Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 12 of 17 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17 >
Topic Options
#44551 - 03/27/03 12:35 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Eskendir, If I know Outlaw they will respond (they do watch) although the wheels of production grind agonizingly slow. Maybe your suggestion of two finish choices or something more in line with the majority popularly rated ‘type’ look. (Although I would hate to have to figure out what that is). At Outlaw your never just spitting in the wind. From my prior contacts with them I think they are always listening and pondering.
Good luck!

#44552 - 03/27/03 01:06 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
eskendir Offline
Gunslinger

Smart Little Lena,

Thank you, I do hope that Outlaw is watching!

#44553 - 03/27/03 01:52 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
Unferth Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Homewood, AL, US
....something simple that may help overall appearance would be a flatter volume knob.. maybe something similar to the way the Sunfire has a dial....

#44554 - 03/27/03 03:38 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
alfredo mora Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Corona CA
A silver finish option would be nice.

#44555 - 03/27/03 05:41 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
minuteman Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by grundrc:
In that case, not withstanding sound and performance, the equipment looks great to me, green buttons and all.

I agree. Plus I really don't know how anyone can say the AT faceplate looks better. Nonsense. This business about the Outlaw aesthetics is a little nuts.

[This message has been edited by minuteman (edited March 27, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by minuteman (edited March 28, 2003).]

#44556 - 03/28/03 12:34 AM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
Kevin C Brown Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
Gots to remember: there are as many opinions about this as, well, ... owners of 950s!

I for one, would like an improved, higher "class" look. But it obviously didn't stop me from buying one...

Heck, all I think it would take is a black power button, the new Outlaw logo (hee, hee), and a black *metal* volume knob. The gray "gun-metal" finish is OK by me.

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!

#44557 - 03/28/03 07:53 AM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
eskendir Offline
Gunslinger

I second that Kevin. At the very least, Outlaw should change that green power button and of course the logo.

[This message has been edited by eskendir (edited March 28, 2003).]

#44558 - 03/28/03 11:57 AM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
charlie Offline
Desperado

I can even handle the green button - the other stuff I'm with Kevin.

#44559 - 03/31/03 03:30 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
TANGO Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Jenison, MI, United States
Quote:
Originally posted by Smart Little Lena:
“orange with pink highlights” Eek! two of my detested colors! On that my can of Krylon would come out!

“and was aware of the looks criticisms before buying” My eyes asked your eyes and agree. I was very worried about this one before receiving shipment, and much preferred more machined silver finishes.
As I posted once before (luck of the draw) I ended up with black faceplates across the board at the current time. Which I have grown to love, and was very displeased to only be able to purchase a ‘silver’ STB, which screwed up the whole effect. (it went back for now….decorating issue solved).

Currently my ‘rig’ spread on 6 racks (3 and 3) impresses and amazes the lay ears/eyes that come by ceaselessly. (and these lay people are always asking……”How, much did you spend on that!”) So I’d say the Outlaw is a perfect, as we say here, 10 footer). And it takes a back seat (as it should in my book) to the display which is stationed just above.

I stamped my foot on the volume knob here, and worried without (admitting it) about the looks. I was afraid if I brought up looks among audiophiles they’d tell me to go paint my nails or something!
I’m playing with these comments really, - because I know how much you (we all) admire machining, bulk, heft, design, weight, substance, shape, form, and quality.

For me it just became a non-issue in its physical reality once in the room.
Would be happy if Outlaw charges more to source higher-end cosmetics (for those it offends and to please a larger consumer base). If it helps to share the joy, I'm for it.

It was just better in person than I expected - For me, - the ears have it. (Tango is there room in therapy for one more?)

#44560 - 03/31/03 03:34 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
TANGO Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Jenison, MI, United States
Lena, there is ALWAYS room for more in therapy.

------------------

Page 12 of 17 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 90 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM