Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#43064 - 11/20/02 04:30 AM Can the TV button on the remote be made to not switch to video 2 input?
eliu01 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I've searched the forum and read the manual, but cannot find the answer to the above question. I've programmed the remote to activate my TV, but naturally, when you push the TV button, it switches the 950 to video 2 input, and I don't want that to happen. What can I do to prevent that? TIA!

#43065 - 11/20/02 07:57 AM Re: Can the TV button on the remote be made to not switch to video 2 input?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Like you, I have not been able to find a way to disable the input switching behavior of the source buttons. I have resorted to some interesting macros to get around it on a couple of sources (and to using the remote's "preference" for determining which input to hook devices up to the 950). What sort of stuff are you doing? Maybe we can come up with some reasonable macro solutions. Or someone will let us know if they've found a trick that we don't know about...

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#43066 - 11/20/02 01:20 PM Re: Can the TV button on the remote be made to not switch to video 2 input?
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
Yeah, that bug is kind of stupid. I get around it by covering the emmiter on the remote control with my hand as I make the selection. Crude, but it works. I also don't use the 950's video switching, going directly to my projector instead.

#43067 - 11/20/02 04:07 PM Re: Can the TV button on the remote be made to not switch to video 2 input?
Oaf Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Vancouver,British Columbia, Ca...
Ya...I point the remote into my thigh as well...I ended up putting the aspect ratio change codes into the next button for the satalite so I could change modes for HDTV...pain in the butt since my TV is kinda stupid and defaults to 16x9 when using component inputs.

#43068 - 11/20/02 05:44 PM Re: Can the TV button on the remote be made to not switch to video 2 input?
eliu01 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one experiencing this "problem." Until someone comes up with a better suggestion or solution, I think I'll just make sure to turn things on in the proper order, i.e. TV first, then 950, then satellite receiver, which will switch the 950 back to the proper output so I can watch TV.

#43069 - 11/21/02 08:43 AM Re: Can the TV button on the remote be made to not switch to video 2 input?
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

Loc: IL
It might be a little bit of a pain, but you could experiment to see what angle you can point the remote so that it only affects the 950.

#43070 - 11/30/02 04:41 PM Re: Can the TV button on the remote be made to not switch to video 2 input?
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
I’m just NOW training remotes and decided to take each of 4 or 5 current choices and teach each what I could from all the others. Next step teach the 950 everything I can. Then on to trying to teach the Sony Commander everything from all of them.

Stalled out just now on the 950’s remote, before teaching it any macros. Thought I better get something straight on the Power/Mute buttons and the different components first.

What I’m running into now is the fact that I have learned all the functions I want from the TV remote to the 950 remote. And just realized, Every time I hit TV as source the 950 comes on. Which I want off in this instance. Any way around??

And if I start programing 950 macros, I assume that when I put the TV SOURCE step into the macro I'll have the same result. 950 powers up In the TV instance I just want the TV on line.

#43071 - 11/30/02 11:21 PM Re: Can the TV button on the remote be made to not switch to video 2 input?
tofufot Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Ann Arbor
SLL/Mary (are you in a witness protection program?)
This is probably the major complaint about the 950 remote that as far as I know there is no elegant solution for. You're right about what would happen with a macro. Unless you have a true universal remote, the most common kludge is to manually cover the IR transceiver of the remote while selecting the TV button. Of course you can always use the TV's original remote, but that's sooo primitive. gonk and others have discussed their remote experiences in this forum.

#43072 - 12/01/02 02:26 PM Re: Can the TV button on the remote be made to not switch to video 2 input?
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
SLL/Mary (are you in a witness protection program?)
No but I can be mysterious

Thanks for the reply….so no new news on this front. I did a quick search on these topics and this one seemed to follow the same problem I was having. (Although regarding the default Video 2). I’ll try the coverage method suggested.
I was programming individual remotes yesterday and got to macros, when I accidentally saved one to the ‘power’ button and finally figured out what I had done I gave up for the evening. (I don't like shuttleing the LCD Lamp on/off for too long trying to set these up. Had not at all paid attention to the remote threads before was just living with 4 or 5 units. Am finally finding a little time over the long weekend to try and intermesh them into 1 or two at most. Thanks!

#43073 - 12/01/02 05:10 PM Re: Can the TV button on the remote be made to not switch to video 2 input?
willscary Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: New London, WI, USA
I am very sorry that I have not answered this thread sooner, but I am still unable to post replies unless the occational "reply w/quote" button appears over someone elses post...a very strange problem I am having with this site.

I tought each of my remotes manually to the 950. Each button except for the 8 source buttons can be reprogrammed in each source mode. What I did was program the t/v (tv/video) button to turn the tv on and off in each of the source modes (except AUD mode).

Now, when someone in the family wants to watch cable, they hit the cbl button, the power button, and the t/v button. If they want to switch to dvd, they simply press dvd and power. When they are done and wish to leave the room, they hit the power button to turn off the dvd, then the t/v button, which is also programmed to turn the tv off or on in dvd mode, as well as vcr mode, cd mode, and satellite mode.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 128 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts