Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17 >
Topic Options
#44441 - 01/16/03 12:59 PM I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
eskendir Offline
Gunslinger

I am starting this thread in hopes that if a great number of us post our feeling about the outlaw logo and look(most of us hate it with passion) maybe we will convince the people at Outlaw to change that ugly logo as well as the look of all their products. I for one will galdly pay more for a classy look /finish.

#44442 - 01/16/03 01:33 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
I don't think it looks all that bad, especially with the new font. NAD products look similar, which is not surprising since the head Outlaw came from there, I believe. I do wonder though why they bothered to use an aluminum faceplace on the 950 and then go to what seems a lot of trouble to make it look like it's made of plastic.

Personally, I wouldn't pay more for more flashy looks - the beauty comes from within

[This message has been edited by soundhound (edited January 16, 2003).]

#44443 - 01/16/03 01:46 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
eskendir Offline
Gunslinger

I have started a thread with the same topic at avsforum.com and I must say, Soundhound you are the first one to say you don't mind the look. Check out what others have to say at http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=212363&highlight=outlaw

[This message has been edited by eskendir (edited January 16, 2003).]

#44444 - 01/16/03 01:52 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
alfredo mora Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Corona CA
The logo is just part of what makes Outlaw so unique. One NO vote here. And keep the green too.

#44445 - 01/16/03 02:04 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
soundhound Offline
Desperado

eskendir:

Well, regardless of what other's may think on another forum, I buy equipment for what it _does_, not what it looks like. Frankly, they could have packaged the 950 in a grey 'bud box', and it wouldn't matter to me (much-- ) When the 950 had a hiss issue, that was important, and I was one of the first to call them for it. They fixed it more effectively than anybody had hoped. Things like cosmetics don't compare to real operational issues.

I realize that looks are very important to some people, (hell, I have a motorcycle that's got more chrome than a 1959 Cadillac) but with electronic equipment, looks for me are secondary. Look at some of the recent pro-audio equipment! The "ugly" retro-big-nasty-black-knob-wrinkle-paint-finish stuff is selling like mad.

#44446 - 01/16/03 02:19 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
eskendir Offline
Gunslinger

soundhound:
My wife doesn't care how an equipment performs if it looks ugly. I have a hard time bringing home products like Outlaw's. I always have to balance looks and performance when I purchase audio/video products. Even though all Outlaw products are very good performers their look is down right ugly. When one can have both good looks and performance, why settle for less?

#44447 - 01/16/03 02:29 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
willscary Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: New London, WI, USA
mine sits in an entertainment system behind smoked glass so I can barely see it with the lights on. We generally watch movies with the lights dimmed. I could care less how it looks, but I do actually LIKE the simple look. reminds me, as SH said, of the old classic NAD stuff. I own several pieces of that (old NAD) also.

Hell, if they don't like the looks, for the $600 difference you could build a small closet to hold everything but the DVD player and VCR, and add an IR repeater. Then everything is completely out of site, including wires, and the wife would be ecstatic!

#44448 - 01/16/03 02:38 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Originally posted by eskendir:
soundhound:
My wife doesn't care how an equipment performs if it looks ugly.

Maybe she's an interior decorator at heart (or literally), so looks are very important. Great, I say. Truth be told, I think the looks of Bose equipment is pretty spiffy .....B...U....T.....!!

I have much bigger fish to fry. Besides, you can always take the faceplate off and have it titanium plated, airbrushed or whatever, put your own graphics on, and really make a fashion statement.

#44449 - 01/16/03 02:54 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
charlie Offline
Desperado

I like the new logo, I like the green button (adds character), I do wonder why they work so hard to make a nice aluminum faceplate look like something less than it is. If I had a say I'd just switch from that powder coat looking stuff to a brushed black anodized finish and call it good, but it's not a huge deal.

Actually the biggest gripe I have with the cosmetics (and cosmetics are secondary anyway) is the cheap and funky looking volume knob that seems to be an Outlaw Audio signature item. It looks like a half melted factory second. Something in aluminum, finished to match the faceplate (see above ) and with simple knurling or rubber inserts would go a long way IMO. While they're at it the rest of the switchgear looks a bit cheap too.

Everything else is maybe not exactly to my taste, but that's not really a valid critique. Looking cheap IMO is always bad.

#44450 - 01/16/03 03:31 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
Kevin C Brown Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
I wonder if/when the 950 will appear with the new logo...

I say, change the logo. The newer one *is* an improvement. But get rid of the silk screen, and go to metal plates or something.

I don't believe that the *appearance* of the 950 is indicative of the performance contained within.

Some people *do* unfortunately judge a book by its cover.

Many posts in the past about people who would buy the Sherbourn and AT version simply because of the higher upscale looks on them.

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 79 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM