Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#41927 - 11/25/02 09:52 PM Two-channel Settings with Powered Sub
CV Fan Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Mt. Laurel, NJ, USA
I have been longtime fan of Cerwin-Vega's since like the 8th grade. After many years (25?), finally ordered a pair of 400W CV E-715's and CV's 15" 200W powered sub. I also have the excellent Outlaw 950/755 combo arriving this week to churn these aural attack missles. Existing Sony vanilla $99 5-CD changer.

Unfortunately, I'm a newbie at hi fi.

My goal right now is to basically setup my system to crank some old Zep, Incubus, Korn, Dave Matthews Band, etc. and to add home theater components (TV, surrounds) in about six months after my wife and kids move out thanks to the CV's.

Question - how do I best wire up the CV's and powered sub to the 950/755 to create maximum mayhem in my house and surrounding neighborhood chock full of Dilbertesque, "my beemer-is-nicer-than-yours", white collar panty wastes? It seems there are like a ton of wiring alternatives for subs and - being a newbie - I'd probably blow out my gear or start a small household fire.

Also, does anyone have suggestions for the settings on the 950 panel for CD audio playback with the emphasis on fully utilizing the above gear?

Thanks!

#41928 - 11/26/02 12:16 AM Re: Two-channel Settings with Powered Sub
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
Reading the 950's manual and that of the other equipment is a good place to start. Of course, you would only use the 'stereo' mode in the 950 if you only have stereo fronts and a sub. Connect the sub to the "LFE" out of the 950, and the left and right inputs of the main power amp to the left and right front outs of the 950. Set the front speakers in the speaker setup menu to 'small' and adjust the crossover frequency for the fronts for the best blend between the main speakers and the sub. I would follow the directions in the manual, and I'll think you'll successfully blow the yuppie scum in the neighborhood to their well-deserved fate.

[This message has been edited by soundhound (edited November 26, 2002).]

Who's Online
0 registered (), 128 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts