Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 15 of 17 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 >
Topic Options
#44581 - 04/28/03 10:12 AM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
TANGO Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Jenison, MI, United States
GRUNDRC- got around the wife/money problem with the ol' "bait and switch" tactic- took her to a few local audio stores (after I decided to go with Outlaw) and showed what I "wanted" - which was equipment with VERY HIGH PRICE TAGS. She gave all of it a thumbs down, causing my immediate hang-dog expression, tears, hair pulling and the dreaded gnashing of teeth. Then I showed her Outlaw, and ,sice she is really a sweet, kind-hearted person, gave me the O.K. for this magnificently inexpensive system. She even accused me of "thoughtful bargain shopping" (which was a first in thirty years of marrage). It worked, and I never have to hide the price- clever huh? Oh, she also informed me that buying this new e3quipment would still be a waste of money since, she assured me, she wouldn't "hear any sonic differences". The 950/7100 arrived, and when set up she graciously informed me that THERE WAS A VERY NOTICABLE SONIC DIFFERENCE . Sure made me feel GOOD .

Hope that this "method" can work for others .

#44582 - 04/28/03 10:39 AM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
grundrc Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Montgomery, TX
TAngo,
You sly fox.

Why do I feel, that at some point, there will be retribution to pay.

Enjoy your system!

Ron

#44583 - 04/30/03 04:01 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
TANGO Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Jenison, MI, United States
Quote:
Originally posted by grundrc:
TAngo,
You sly fox.

Why do I feel, that at some point, there will be retribution to pay.

Enjoy your system!

Ron

Ron, just who's the "sly-fox"?

Retribution is SO right-- one new kayak (and not a cheap-o model,either) coming up for the little lady (plus accessories, of course:rolleyes Total price tag: the cost of a certain person's new audio equipment! I ask you, is this FAIR???

#44584 - 05/01/03 11:23 AM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
Q-man Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: on the water
eskendir- I don't own any Outlaw equipment yet. So how is the logo attached? Is it glued on? If so automotive people remove unwanted dealer logos and such with a hairdyer to warm up the glue and dental floss to "cut" them off with and clean up the rest of the glue with Goof Off.

#44585 - 05/02/03 01:21 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
rsaavedr Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Pensacola, FL
Well my two cents, I just have an ICBM, and I don't mind the finish and the logo at all. What I had a little trouble with was the brightness of the green led, way too bright. I have the ICBM in the upper shelf of my TV stand, and I have it placed on top of my sony DVD player, the lower shelf has my receiver. When watching a movie there had always been this nice dim cluster of little stars shinning from below the TV, but once the ICBM had joined the family, its little green led stood out massively like a SUPER NOVA out of the deep darkness ;-). I actually covered the led with a little circular dark sticker in which I had punched a little whole, so that the brighness now blends well with the brightness of the rest of the led cluster.

#44586 - 05/02/03 02:24 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Q-man: The logo on the Outlaw gear is silk-screened on.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#44587 - 05/04/03 02:30 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Loc: Home on the range
Rsaavedr, I totally agree with you on that one. I don't mind the enormous green button, but when the lights are off and there is two things in your vision, the tv and the green outlaw light, it can be annoying. I personally don't think they should make it light up for that reason. That is a perfect example of function over cosmetics. Like I said earlier, I really don't care at all what it looks like but when it interferes with the original intent (to enjoy a movie) then it becomes an issue of functionality.

#44588 - 05/05/03 03:16 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
MixFixJ Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Vista, CA USA
Y'all crack me up!
I listen with my ears and not my eyes,nor mouth. If you have a 'real' problem with the aesthetics, then put the gear in a well- ventilated closet.
As Always,
Mix

#44589 - 05/05/03 05:29 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
grundrc Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Montgomery, TX
eskendir,
Are you out there? If you read the latest Outlaw newsletter, I think you struck a nerve.
Ron

#44590 - 05/05/03 06:54 PM Re: I think it is time to change that ugly logo & cosmetics of Outlaw. Do you agree?
eskendir Offline
Gunslinger

Ron, yes I am out here. Yes I've read the recent newsletter, but I am not seeing the same thing you are seeing. Enlighten me!

Page 15 of 17 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 124 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,692 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM