Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 31 of 32 < 1 2 29 30 31 32 >
Topic Options
#40434 - 09/27/02 02:45 PM Re: unofficial 950 arrival thread
Trekkie Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Wake Forest, NC
Well, I expected to have my Outlaw 950 by today.

But no, they didn't tell me when I asked if I could send them a check that they didn't accept checks (yet, they said 'mail your check too...' and gave me the address, and everything)

So now, I have to wait for said check to show back up Snail Mail (after I wasted $17 to overnight a check to them) before I can send them money again. If they'd just had said something, I'd have my new toy for the weekend, but instead, they didn't say a thing until it was too late, and didn't call me, just emailed me that they were mailing it back. I was unable to do anything about it until it was already on the way.

I wanted to pay via check because my credit card is offereing 1.9% if you use the check instead of the 10.9 %. While I'm waiting for my ES9000 to sell I'd have liked to have not been charged for interest.

Oh well, guess not, now need check back before I can get the cash.

Very annoyed.

#40435 - 09/27/02 11:49 PM Re: unofficial 950 arrival thread
Oaf Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Vancouver,British Columbia, Ca...
Got my 950 today...it sounds great! I was skeptical about DPL-II being so different but the "presence" for lack of a better word is supurb!

One problem...my display is slightly out of position...looks like it might of giggled loose of it's mounting enroute. Being so far away, I am tempted to crack it open and set it myself. I will talk to Scott.

More indepth review to come when I get my 770 and then tune my room.

#40436 - 09/28/02 12:20 AM Re: unofficial 950 arrival thread
willscary Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: New London, WI, USA
Kevin, I'm sorry I misread your post on HTF and thought you said you couldn't get the mode to change from DD to stereo when changing from DVD to FM (you said DVD to CD). Try this: leave DVD as it is. Set up the CD source just as you did the DVD source button (so that when you press the CD source button your remote will control the DVD player). Go to the AUD menu and then to INPUT CONFIG. Select CD as source, select the same digital input as you use for DVD, and STEREO as mode. After doing this, simply pressing the CD source button will get you to PCM stereo when you wish to listen to a CD.

Bill Polley

#40437 - 09/28/02 03:46 AM Re: unofficial 950 arrival thread
Kevin C Brown Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
Bill, er, I mean willscary!

Good idea actually.

I have 2 more remote tidbits I've found out, 1 good, 1 not.

1) I couldn't figure out why it took 2 presses of a surround mode button to get it to do anything. Well, the 1st press simply brings up the format of the currently playing source. The 2nd press then begins to cycle through the available surround modes available for the source format playing. OK, so I can dig that.

2) If you look on pg 30 of the *remote* manual, it says you can reprogram the Power button. So OK, I can't stand the Aud thing, but at least the Power button is bigger, easier to hit, and I can reach it with my thumb. But alas, when I try to reprogram it to simply replicate the Aud button, no dice. I even tried a meaningless button 1st, then Aud to try and trick it. It did take the meaningless button. But wouldn't take Aud. Even if I programmed Aud twice. Nada. Oh well. But it's cool to know that the Power button can be changed though...

3) A pseudo fix for the 950 powering up (via a switched outlet) in Standby and not fully on. I found out that if I turn on the switched outlet *while* holding the 950's power button down, the 950 powers up fully on. Not the best solution, but a solution nonetheless.

[This message has been edited by Kevin C Brown (edited September 28, 2002).]

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!

#40438 - 09/28/02 09:27 AM Re: unofficial 950 arrival thread
willscary Offline
Gunslinger

Kevin, the only 8 buttons that can not be reprogramed are the source buttons, including AUD.

#40439 - 09/28/02 09:50 AM Re: unofficial 950 arrival thread
willscary Offline
Gunslinger

Kevin, just a thought. Do you have another learning remote (or does a friend)? If so, try to teach it the AUD command from the 950 remote. Then turn around and teach the 950 remote the command back, but store it to the AUD POWER button. I have not tried it, but it might work.

#40440 - 09/28/02 04:50 PM Re: unofficial 950 arrival thread
Kevin C Brown Offline
Desperado

willscary- I think you missed what I'm trying to do.

Here's what an example. I set up M1 to be the following keystrokes:

AUD, AM/FM

So from any mode on the remote, I can switch to the tuner. So it is taking the Aud button in that case. And I double checked this, because if I hit DVD, and then try AM/FM, doesn't work because the AUD button wasn't hit 1st.

So this morning, I tried to simply program M4 to this:

AUD

But it doesn't work. My only conclusion is that AUD is a *modifer* button. (Sort of like SHIFT on a PC keyboard.)

I just Re-read your post. I'm trying to reprogram the Power button to be AUD.

I've gotten the Power button to take other commands, so it does act exactly like the other macro buttons. Just won't take AUD by itself.

It's a mystery!

#40441 - 09/30/02 08:01 AM Re: unofficial 950 arrival thread
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin C Brown:
Here's what an example. I set up M1 to be the following keystrokes:

AUD, AM/FM

So from any mode on the remote, I can switch to the tuner.

So this morning, I tried to simply program M4 to this:

AUD

But it doesn't work.

It took me a little while to get a good idea of what the 950's remote does with its macros. Here's the deal: when you program a macro, it has to get the device inputs to know which signal to send (think "does pushing "AM/FM" send the command to the 950 turn on the tuner or does it send something to the DVD player, or the CD player, or...?"). Those device inputs count as steps in the macro, but they have no effect on the state of the remote. A macro cannot, say, change the device being used by the remote (I tried this, hoping to have a "power on" macro that ended by selecting the CBL input, so it would be a real single-button start-up for my wife to watch TV).

------------------
[b]gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#40442 - 09/30/02 03:23 PM Re: unofficial 950 arrival thread
Kevin C Brown Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Those device inputs count as steps in the macro, but they have no effect on the state of the remote.

You are exactly right.

If I program a macro key to be the following:

Aud, Stereo

And if I hit the macro key from within "DVD" mode, it does flash the format of the current input type (so it is taking both keys), but at the end of the macro, the remote is still in "DVD" mode.

I'd give anyone a dollar to figure a way around this...

The only thing that might work, is to try "learning" the Aud button to the Power button. But you'd need 2 remotes for that. And I don't know if you can "learn" to the Power button anyway.

#40443 - 09/30/02 06:34 PM Re: unofficial 950 arrival thread
willscary Offline
Gunslinger

A whole dollar?

Yes, you can learn to the power button. The only buttons you cannot teach are the 8 source buttons. I have tought my power button to turn on my old NAD tape deck. There is no code for the deck, but by manually teaching the commands, I can now use the 950 remote exclusively for all of my components. It works perfectly. (the power button can actually be tought any command)

[This message has been edited by willscary (edited September 30, 2002).]

Page 31 of 32 < 1 2 29 30 31 32 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM