise and lower the volume? Besides, my hand is covering it when I'm using it anyway, so I can't see it

Peter Tribeman is probably quakeing in his boots, knowing the fashion possie is a 'gunnin fer him.....

[This message has been edited by soundhound (edited January 16, 2003).]

Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 16 17 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 151 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Helson 1
patm1198 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts