Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 16 17 >
Topic Options
#44461 - 01/16/03 10:48 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
DOBEMAN Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Lake Michigan Shoreline, MI
Soundhound,

I like that quakeing in his boots, gave me a good laugh. Now that he is aware of the fashion possie he will have to lay down with one eye open from now on.

#44462 - 01/17/03 07:22 AM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
psklenar Offline
Desperado

Loc: Southern New England, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by gonk:
Interesting to see this topic reappear. ...

Just like a bad penny.

Quote:
... Personally, I like the logo (new more than old, but I never had a problem with the old one) and the green power button, for what it's worth...

I'm in the same boat as Gonk here folks.

Quote:
Originally posted by Smart Little Lena:
I’m used to ‘Car’ guys who will shoot you if you lean on their paint and ‘Aviators’ who shoot you if you walk down a wing wrong. But I never realized ‘AV’ guys ‘CARED’ so much about aesthetics’.

Actually, Aviators have a good reason for that. Change the shape of their wing - i.e.; denting it by walking in the wrong area - and you'll change the way it flies ... if it still flies.

Quote:
Originally posted by soundhound:
Peter Tribeman is probably quakeing in his boots, knowing the fashion possie is a 'gunnin fer him

Knowing Peter as I've come to over the past several years ... I have to say that I don't think there's much in this world that would make him "quake in his boots".

[This message has been edited by psklenar (edited January 17, 2003).]

#44463 - 01/17/03 09:51 AM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
Philip Hamm Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Northern Virginia, USA
I do not like the new "Outlaw" font, glad I got the original logo (which I also dislike). I think the little guy on the horse "O" is friggin hideous.

Everything else about the 950's aesthetics I love. I think it looks understated and classy, I even like the volume knob. A more classy logo would be cool, but I buy this stuff to use not to look at. When the lights are down and the movie's on who cares what everything looks like? I've got at least 6 different brands and looks in my system rack so it's a big mess anyways.

------------------
Philip Hamm

[This message has been edited by Philip Hamm (edited January 17, 2003).]

#44464 - 01/17/03 09:59 AM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
steves Offline
Desperado

Loc: Oregon
To me, it looks fine. Not that much different from all the other "black boxes" I have. Some are shinier that others.

#44465 - 01/17/03 10:52 AM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
Oaf Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Vancouver,British Columbia, Ca...
I kinda like the logo...in fact, I am still hoping for some merchandising type things...coffee mugs, hats, etc...

[This message has been edited by Oaf (edited January 17, 2003).]

#44466 - 01/17/03 11:46 AM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
willscary Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: New London, WI, USA
Hideous? There must be something wrong with me. I seem to be under the notion that I bought an incredible piece of audio equipment at a rediculously lower price than it is worth. Yet people are worried so much about looks, and even a logo, that they would contemplate paying hundreds of dollars more for something that nobody looks at when a movie is playing.

#44467 - 01/17/03 11:59 AM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
charlie Offline
Desperado

Quote:
... something that nobody looks at when a movie is playing.

I don't have a dedicated HT only room so there are lots of times (most of the time, actually) when I can look at it and there's no movie playing. It is at these times I notice cosmetic issues, and yes, I might consider paying a few hundred more to get away from them. More likely it could be a factor that would tip me toward spending a thousand or so more to eradicate the cosmetic and a few other issues with it. Little things can add up.

Having said that I must apply a bit of perspective to the above by restating that yes, of course cosmetics are a secondary or tertiary concern, but they are a real factor in market acceptance none the less.

I get the strong feeling I'm not alone on this, that there are quite a few customers that are buying on value (a good idea) but who are not completely thrilled with the cosmetics of the equipment. Someone might want to notice this.

Just my $0.02.

#44468 - 01/17/03 02:06 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
jwallace Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Richardson, Texas, USA
Maybe the solution is for the Outlaws to offer a low cost "logo enhancement" self-stick plaque to cover the original logo. Many suppiers of A/V equipment use a raised plaque as their standard way to show off a logo already.

For me, I really don't care. As has already been pointed out in this forum, you can't see the logo when the lights are out. Many of use have most of the gear hidden from constant view anyway.

#44469 - 01/17/03 02:23 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
dragonmonger Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Washington DC
Personally I like the look of the unit. The green button is destinctive, now if the LCD display had been green as well that would be cool.

However the day I brought my 950 home my wife's first comments were "That logo is horrible they really need to change it." The new one pictured on the 200 gallery is not much of an improvment to her either.

So my offer is that since she is a graphic designer in marketing we will happily design a new one in exchange for some gear. Peter if you are interested let me know.

Dragon

#44470 - 01/17/03 09:04 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
trancethereal Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Redondo Beach, CA
While it should be self-evident that performance matters above all, commenting on the rather anemic aesthetics doesn't mean you have made that your priority.

The technical merits and performance of the 950 will never drive a customer away - but the looks, well, that can and probably has.

From a consumer's perspective - that is their loss. But from a company's perspective, that customer is their loss. And that matters.

When a product performs three times its price *AND* looks three times its price, you truly have a remarkable product. Missing any part of the equation makes it novel at best.

I think the 950 is an excellent product - good enough that there are three clones. But aesthetically speaking - it is, IMHO, third rate.

Something tells me that if they had the "look" of a Krell, Mark Levinson, Aragon, EAD, Parasound's Halo etc.. defending its current look would be difficult. Good design (exterior) doesn't have to be expensive.

Considering the economies of scale - one would think the price increase (if necessary) would be minimal. A low price-point is one of Outlaws primary goal - and they should continue that mission.

One vote to improve the looks. The new logo is not much of an issue.

[This message has been edited by trancethereal (edited January 17, 2003).]

Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 16 17 >

Who's Online
1 registered (butchgo), 118 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts