Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#42873 - 10/09/02 07:00 PM Re: Clones
Will Offline
Desperado

Loc: LA's The Place
Here's Eastech's website: http://www.eastech.com/
Quote:

As far as I know, this is the first Outlaw project to involve Eastech to such a level (if at all? Did they help Outlaw with the 1050?)

I read somewhere that Eastech builds the Outlaw 1050.
Quote:

implies a much larger part played in the design of the 950 by Eastech than I had originally believed.

It's hard to find a whole lot of details on the relationship Eastech has with Outlaw, or for that matter, on the relationship Atlantic Tech has with Outlaw, or Sherbourn has with Outlaw. Outlaw is privately held.

#42874 - 10/09/02 07:11 PM Re: Clones
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Quote:
This quote implies a much larger part played in the design of the 950 by Eastech than I had originally believed. As far as I know, this is the first Outlaw project to involve Eastech to such a level (if at all? Did they help Outlaw with the 1050?)

I got that implication, too, but since the author seemed to be looking at the three as clones that appeared simultaneously (and even hinted that it was something of a revelation, even though all three were announced as far back as January and the 950's been in the news for a lot longer than that) I wondered about how much stock to put in the statement. If the author of the article knew that Eastech was involved in the design (which they were, based on what we've heard from Outlaw), he may have assumed Eastech did the design.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#42875 - 10/09/02 07:14 PM Re: Clones
Will Offline
Desperado

Incidentally Eastech also builds the Outlaw IR1000 Internet Radio - http://www.eastech.com/acrobat/IR1000.pdf

#42876 - 10/10/02 01:10 AM Re: Clones
merc Offline
Desperado

Loc: Deep in the Woodlands of Texas
Hmmm, if Ron says something, it must be true.
If Joe says something, it must be true.
If Gene says something, it must be true.
If Richard says something, it must be true.
If John says something, it must be true.
If Peter says something, it must be true.

Guys... this industry is so engineeringly intermingled and connected, they all must succeed for each to succeed... including the Outlaws...?

There are lots of CLONES out there already... you just don't know where to look.

[This message has been edited by merc (edited October 10, 2002).]
merc\'s primary system

#42877 - 10/10/02 01:49 AM Re: Clones
Paul J. Stiles Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Mountain View, CA, USofA
Must be that something is true.

------------------
the 1derful1

#42878 - 10/10/02 02:07 AM Re: Clones
Will Offline
Desperado

OK I get it. The most cost effective place to build the (relatively) high-tech 950 pre/pro is in Asia not the USA. The most cost effective place to build the (relatively) low-tech 770 amp is in the USA.

#42879 - 10/10/02 07:50 AM Re: Clones
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Oh, and Eastech builds the elusive IR1000, but the original design for the IR1000's brains come from near San Francisco -- Arrio . Just to keep things sufficiently convoluted this morning...

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#42880 - 10/10/02 10:13 AM Re: Clones
randyb Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Kansas City, MO, USA
"I got that implication, too, but since the author seemed to be looking at the three as clones that appeared simultaneously (and even hinted that it was something of a revelation, even though all three were announced as far back as January and the 950's been in the news for a lot longer than that) I wondered about how much stock to put in the statement. If the author of the article knew that Eastech was involved in the design (which they were, based on what we've heard from Outlaw), he may have assumed Eastech did the design."

I have raised this issue with the author and have not received a response. My take is that it was written from the point of view of someone just discovering these pieces, not from somebody that has followed the development from the moment it was announced (by Outlaw). I don't think (although I don't know) that he has any special insight into the development and probably just based it on what he could find (wihtout the benefit of talking to the Outlaws, Sherbourn, and probably EastTech) on the net.

My take on the intent (although for some reason it seems to have been taken differently by others) is that it was merely a comment on the industry for people who are not devoted forum people. Now, it seems that we have a mountain out of a mole hill. I was interested in the post mainly because originally it had the wrong price on Sherbourn and I wondered if that was really correct. Thought I would get a quick answer here (which I did).

[This message has been edited by randyb (edited October 10, 2002).]

#42881 - 10/10/02 11:45 AM Re: Clones
Will Offline
Desperado

Quote:

Eastech builds the elusive IR1000, but the original design for the IR1000's brains come from near San Francisco -- Arrio. Just to keep things sufficiently convoluted

And to increase the convolution, Easteach out of Singapore owns equity in Ario near San Francisco. Here's the announcement from back in June 2000: http://www.arrio.com/news4.html

#42882 - 10/10/02 11:50 AM Re: Clones
randyb Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Kansas City, MO, USA
Maybe at the bottom of it all Bill Gates owns everything.

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 156 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts