Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 6 of 12 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12 >
Topic Options
#42679 - 11/04/02 05:53 PM Re: Whats up with that?
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
Lena:

I'm glad you are enjoying the daylights out of your 950 - BUT - _SOMEBODY_ has to stand up and try to make marketers accountable for their claims - you win, and we all win in the long run for it. After all, Ford thought the gas tank on the Pinto was just fine! Now, I actually had a Pinto, and had no problems with it, and I'm not saying the 'hiss' issue is a life or death issue like a defective gas tank, but I hope you have an open enough mind to see that in the end, the people who are crying 'foul' are on YOUR side.

[This message has been edited by soundhound (edited November 04, 2002).]

#42680 - 11/04/02 06:06 PM Re: Whats up with that?
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Quote:
After all, Ford thought the gas tank on the Pinto was just fine!

If any tape of Rossanea Barr comes on (Where she sings the National Athem) and my Outlaw blows up and kills me I’ll be sure and remind my mother to sue them.

Soundhound just ignore me this week I’m being flippant and giddy…new speakers do that, and the Center speaker comes in tonight!!!

#42681 - 11/04/02 06:54 PM Re: Whats up with that?
steves Offline
Desperado

Loc: Oregon
Quote:
‘Truth’ lies on both sides of the fence. Can you handle my truth?

Your "truth" is as valid as any posted by anyone on this board. No apologies required.

#42682 - 11/04/02 06:59 PM Re: Whats up with that?
Will Offline
Desperado

Loc: LA's The Place
Quote:

SOMEBODY has to stand up and try to make marketers accountable for their claims - you win, and we all win in the long run for it.

Bravo SH!

The audio industry wins when misleading specs are exposed.

#42683 - 11/04/02 06:59 PM Re: Whats up with that?
charlie Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Originally posted by Will:
.... The onus to find S/N problems was NEVER with the beta testers. It's with Quality Control. ....

True, to a point. But every place I've ever worked beta testing was a big part of the QA effort and run by the QA department. How else would it work?

Quote:
It's pretty apparent now, unlike during the beta tests, that the 950 just plain isn't meeting its published S/N specs.

Apparently true. I know there are as many ways to measure things as there are measurers, but the specs given are stellar, whereas my 30 year old stereo preamp is quieter than the 950.

#42684 - 11/04/02 07:23 PM Re: Whats up with that?
Will Offline
Desperado

Loc: LA's The Place
Charlie we're in agreement.

The beta testers dealt with Outlaw Q/C in America, not Eastech Q/C in Malaysia. Outlaw had a hand in the Q/C process. The Outlaws should have known the 950 missed its S/N spec (causing audible hiss in sensitive systems) from day one.

#42685 - 11/04/02 08:49 PM Re: Whats up with that?
sdurani Offline
Desperado

Loc: Monterey Park, CA
Lena,
Quote:
‘Truth’ lies...
Great two words to start off any post with. Did you do that on purpose? (Loved the spot party too.)

Will,
Quote:
The Outlaws should have known the 950 missed its S/N spec (causing audible hiss in sensitive systems) from day one.
That's the part I don't get.

With the amount of companies that abandon their product for next year's model, I have to commend Outlaw for being responsive to their customers and working very hard to fix the hiss. But I don't understand why this problem wasn't noticed earlier on, either by Eastech or Outlaw or the betas. Maybe the differences between the prototypes and the production pieces was more significant than earlier thought?

Best,
Sanjay

#42686 - 11/04/02 09:06 PM Re: Whats up with that?
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Originally posted by Smart Little Lena:

If any tape of Rossanea Barr comes on (Where she sings the National Athem) and my Outlaw blows up and kills me I’ll be sure and remind my mother to sue them.

Whatever........

#42687 - 11/04/02 09:10 PM Re: Whats up with that?
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Originally posted by sdurani:

...I don't understand why this problem wasn't noticed earlier on, either by Eastech or Outlaw or the betas....

I don't get it either. I can't see for the life of me how even a casual measurement of noise wasn't done - _and followed up on_.

#42688 - 11/04/02 09:11 PM Re: Whats up with that?
bossobass Offline
Desperado

Loc: charlotte, nc usa
sh: i just wanted to see if you were still out there.

i am positive the 24 bits thing is a scam.

i wonder if your workstation would still be dead quiet if you stacked up a rack of outboard, unbalanced components to process a recording pulled off your cable tv feed and mixed by monitoring through 6 channel ht speakers powered by a couple kwatts of amp?

i agree with your argument. specs shouldn't be bull----.

as an aside...i been wonderin' something...if you take the 6 channel analog feed off your dvd-a or sacd player into your daw, it should be dead quiet, no?

Page 6 of 12 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 140 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts