Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#44215 - 01/03/03 08:53 AM Re: One For ALl Cinema 7+ and 950?
Philip Hamm Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Northern Virginia, USA
Well, I finally got around to trying to program my Cinema 7+ to work with my Outlaw 950 and other gear. No go. There simply is not enough memory on the Cinema 7+ to handle all the learned keys that I have to set up. Guess I may be remote shopping.

------------------
Philip Hamm

#44216 - 01/03/03 09:36 AM Re: One For ALl Cinema 7+ and 950?
tofufot Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Ann Arbor
Quote:
Originally posted by Philip Hamm:
Well, I finally got around to trying to program my Cinema 7+ to work with my Outlaw 950 and other gear. No go. There simply is not enough memory on the Cinema 7+ to handle all the learned keys that I have to set up. Guess I may be remote shopping.

Hi Phil,
Unless you're just making an excuse to buy a new-fangled remote , this is where making a $10 JP1 cable (or buying for $15 or so), can help you. You don't use up the memory when reprogramming the remote using the JP1, and Ellen has made a very nice keymaster spreadsheet just for the Cinema 7+ and Outlaw 950 (see my earlier post). Bluedo.com has packages with newer One for all remotes and the jp1 cable, the advantage being you'll have a lot more buttons to program functions to, so you don't have to use the shift key to add more buttons.

#44217 - 01/03/03 01:01 PM Re: One For ALl Cinema 7+ and 950?
Philip Hamm Offline
Gunslinger

I don't think I have either the patience or the time to screw around with the JP1 stuff. I've thought about it but I don't think it's worth the trouble to me.

------------------
Philip Hamm

#44218 - 01/03/03 08:12 PM Re: One For ALl Cinema 7+ and 950?
Ellen Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: East of the Rock, West of the ...
Phil,

I'm sorry to hear that you've given up on using your Cinema 7+ remote and the jp1 stuff. Jim is right; I've already done the hard part in creating the upgrade code. Doing the jp1 thing would probably have taken less time than you've already spent messing around with the 950 remote, and that includes 10 minutes to solder the header into the remote and 2 minutes to download the IR software

Oh well, let me know if you ever change your mind and I'd be happy to send the codes you need to paste into the IR program to upload to your C7+ remote.

E

#44219 - 01/04/03 10:24 PM Re: One For ALl Cinema 7+ and 950?
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

Loc: Simi Valley, CA, USA
Is there a way to make the 950 remote use the play, stop, pause, FF, REW, for what they are labeled for and have them also perform the directional functions when in that mode of operation, I think this is called transport?

Right now I just use the SAT button for the transport functions on the DVD player. I am not sure if that is the best way to do it with the 950 remote.

I am thinking of buying the ProntoNEO if I don't hear of a better way to use the 950 remote.

------------------
MeanGene's Home

[This message has been edited by MeanGene (edited January 04, 2003).]

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

#44220 - 01/06/03 09:46 AM Re: One For ALl Cinema 7+ and 950?
Philip Hamm Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Doing the jp1 thing would probably have taken less time than you've already spent messing around with the 950 remote, and that includes 10 minutes to solder the header into the remote and 2 minutes to download the IR software
Considering that I've read some of the FAQ, downloaded some software, and already spent hours starting to get a handle on JP1 I'd say you're wrong there.

Maybe with the JP1 knowledge and experience that YOU already have it would take less time, but I'm starting from scratch on JP1. The Yahoo group is very difficult to navigate and use, I wish there were better resources out there. I may give it a try as I have a couple backlit JP1 remotes that I do like a lot.

However, I'm thinking that I can set up my Cinema 7+ learning just volume for my DVD players and be good to go.

Other than the transport/menu problem I'm finding that I like the Outlaw remote. It works great for my RCA DirecTV system.

------------------
Philip Hamm

[This message has been edited by Philip Hamm (edited January 06, 2003).]

#44221 - 01/06/03 09:37 PM Re: One For ALl Cinema 7+ and 950?
tofufot Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by Philip Hamm:
[QUOTE]Doing the jp1 thing would probably have taken less time than you've already spent messing around with the 950 remote, and that includes 10 minutes to solder the header into the remote and 2 minutes to download the IR software. Considering that I've read some of the FAQ, downloaded some software, and already spent hours starting to get a handle on JP1 I'd say you're wrong there.

Hi Phil,
I was also put off by the FAQ, and you can make things as complicated as you want, but I found it surprisingly easy to get it working. I was on my way to re-discovering how to program the codes for the 950 (which are very similar to the ones for the 1050) when Ellen came to the rescue and sent me the file with all the button definitions for the Cinema 7 remote (which can be easily converted to any other JP1 compatible remote). Since you only need the cable, you could consider this place which sells them for $18 (with shipping): Hovis . There's a more readable JP1 introduction there as well. JP1 for beginners

[This message has been edited by tofufot (edited January 14, 2003).]

#44222 - 01/06/03 09:39 PM Re: One For ALl Cinema 7+ and 950?
tofufot Offline
Gunslinger

oops

[This message has been edited by tofufot (edited January 06, 2003).]

#44223 - 01/07/03 04:35 AM Re: One For ALl Cinema 7+ and 950?
Ellen Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: East of the Rock, West of the ...
Quote:
Considering that I've read some of the FAQ, downloaded some software, and already spent hours starting to get a handle on JP1 I'd say you're wrong there.

Quote:
Maybe with the JP1 knowledge and experience that YOU already have it would take less time, but I'm starting from scratch on JP1.

Phil, my original comment was made mostly tongue in cheek (hence the smiley). I meant no offense or disrespect. And I apologize if I sounded high handed. My point was that you don't have to do any research. I've already done the hard work (setting up the 950 upgrade code). Your goal is just to get the 950 codes into the remote. All you need to do is solder a header into your C7+; download the IR program from the Yahoo groups file area (which it seems you have already done); run it; download your current config from your remote using IR; paste in the set up info for the 950 (which I can send to you); upload this new config to your remote. And that's it. Of course if you later want to make use of the other benefits of jp1 stuff, that would be more work. But that's not what I thought you were after.

But if you are happy with your 950 remote, great. I'm certainly not trying to force you to do jp1

[This message has been edited by Ellen (edited January 07, 2003).]

#44224 - 01/14/03 12:50 AM Re: One For ALl Cinema 7+ and 950?
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

Loc: Simi Valley, CA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by patman:
For my DVD player control, I mapped the menu navigational button onto the main (Rev/Play/FF/Stop/Pause) buttons, and then for the player's transport buttons, I simply mapped them to the set of the little round buttons on the bottom rows above the macro buttons.

I just learned the transport functions on a different device that I was not using like SAT. But, I have an MX500 on order.

Ellen, can you email me the files that will help me configure an MX500 with the URC 8811. I can't get into that Yahoo group, although it says that I am a member.

[This message has been edited by MeanGene (edited January 14, 2003).]

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 135 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts