Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 16 of 17 < 1 2 14 15 16 17 >
Topic Options
#44591 - 05/05/03 09:02 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
Garrett Adams Offline
Gunslinger

He's probably referring to the slight logo change that occurred recently. I have the 950/7100 combo and until I read the newsletter I wasn't aware of the change. Slipped right by me. I went and I looked at the logo on my 7100 and, as mentioned, it has been cleaned up with a nicer (IMO) typeface and graphic.

#44592 - 05/05/03 10:39 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
grundrc Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Montgomery, TX
eskendir,
Under Editorial Outlaw they spend four paragraphs talking about design and how different people see things different ways and that the Outlaw design is by design, so to speak. In essence justifying why their approach is the way it is. But, basically they are saying they are listening and in the last paragraph allude to a "new and exciting design direction for Outlaw when we preview the RR2150". Even if I and many others like the current design, I believe you got their attention. Cudos to you.
Ron

#44593 - 05/05/03 11:42 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
eskendir Offline
Gunslinger

Thanks Ron, kudos to all of us!!! Now let's work to have the green button replaced and then for a jet black or a silver face plate?

Quote from Outlaw Editorial "Yes, outward appearance is an important factor in a product's overall appeal, but when you get right down to it, sound and value have greater weight in the planning process."

From sonic performance of the Outlaw (at it's price point) it is easy to see where all the attention has been devoted and I am not arguing about the outcome. Outlaw has a well received, excellent products but with so so industrial look IMHO. I am just saying with a high end look/finish it is possible to have our cake and eat it too.

#44594 - 05/06/03 05:44 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
DOBEMAN Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Lake Michigan Shoreline, MI
I had to laugh today when I visited here and found that this thread was still near the top of most discused topics. Really, this thing has taken on a life of its own. I can't believe that it was almost four months ago that I last commented on the appearence of the 950. It's like the Frankenstein original movie, when the lighting bolt hits the tower and the voltage enters the monster, and it begins to move and Doctor Frankenstein yells, "ITS ALIVE!" Will it finally take a angry mob to kill this one too.

#44595 - 05/08/03 02:23 AM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
Oso Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Cortland, OH, Trumbull
I have owned the 1050 for two years now and the appearence of this piece is not sittng next to my Pioneer Elite LD/DVD is not what I would like it to be. When I bring someone over to hear the setup, and they see the Outlaw on the rack, they say "THAT is what you are recommending I buy". One Wife remarked" You want us to put that UGLY thing in your stereo rack. I say "Yes, very much so". Then I tell them to pick a DVD, sit them in main chair, turn down the light, hand them the remote for volume control, and say play as you like. Not one person leaves with out a smile saying "WOW" and notone says anothor thing about the looks. And the wife now has a better looking stereo rack with frosted glass doors that are closed most of the time.

First set up:
JVC receiver
BIC speakers
Pioneer LD

Second set up:
Sony receiver
BIC speakers
Pioneer LD
Sony DVD

Gave the JVC to an ex-girlfriend (good rittens to both). Sold the Sony to buy the 1050 (Uncle was upset with me because he wants the 1050, but wife will not let him with having the Sony).

Hear stuff in movies never hear before

At X-mas got DefTech BP 2000 fronts, C/L/R 3000 center, BP 30 side surrounds, and BPVX for rear surrounds and Pioneer 45 DVD/SACD/plus..

Some of my friend that have been around to see my HT progress to it curret stage are impressed with the way the 1050 handles a recent speaker upgrade. They can not believe that the 1050 can handle these speakers. And I'm still hearing stuff in the movies that I have never heard before. Next upgrade is to 950/770 or maybe 950 with seven 200's.

Would I buy a better looking model if Outlaw offered at a small increase in price,YES.
Will I buy or recommend anything other then Outlaw to friends and family asking my advice, NO, NO, and NO.

#44596 - 05/08/03 08:36 AM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
eskendir Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by Oso:
. When I bring someone over to hear the setup, and they see the Outlaw on the rack, they say "THAT is what you are recommending I buy". One Wife remarked" You want us to put that UGLY thing in your stereo rack. I say "Yes, very much so". Then I tell them to pick a DVD, sit them in main chair, turn down the light, hand them the remote for volume control, and say play as you like. Not one person leaves with out a smile saying "WOW" and notone says anothor thing about the looks.

The trick is to get the Outlaw past the wife into the living room and on the stereo rack! I have been trying unsuccessfully for months now.

#44597 - 05/08/03 12:10 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
MCH Offline
Gunslinger

I think the Outlaw equipment has an air of substance. My dog has not yet complained about the looks. But he does seem to get annoyed at times when I play something loud.
Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder.

#44598 - 05/08/03 01:48 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
eskendir Offline
Gunslinger

Beauty! What beauty?

#44599 - 05/09/03 12:29 AM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
blkngld Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Well I have to say that I am one of the ones that was put off by the logo. I'm not going to pay an extra 500 for a better look, but an extra 50 put into better parts and cosmetics on the faceplate would probably make a lot more deals than it breaks.

#44600 - 05/09/03 01:36 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
Ok, this thread is way out of control. So, here's my contribution.

Maybe Outlaw could get this company to make some panels for their equipment. Here's their website:

www.funklogic.com

Imagine it. Different buttons for your Outlaw product that say; "Big", "Suck", "Huge", "Surround Me!", or something along those lines. Or, how about fake knobs for those visits from people who just know your system could do better. Turn a knob, watch the reaction!

Page 16 of 17 < 1 2 14 15 16 17 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 125 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM