Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11 >
Topic Options
#43515 - 09/26/02 02:13 AM Re: Is anyone happy with their 950?
Davis S Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Chino Hills,CA,USA
Well Lena - guess you can just say I'm a little embarassed at the advice I tried givin ya over there. It just I gave up on my 950 posts over there awhile back. Didnt recognize you over there, crap your posts over here ar probably the most enjoying to read. Lets see were your thread heads over there. I guess I might of soured it a little bit, for that I'm sorry:>

#43516 - 09/26/02 03:09 AM Re: Is anyone happy with their 950?
stott Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: San Jose, CA
I have had mine for months. I love it.

------------------
Stott

#43517 - 09/26/02 04:21 PM Re: Is anyone happy with their 950?
steves Offline
Desperado

Loc: Oregon
SLL, Well done! I would like to award you with the HT Silver Star for valor shown in moving right up to the front lines to take on what can sometimes be a tough challenge over there. And doing so without your flak-jacket! Well written and fun to read- as always!

#43518 - 09/26/02 05:11 PM Re: Is anyone happy with their 950?
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Aww, they don’t scare me! She says with bravado as she darts behind the tank praying their arsenal does not include armor-piercing capabilities.
I have to admit to days of thinking: what a bunch of eejits!. But if I was fair even while lurking during great John Wayne’ish- whole town brawls, - Everyone in the mud pit and petticoats flying! I usually still glean a tidbit or two out of the melee.

I have a purely selfish ulterior motive however. First, its irksome those which are delighted, don’t post, for fear of the bullies. Second: - I want Outlaw to sell loads, so this very interesting trend, - of bucking the industry trends – will produce many years of high value toys to play with.

#43519 - 09/26/02 06:27 PM Re: Is anyone happy with their 950?
willscary Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: New London, WI, USA
Well Lena,

I post every so often on HTF, and I check in there nearly every day to see what the newest topics are. Many people there have never owned an Outlaw, but for whatever reason, decide to trash Outlaw and their products at any chance. Welcome to the HTF world, but don't worry too much. I will always read your thoughts with interest, as will many others who value an honest opinion.

Bill Polley

#43520 - 09/26/02 07:29 PM Re: Is anyone happy with their 950?
MixFixJ Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Vista, CA USA
Hello Everyone, (Especially Miss Lena)
Didn't quite know where to post just to say hello, but I spent so many hours here reading, and listening to your views, arguing, but mostly just enjoying conversing with y'all, that I had to stop in.
I still am an Outlaw booster. I introduced a friend to the gear and he now is the proud and pleased owner of a 1050. It fit his needs exactly. I'm looking forward to new Outlaw products to purchase. With much debate to ensue I'm sure!
I'm fortunate enough to be heading off to Poipu next week on a long put-off vacation. I'll miss my HT while I'm gone. (NOT!)
In that vein, I'm still lovin' the Aragon. The forum at Klipsch (Aragon Mondial) is informative, but very impersonal.
'till next time ,
Mix

#43521 - 09/27/02 07:52 AM Re: Is anyone happy with their 950?
Azistoohot Offline
Gunslinger

I do think that the unfortunate delay with the 950 hurt its chances a lot. For instance, I was seriously considering a 950/755 combo, but I didn't want to wait and paid, instead, more for the combo I bought. I bought a used Proceed AVP and new Lexicon NT512 5-channel amp. Bryston was making amps for Lexicon and Bryston isn't owned by Harmon Kardon. HK decided to use someone they do own to make amps for Lexicon, so the Lexicon dealers had a fire sale on these amps. I ended up paying about twice as much for each piece as I would've paid for the "equivalent" Outlaw. The 950 does have more features than the preamp I bought, though.

#43522 - 09/27/02 08:27 AM Re: Is anyone happy with their 950?
Everett Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Brevard, N.C.
EWS: Speaking of The Gladiator, try the chapter about 40 min into the film (the blade scene) and listen at the sword being hurled from center rear to center front in the DTS-ES format. One of my favorites and, I think, is a defining illustration about what true 6.1 discrete is all about!

#43523 - 09/27/02 11:43 AM Re: Is anyone happy with their 950?
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Quote:
heading off to Poipu next week

You dog!. Can I carry the luggage? Bring you drinks with little umbrellas?

Last time I was on Big Island, it was not very touristy (thank goodness). I image it's changed dramaticly. Enjoy Kauai, and watch out for hurricanes!

#43524 - 09/30/02 06:48 PM Re: Is anyone happy with their 950?
HT crazed Offline
Gunslinger

OK, thought I'd weigh in here since I've been active on this forum in the past.

I've owned the original, and now am on my Red Dot version. My assoc equipment is B&W 804's mains and other B&W center and surrounds, Sony 9000 DVD/SACD player, HSU sub, Rotel 985 5 channel amp (and I'm waiting for my new Sony FP..pant pant pant).

Though my last pre/pro was a Rotel prologic (so limited experience with DD DTS, etc) I'd have to say I'm extremely satisfied with the sound quality of the 950 for Home Theater.

I don't care much about features that don't directly impact sound quality, and I'm plenty pleased with the sound quality I'm getting. I've mentioned here before that I've been lukewarm on listening to music through the 950, but in its price range I've also auditioned the Rotel 1066 and felt the same way.

Considering the competition and my needs, I still think the 950 is an absolute bargain. And rather than pop for a $4000 model that does both music and HT well, I'll happily keep my 950 look for an inexpensive way to connect my Rotel pre into the system for the best of both worlds.

Heartily recommended!

Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 203 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts