Thanks WillScary,

I have not had time to ‘think through’ every thing I want to do, and how to ‘make’ it do it yet….

I learned the 950 for a couple of hours yesterday as far as changing 950 buttons to what I thought ‘might’ be intuitive for the different guys that roam through here. Of course the labels don’t make any sense.

I had noticed they picked up all the ‘joystick’ type buttons on the other remotes very quickly (for them) so I set the Outlaw in each mode….TV/DVD/SAT……to match that preference so the center SEL/Play button with the arrows always matches the toggle for menus from the other remotes. Which meant I had to put Slow mo/Fast forward/Stop/Pause/Freeze for the DVD somewhere else and etc for each source. That way they don’t get stuck when ever they are trying to navigate menus…as they are used to manipulating them from that (center button and arrows) or (joystick centered) configuration.

Right now the T/V button on the 950 I have set to select video source off the display. It scrolls between the 3 video modes I haven’t’ locked out on the Display…..Off Air/DVD/Satellite.

I was thinking when I set TV button up that way that its prob just a toggle command on this display which is choosing next choice/next choice/next choice. (Not a discret for each video selection) Preventing me from setting up each source button on the 950 to automatically go to the appropriate Video channel (Air/Sat/DVD) on the display. But I need to confirm this, seems to me I had figured out an ‘around’ for this on my old commander with all the old gear, - so that if a macro was hit (as long as you started from all units OFF) you ended up on the correct video channel on the display for each source but can’t remember how I did it?

On the old commander there were 3 macro choices. And as long as they started from OFF. I had them all well trained how to bring up audio without video (CD play) /DVD play with surround/Sat with surround.

I guess I will start training the old Sony commander again and let them choose, They are fairly used to the 950 remote at the moment although it confuses the heck out of them if they change the input from coaxial to optical etc.

I could design the worlds most killer learning based universal remote if they’d let me….then let the engineers figure out ‘how’ to part it. (Might cost a tad though).

Good luck on the post problem that’s weird!. Have you checked your Internet basic settings. Sometimes when I surf sites seem to affect my base settings which screws up my surfing,…I have to go back in and reset…makes me furious. They main one that keeps changing when I surf certain locations is in my LAN, where the website somehow switches my setting to "Automatically Detect' Settings, which turns my DSL line into something slower than a turtle….ug.