After doing the countless hours of non-listening research ( audioreview.com, home theater mag, sound & vision mag...ad nauseum ) and all the denon/onkyo/yamaha comparisons in the stores, I upgraded. Went from a four hundred dollar Kenwood vr403 home theater package ( surprising for the price...really! ) to a new system centered around the 1050.

Happy camper here. The Paradigm Monitor 9s are just loosening up now and i followed them with a Paradigm cc 350. Not broken in yet, but still holding its own. The Kenwood mains have been moved to surrounds c,l,r.

Sound is discrete and proper. The Matrix test ( scene 32? ) had a few of us gawking at the spatial capacity of the little 1050...it has incredible attack for a 65 watt unit. The sixth channel works well...I too like the matrixed effect from the l/r channels...the center and the rear really complimented each other in enveloping the room ( 12 by 9 feet!)

Over all VERY happy. Just to balance the scale, those of you more music oriented will desire more wattage if you like your rock LOUD, or if you have some Maggies sucking up the juice. But thats what the 750 is for, right? Could remove a coupla those effects ie jazz, stadium, 3 stereo...the natural has a good spread...keep that one. Is it me or do you have to push the bass/treble buttons on the console to raise/lower the levels with the remote? I know I've just completely destroyed any credibility I may have had, but whatever lol. I can live with the 2db increase/decrease increments.

Cant wait to see the pre-pro, guys. Keep up the good work!

Satisfied,

Dave R
New York