soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
Okay, Okay, here's my Home Theater:

http://home.earthlink.net/~soundhound/MyHT.jpg

#43139 - 11/26/02 06:34 PM Re: Home Theatre Pix
azryan Offline
Gunslinger

Hey guys, I totally understand what you're saying.

I'm very direct with people and have strong opinions at times (all the time???). Too strong for some. Maybe 'MANY', but like people noted... I don't jump out and call people names, etc... I challenge ideas and sometimes instead of people just defending thier own opinions/ideas they instantly get mad at me and some others look at me like I'm just a troublemaker.

I don't get mad at this though, I just take it as a challenge.

I can see how people might think this about me (I really do), but (like when Lena posted to me) I just try to re-state my opinions/ideas.

I did call the logo 'puke colored', but someone tell me it isn't? Honestly, I couldn't think of a better wording for the color, and I'm a graphic artist, so I think I know a bit about color/logo design.

It's not like I saw his (from what I hear 'great looking') HT and said "oh that's garbage".
I don't do stuff like that, so please don't lump me into a group of people like that. Trolls who get their kicks attacking people. That's not me, and those of you who've read many of my posts know I'm not like that -even if they don't like they 'way' I post.

I didn't mean to insult Soundhound directly with this logo remark, but I guess I did.

I honestly 'would have' said I was sorry. I have been known to appologize in the past, but Soundhound certainly didn't take any 'high road' with how he interpreted my remark, and decided to flat out directly insult me. And twice. I still have not (and will not) insult him back though. But I will have to pass on saying 'sorry' if anyone thought I should?

Now I can take the insults and don't hate the guy in any way... so no big deal to me, but I hope some of you guys understand my point of view on this -even if you disagree with it.

I just see things differently and speak up. I think more people should do this, and not be so worried about offending someone. We shouldn't all be so fragile IMO, and there's things to be taught by a challenge.

So much of what we know about audio/video comes from challenge and debate. If we all just posted 'Look at my new speakers' 'Wow, I bet those sound great!' 'I'm a happy new owner of a 950!' 'Welcome to the family!' we'd never grow or learn anything new.

Pretty much every advanced audio idea that I've learned (not that I'm claiming I know 'so much' or anything) has been from people challenging me about things I've posted.

So if I'm right... someone else learns something, and if I'm wrong... I learn something -that I'll probably just pass along to others in the future.

Without 'issues' no one learns anything, but dealing with 'issues' isn't what some people want on theses forums. I made a thread a while ago here about this very point suggesting a 'debate forum section' and spoke about many of these same points I make now.

For example... Gonk posted pics of Charlie's HT room in the past (as I think he did again here). Pretty much everyone went 'drool' over them, but (while I think the room looks nice) I actually said some negative things about his speaker layout (in-wall speakers very far apart, etc..).

Some probably took this as me being a jerk or something along those lines, but it wasn't meant to insult him, but to help him improve his system as he said he was looking to build new speakers some time.

Why didn't anyone else think it was odd that Soundhound took all his HT pics down yet left one HUGE logo file? I think maybe I'm the only one who even realized this point.

I tried to help him too by mentioning FREE webspace for his HT pics, but he ignored that. Oh well. EVERYONE who didn't get to see his HT pics misses out -not just me. I thought of that too -not that I claim to be so altruistic, but I wasn't just thinking of myself. I tought he wanted to show off his room. That was the whole point of the thread!?

As some have said... Soundhound of course has EVERY right to do whatever he wants. I totally agree. I haven't and wouldn't ever say he doesn't.

It just struck me as silly that he started this 'show your HT pics' and won't do this himself.
I guess I'm a... "-if you say you're going to do something -you do it" type of guy.
And his excuses 'why he couldn't repost his pics' when I asked annoyed me 'cuz they held no water when I took 2 seconds to think about them.

I was all set to post my pics if you re-read my first post here so I certainly didn't jump in here to attack anyone.

Often I make points that challenge people to think (I guess whether they like it or not).
People so quickly get offended by a 'challenge' (calling me pompus or getting angry and insulting me) rather than taking advantage of the chance to use their brain to explain their points/ideas. I am capable of seeing someone else's points and changing my views on subjects. Happens all the time.

This doesn't have to become a war either guys (and as Lena seems to worry about). I'm not in some crazy hyper battle mode when I post here.

Soundhound could have said 'the color is meant to be gold', not what the logo looks like on the computer. He eventually explained that, but decided to first insult my age (WHY??) out of anger.

I'm glad that some of you who felt the need to respond to me kept your composure in 'telling me off'. That's GREAT.
I actually like to read that sort of thing, even 'against me' I like seeing people use their brains. I wonder how many wanted to post something but couldn't think of anything to say that wasn't just insulting or angry.

I've always said that I DON'T demand anyone agree with me, and I welcome people trying to fix things even if it's 'me' getting the fix -heh. It's the people who just shut their brains off and get mad that worry me.

So I'll drop the HT pics issue. I already repeated my main points too often. I'll try to think about how to sound 'nicer' in the future when I post. Some of you may have to give me tips in this regard as this is clearly NOT my forte.

Remember anyone who thinks I'm insulting, etc and decides to insult me back is only sinking to the level they 'believe' me to be at. And if they 'got me wrong' they only place themselves at that level. Not terribly clever is it?

#43140 - 11/26/02 06:44 PM Re: Home Theatre Pix
charlie Offline
Desperado

Since when is being called young an insult? Millions of baby-boomers would love to be thought of as young right now!

#43141 - 11/26/02 06:55 PM Re: Home Theatre Pix
soundhound Offline
Desperado

azryan:

I really don't see why this whole issue upsets you so much. Yes, I DID need about 6 megabytes of my 10 megabyte space for work. The logo was about 1.3megs, and I've had to take it down too for space. What's the big deal? The files for my HT pictures was about 5 megabytes, which is a lot to ask of the AVS board to post.

Nobody but you has said a word about the pictures being taken down. I would assume that anybody who was truly interested had already seen them, or possibly downloaded them to keep for reference.

Yes, I did look at your theater on the AVS board. The picture is limited in it's resolution, but it looks like you have done a _very_ nice job with the walls, sconces, and the screen area. I almost wish I had the time to re-think my walls (which are off-white) and do something like you appear to have done. I get screen reflection from the white walls, and it washes the screen out to a small but noticiable degree. Your coloring would be more immune to this.

Peace.....

#43142 - 11/26/02 06:57 PM Re: Home Theatre Pix
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Originally posted by charlie:
.....Millions of baby-boomers would love to be thought of as young right now!

Go Charlie!!

#43143 - 11/26/02 07:04 PM Re: Home Theatre Pix
willscary Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: New London, WI, USA
Now THAT is a big screen! How much land do you own SH?

#43144 - 11/26/02 07:06 PM Re: Home Theatre Pix
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Originally posted by willscary:
Now THAT is a big screen! How much land do you own SH?

He, He.......

[This message has been edited by soundhound (edited November 26, 2002).]

#43145 - 11/26/02 09:02 PM Re: Home Theatre Pix
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Soundhound,

Now I see where you really got your drive-in speakers for the Living Rm. You just ripped em right out of your backyard. Leaving all those poor people hanging right up against the screen trying to read lips!

Azryan, Where at AVS forum? I'd like a peek.

#43146 - 11/26/02 09:08 PM Re: Home Theatre Pix
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Lena:

5.1? 7.1?? 10.1??? Heck, with all those speakers I've got 250.1!!!!!! Eat 'yer heart out....

#43147 - 11/26/02 09:15 PM Re: Home Theatre Pix
bossobass Offline
Desperado

Loc: charlotte, nc usa
i once played a gig in the leona theater in pittsburgh in the early 70's. it was quite a place. had a huge pipe organ. on stage were 2 voice of the theatre cabs. on the back were little paper tags with the signature 'jimmy b. lansing'.

seeing that logo brought the memory flooding back. i appreciated seeing it very much. if anyone paid attention, soundhound graciously offered it to be downloaded.

the history of modern sound reproduction began with that logo. as far as i'm concerned, whoever has it displayed in his/her HT has a clue what he or she is doin'.

sh: great pix, impressive setup by any standards and thanx for the logo.

Page 7 of 13 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 99 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts