Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#40677 - 09/26/02 12:17 PM Yet another Remote programming thread
patman Offline
Gunslinger

Anyone have any luck getting the 950 remote to mimic remotes of different gear with any devices except for the VCR and DVD buttons?

I succeeded in adding the remote code for my Panasonic RP-91 to the DVD button, and my Panasonic VCR to the VCR button.

But, how do I enter the code for a Pioneer LD player that I have connected to V1 (SAT)? I tried all the codes listed for Pioneer LD players, and even tried to auto-sensing mode, but no joy.

I also have a JVC DVD player connected to V2, and another VCR hooked to V3.

It seems that those buttons for V1, V2, V3 only accept the codes for their uses V1(SAT), V2(TV), V3(CBL). Is there a way to tell the remote that you want the V buttons to be used for a different type of device, i.e. V1(LD), V2(DVD), V3(VCR)?

Or how about getting the AUX button to control my TV?

Thanks in advance.

#40678 - 09/26/02 12:52 PM Re: Yet another Remote programming thread
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I haven't run into that problem myself, but I haven't really tried to set things up like you describe. Neither the SL-9000 manual nor 950 manual mention any limitation such as you are encountering. There is a blurb in the SL-9000 manual , however, that hints at what you are running into. It starts around the middle of page 33, and it may be of some use. Here's a quote:

Quote:

D: Programming a Second TV, VCR, etc.
to Other Device Buttons.

This feature is used to program the remote control for two or more TVs, VCRs, etc., or to program a device into a mode with a different Device Button name. You can store the three-digit Set-Up Code number for any device into any other unused Device Button.

Example: If your home entertainment system contains two VCRs. First, using the VCR Device button, program the remote via standard set-up to operate the first VCR. Then, program your second VCR into a Device Button that is not being used, e.g., AUX using this method.

1. Turn on the device.

2. On the remote control, press the Device Button that you will assign for the device and the MUTE button, simultaneously. SET will appear in the LCD.

3. Press the Device Button that corresponds to the original device. SET will still appear in the LCD.

4. Locate the Set-Up Code number for the device from the tables found on pages (39 - 57).

5. Point the remote toward the device and press in the first Set-Up Code number. SET, followed by the Set-Up Code number will appear in the LCD.

Your device will turn off when the correct Set-Up Code number has been selected. If it does not turn off, select the next Set-Up Code number from the table, and press in that code number. When your device turns off, proceed to Step 6.

6. Press the Device Button that was selected in Step 2. to store the Set-Up Code number. PASS will flash in the LCD to confirm the programming.

The second device can now be operated by pressing the assigned Device Button and using the buttons within this mode.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#40679 - 09/26/02 02:55 PM Re: Yet another Remote programming thread
patman Offline
Gunslinger

Thanks for the info.

Too bad the 950 remote doesn't have the LCD display to show us what's going on. I guess I could have just asked if Device re-assigment (on the Device buttons) was a possibility for the 950 remote. It doesn't appear to be the case. But I will give it a shot when I get home.

[This message has been edited by patman (edited September 26, 2002).]

#40680 - 10/09/02 04:36 PM Re: Yet another Remote programming thread
surroundophile Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Chicago, Il. USA
patman:
Did you ever get this to work? I have the same LD problem. How did it go with no LCD to know when the steps were done?
Also, I don't understnd step : what is the "device button that corresponds to the original device"? There IS NO LD button!!

#40681 - 10/09/02 05:38 PM Re: Yet another Remote programming thread
gonk Offline
Desperado

From a post patman made elsewhere, the method I described does work. As for which device to use for the "original device" -- based on the SL-9000's manual, I think the remote expects LD players to be assigned to the DVD device, so I'd use DVD as the "original device."

Let us know how it goes!

------------------

#40682 - 10/09/02 05:59 PM Re: Yet another Remote programming thread
patman Offline
Gunslinger

I basically didn't worry about trying to find codes to make the device act like a certain device (i.e. LD), I just flat out spent some time and just re-programmed every button I wanted programmed for the LD device button(s) on the 950 remote in the LD mode.

I did the same with the other devices I had (2 other DVD player, 2 VCRs, 1 TV). After a couple of nights of playing around, programming button upon button, I have very little to complain about the remote that comes with the 950 now.

#40683 - 10/09/02 07:14 PM Re: Yet another Remote programming thread
willscary Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: New London, WI, USA
Atta boy Pat! A little programming does wonders doesn't it! Besides, doing it longhand allows you to program each button in a way that is logical to YOU, instead of the way someone else thought it should be.

#40684 - 10/09/02 08:50 PM Re: Yet another Remote programming thread
merc Offline
Desperado

Loc: Deep in the Woodlands of Texas
Quote:
After a couple of nights of playing around, programming button upon button, I have very little to complain about the remote that comes with the 950 now.
As Pat found out, a bit of research, work and effort pays off with programming the SL-9000 remote. This remote is include with many, many preamp/pros and is really a very nice dependable remote which doesn't chew up batteries like the other comparable LCD remotes.
Even the MX-500 requires some effort to get it to work just right...
merc\'s primary system

#40685 - 10/10/02 11:40 PM Re: Yet another Remote programming thread
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

Loc: Simi Valley, CA, USA
I have a few questions:

1) I can't make a macro work. I followed the instructions in the manual but no joy. If I remember right you press the aud and mute at the same time, press M1, the I press TV, the power, VCR then power and then channel up. But it does not work. Each works on it's own if I press TV, then power the TV comes on. what am I doing wrong?

2) My JVC HR S 7100U does not respond to the number pad on the remote. Many of the 3 digit codes will operate the VCR, but none of them will allow you to change the channel by entering the numbers. The up and down channel function works fine.

[This message has been edited by MeanGene (edited October 11, 2002).]

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

#40686 - 10/11/02 12:11 AM Re: Yet another Remote programming thread
gonk Offline
Desperado

You found an error in the manual! The previous page in the manual points out that because the power button can be used as a macro, you can't push it as a part of a macro -- instead you use the mute button. Unfortunately, the example says to use the power button. Hit "mute" when you want to do "power" and it'll work fine.

------------------

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 140 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts