Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#42094 - 10/21/02 12:00 PM Need Help with Dual video output hookup
RKPhelps Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Milford, Ohio USA
This may be a dumb question but I just want to be sure so I don't break something. I currently have my 950 hooked up to my RP TV with S-video from the TV to the S-video out on the 950. I want to buy a Front Projector and hook it up to the 950 so I can use either. Can I hook the Front Projector to the component outputs and keep the RP TV hooked to the S-video. Can the 950 convert both directions for s-video or component. I want to watch DVD's most of the time with the FP and watch some sporting events on it as well. Most tv viewing will be done on the RP to save bulb life. Has anyone done this type of set-up that can offer some suggestions on the correct hook up to the 950?

Thanks
Rob

#42095 - 10/21/02 12:49 PM Re: Need Help with Dual video output hookup
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Quote:
Originally posted by RKPhelps:
I want to buy a Front Projector and hook it up to the 950 so I can use either. Can I hook the Front Projector to the component outputs and keep the RP TV hooked to the S-video.

Yes, you can. But the front projector will only get the signal from the two component video inputs. See below...

Quote:
Can the 950 convert both directions for s-video or component.

Afraid not. The 950's component video switching is pure switching -- no video conversation at all. Conversion from s-video/composite to component is extremely rare (short of a couple flagship receivers and I think the Lexicon MC-12).

Quote:
I want to watch DVD's most of the time with the FP and watch some sporting events on it as well. Most tv viewing will be done on the RP to save bulb life.

DVD watching would be no problem -- just connect the DVD player to the 950 using both S-Video and component. The RPTV will get the S-video signal through the 950, and the projector will get the component signal through the 950. To get the satellite/cable to the projector, you may want to look at a good s-video switchbox (located between the 950's monitor out and the RPTV/FP) so that you can switch the monitor output from the 950 over to the projector.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

Who's Online
0 registered (), 126 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts