Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#44422 - 01/27/03 06:03 PM Re: Blue Dot Unit = Fantastic
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
The red and blue dots are revisions provided to owners who had difficulty with their initial units, and were identified by dots next to the serial number. The blue dot revision was the second (and from all indications) last fix to the problem. All 950's purchased after December 17 include the "blue dot" modifications, but will not have a dot on them. If you have a 950 that you bought on or after 12/17, you may want to give Outlaw a call as you likely either have a defective unit or a ground problem of some sort that they can help you with. If your 950 was from before then, you have the option of returning your unit for modification or getting a replacement unit.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#44423 - 01/28/03 09:35 AM Re: Blue Dot Unit = Fantastic
Kiwi Offline
Gunslinger

Thanks Gonk,
Called them last night. They agreed the unit was defective. My 950 supposedly has the latest set of serial #'s according to a post I read recently. There are no dots next to the #.
Seems there is a real problem with quality control in that Malaysian factory, if all these problems I read are any indication !

While I've got your experienced eye, I'd love to hear your opinion on this conundrum(sorry that it doesn't quite fit this topics subject matter).
What, if any, are the disadvantages of connecting the ICBM between the pro/amp as opposed to between the SACD/DVDA player and processor?
Although my front speakers are large, (200lb behemoths) they will not reproduce effectively below 40hz. All other speakers have relative abilities so I thought i would set everything to "large" and just let the ICBM crossover before the 755.
Also, if i'm grasping that confusing "recombine" switch theory, the fronts will need to go down near the 20hz ballpark to assimilate a subwoofers job in this world? ... yes ?
Any thoughts ?
Kiwi.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Who's Online
0 registered (), 106 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts