Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#44372 - 01/14/03 07:56 PM Blue Dot Unit = Fantastic
steve1173 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: punta gorda, florida, usa
Had a new red dot era unit that had a loud buzz on my Klipsch speakers even with the unit in mute. Received my blue dot exchange today & no buzz whatsoever, unit even sounds more dynamic. Was afraid of it being a send back unit with scratches & there were a couple on the rear but not the front but the sound is fantastic.

#44373 - 01/14/03 11:42 PM Re: Blue Dot Unit = Fantastic
zakman Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: East Bernard, TX USA
Good to hear, I just got my blue dot today and had to work. I am "sick" tomorrow to give me the day to install.

#44374 - 01/15/03 04:08 PM Re: Blue Dot Unit = Fantastic
zakman Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: East Bernard, TX USA
Congrats Outlaws.

My blue dot...just finished installing has almost NO hiss. I have to turn it way up and put the hear to the tweeter to hear it...congrats!

Adding more "gain" was a nice plus as well...actually had to trim channels down to calibrate properly!

#44375 - 01/15/03 05:33 PM Re: Blue Dot Unit = Fantastic
willscary Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: New London, WI, USA
My 950 has now been on for 9 days straight and I have been converted to believe there IS a break-in period.

This thing sounds better every day. Right now I am listening to Ricki Lee Jones. Her voice can be hard to understand on lesser systems, on mine it is hauntingly clear. James Taylor has a warmth and an intimate sound that was never before present. Van Morrison is more powerful than I had noticed previously. I have been a 2 channel guy for over 20 years, working as a Radio DJ during my college years.

Yes, I equalize my small, inexpensive speakers, I cross over to my SVS too high, and I use Radio Shack Gold interconnects. I am sure, however, that I am listening to the music the way it was intended.-- For the first time. Because of the 950, I upgraded. Now, because of the red dot 950, I am satisfied.

#44376 - 01/15/03 08:18 PM Re: Blue Dot Unit = Fantastic
applejelly Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Syracuse, NY
So everyone here gets the mute circuit click and they just don't care about it?

This might be a reason for me to return my blue dot.

The sound is fine, it's when the sound is lacking that I find it troublesome

#44377 - 01/15/03 08:35 PM Re: Blue Dot Unit = Fantastic
bossobass Offline
Desperado

Loc: charlotte, nc usa
willscary:

it really is great to hear your hearing great

#44378 - 01/15/03 09:11 PM Re: Blue Dot Unit = Fantastic
Will Offline
Desperado

Loc: LA's The Place
Quote:

willscary posted
Yes, I equalize my small, inexpensive speakers, I cross over to my SVS too high, and I use Radio Shack Gold interconnects. I am sure, however, that I am listening to the music the way it was intended.-- For the first time.

I first listened with the crossover set somewhat high on the 950. Music sounded great. It sounded far better than what I used before I got the 950. A few months later, I lowered the crossover just to see what it sounded like. Man, oh man, it sounded so much better.

#44379 - 01/15/03 09:19 PM Re: Blue Dot Unit = Fantastic
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Quote:
Originally posted by applejelly:
So everyone here gets the mute circuit click and they just don't care about it?

Actually, I don't get a mute circuit click with my blue dot...

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#44380 - 01/15/03 09:31 PM Re: Blue Dot Unit = Fantastic
DOBEMAN Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Lake Michigan Shoreline, MI
Got my Blue dot up and running late last week. My first 950, a real hisser was returned for the replacement Red dot. After having both in my system, Red and Blue, to compare side by side, I sent the Red dot packing. I now sit back and hear music and movies the way it should sound. The final edition 950 is the real deal. I hope that all the early 950's that everyone received and did not return when they were offered sound this good. Tip my hat to Outlaw for finding the problem, getting it worked out and sending it along all shipping paid. Now excuse me while I make some fresh popcorn and watch a movie..

#44381 - 01/15/03 10:06 PM Re: Blue Dot Unit = Fantastic
willscary Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: New London, WI, USA
I don't have a pop either. Mine always switches quietly. My crossovers are all set at 100hz. I cannot go down to 80 hz with my little Klipschs, they don't reach anywhere near that low. The only bummer about these speakers is that SACD and DVD-A will not really be possible with the 950s bass management. I need bigger speakers or an ICBM if I want to go hi-rez.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 106 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts