I have had no problems with my remote and 950 until yesterday when I was watching a DVD and went to pick up the remote after having set it down for awhile(it worked fine while setting up to watch the DVD). All of a sudden, I was getting little to no response from it from my listening position of 12 feet from the 950. The response would be intermittent and the volume would keep moving even when I stopped pressing the button. Not a good thing, especially when its upping the volume too much.

Funny thing is the same thing happened to my DVD Panasonic CP72 remote at exactly the same time. Again no problems with that before either for a month+ I have had it. There was no electrical outage or nothing electrical that I noticed at all. Plus I have both units plugged into a Monster PowerCenter 2500.

I changed the batteries in both remotes and no change. Both remotes seem to work a little better if I stand right in front of the units though. Especially the DVD remote, which doesnt work at all from 12 feet away now.

The new batteries had approximately 2/3 juice according to the self-tester when I installed them.

I am at a loss right now. I reset both the DVD player and 950 with no change. I dont have any other batteries in the house. I will be going to the store to get some "fresh" ones later today.

Anyone had this happen to them or have any opinions? My only thought is when I laid the remotes down for awhile during the movie, they both had a button being pushed usurping the battery power. But for both to go weird at the same time is really unusual. Especially, since this has never happened before with any of my gear in 15 years!

[This message has been edited by Sdwinder (edited January 02, 2003).]