Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#41394 - 10/31/02 03:32 PM sSereo Modes
minuteman Offline
Gunslinger

Hi Guys,
When I shuffle through the stereo modes, I get "stereo", "5 stereo", and "6 stereo" but no "7 stereo". That seems strange as I don't even understand what "6 stereo" could be, and why no "7 stereo"? Would anyone have any ideas about this?
Thanks,

#41395 - 10/31/02 04:58 PM Re: sSereo Modes
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Ck your speaker setup: You have your rear surround set for BS(LB). Which will give you the options in stereo of 5-S and 6-S.

Change your rear surround to LB(RB) and you will see the 7-S when you scroll through choices.

#41396 - 10/31/02 05:44 PM Re: sSereo Modes
minuteman Offline
Gunslinger

Thanks Mary.
It looks like my thread title got screwed up. :-)
If I've got your attention, I can't get my OSD up either. Is it quirky? I'm using the S video monitor out on the 950 to the input 1 on my Mits. It works fine with my H/K AVR 8000.
Thanks,

[This message has been edited by minuteman (edited October 31, 2002).]

#41397 - 10/31/02 06:07 PM Re: sSereo Modes
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Minute Man, I don’t think I can help with this. Since I use component connections for my video I do my entire Outlaw menu viewing on the 950 front panel display. (I used to love OSD but now it’s rather nice just to never have it pop up at inconvenient times on the big screen, and I can see enough across the room and have done it enough with it now to do whatever I want to easily from front panel only).

This one has me stumped as I don’t believe the 950 has to have source inputs programmed or any other steps other than just making sure your S-Video is input/output correctly. Is that the ONLY video connection you have hooked up and you are seeing video displayed on the Mit? What I mean is, - if you have composite or component hooked up in addition your feed on the screen that you are seeing could be being routed through one of those and something on your S-video is incorrect. (Although you should still see your OSD if you have composite hooked up but you WILL NOT see it if your feeding through a component connection) You have the Mit into the S-Video input on the 950, Video 1,2 or 3? If you have more than one output since you mentioned (#1) on the Mit could it have been damaged in any way? Have another choice to try?
Maybe some one else with thoughts?

#41398 - 10/31/02 06:24 PM Re: sSereo Modes
minuteman Offline
Gunslinger

Thanks Mary,
I do use a component connection, but it is not routed through the 950, and the S video input connection I usually use is dedicated just to OSD, and not used for any other viewing. I too generally use the front panel display except for general setup. I must be doing something wrong. However you must have VERY good eyes, as the 950 display is just a blur to me. That's one of the many nice things about my H/K.... I can see the display from my seat.:-)
Thanks,

#41399 - 11/01/02 11:03 AM Re: sSereo Modes
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Is the problem the OSD for changing inputs, volume, and such, or is it the setup menu? If you can get the setup menu to appear but nothing else, check to see if the OSD Delay is set to 0 sec.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#41400 - 11/01/02 11:00 PM Re: sSereo Modes
minuteman Offline
Gunslinger

Hi Jim,
I can't get the OSD to appear at all. It's really a minor concern as I really have everything setup through the front panel. I just would like to be able to do it you know? :-) I am running the S video cable from the monitor out on the 950 to the Input 1 on my display, just like every other processor I have used.

[This message has been edited by minuteman (edited November 01, 2002).]

Who's Online
0 registered (), 140 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts