Well, I am still getting used to the MX500, but it is working out like this:

The is an example of what happen with my Sony DVP875P, it maybe different with different components. I gave the MX500 DVD device button the 3 digit code for the Sony DVD player. This gave it most of the commands. I later learned additional commands to other buttons for the DVD player. I then learned the Outlaw SL9000 DVD device button command to the DVD device button on the MX500. This method requires you to press the PAGE button as part of the process. The end result is that if you press the DVD button on the MX500, it will take you to the DVD page on the remote and switch the Outlaw over to the DVD device. I didn't even know that it could do this, it just did. I guess it learned exactly what the SL9000 was doing and added it to what the Sony code provided it.

With the TV device button, it works a little different and I am not sure yet how I did this, I may have created a macro. If I press the TV button it will just show the TV device page. But, if you hold down the button for more than a second or two it will turn on the TV and take you to the TV page.

What I would like to do is get it set up so that when I press a device button quickly it will go to that page and switch the Outlaw to that device. If I hold down a device button for more than 1 second, it will do the above and switch on the device. That really works out well for everyone as you just pick what you want to use and it goes there. You just have to remember that if the device is off, you have to hold the button down longer. I think that the HTM MX500 manual calls this "Activity" based operation.

I hope that I was able to explain this correctly. I will try and provide more information as I and the remote learn it.

------------------
MeanGene's Home

[This message has been edited by MeanGene (edited February 01, 2003).]

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s