Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 23 of 32 < 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 31 32 >
Topic Options
#40354 - 06/20/02 11:02 PM Re: unofficial 950 arrival thread
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I'm sorry, lotus_j, I didn't realize offering to do people a favor could be so upsetting.

I offered to call because I have spoken to them in the past about the 950 (I was one of the people who had a "drop-out" unit). If you would like to call instead, feel free. Ask Scott or Mike your questions, and I feel certain they will work just as hard to answer them as they would to answer mine. Once you have your answers, feel free to share them here or keep them to yourself.

Yes, I would like to hear more word from Outlaw in the form of newsletters or other formal announcements. And I think (or maybe just hope) we'll hear something soon.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#40355 - 06/21/02 07:48 AM Re: unofficial 950 arrival thread
Jmac Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: okalhoma city oklahoma
Gonk you are seriously missing the point here. First of all, like you said you have not posted much lately. Why, because you already have your 950. I can remember a time when a question could not be posted here without you responding within minutes of the post. Now that you have your 950 you have taken this laid back attitude with the Outlaws. Likewise, the point that Lotus and others are trying to make is this has become a customer relations nightmare-period. It is that simple. Why is it that customers have to wait for you or RAF for information. How is it you and RAF can contact Scott and other Outlaws and all any of us get is voicemail. We are all customers-all of our money is green, therefore we should all be treated the same. And for those of you who have written that all "publicity is good publicity", you are simply kidding yourselves. This may be true if you are Dennis Rodman or some other type of entertainer, but it is definitely not true when you are an internet company and your whole business is built on customer relations. Belive me Rotel 1066 sales the last two weeks have skyrocketed. In fact, today I'm driving 180 miles to Dallas to try and find a 1066 and if sucessful will cancel my 950 reservation.

#40356 - 06/21/02 08:47 AM Re: unofficial 950 arrival thread
fmcorps Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fargo, ND, USA
Sorry guys..something got messed up with my post...
Quote:
Originally posted by Jmac:
Belive me Rotel 1066 sales the last two weeks have skyrocketed. In fact, today I'm driving 180 miles to Dallas to try and find a 1066 and if sucessful will cancel my 950 reservation.

I realize that I'm probibaaly doiing the BB equivalant of wanding into the middle of Omah Beach with a huge bullseye on my chest and waving a flag that says " FRAG ME" during the middle of D-Day, but I'm rather surprised at the general tone of some people. It's like the money is demanding that you spend it. I realize that you've been waiting for a while. But I thought that home theater/audio people spent time, made decisions, and then chose the right gear for them. Granted, there are some bugs to work out, but I find the 950 to be what I'm looking for. I realize that I may have to wait half a year for it to show up, but heck, it's what I want. I'm willing to wait because I know that the 950 is what I want, and will (hopefully) be the last piece of gear that I'll buy for quite some time (OK, I know I'll be replacing my tv with a projector...and there is that issue of the two rear speakers for the 7.1 setup however I digress). What I"m saying is I understand the frustration, but I get te impression thatr spending the cash for the sake of spending the cash is more important than getting what you want.

Now I"m going to hide in a fox hole.

-Jason

[This message has been edited by fmcorps (edited June 23, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by fmcorps (edited June 23, 2002).]

#40357 - 06/21/02 09:14 AM Re: unofficial 950 arrival thread
Peter in Louisiana Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Zachary, LA, USA
First post. I have been waiting for a few months for the Yamaha RX-Z1 receiver to become available as that fits my WAF better than separates. I became extremely interested in the Outlaw 950 as I finally found separates (950 & 755) for about the same $2800 price. As I have followed this forum ever since, it has become apparent that there is a few problems with the business model. I am not sure if this is due to a lack of manpower or a lack of attention. For a business that strictly relies upon the internet for it's revenue stream, I would think that communication would be the absolute priority. Take Amazon for instance, it is virtually impossible to contact them and they have suffered sales losses as their shipping dates have really slipped. As I sit here with my dinosaur JVC pro-logic receiver and struggle with the decision on what to purchase, the desire for an Outlaw package of products is slipping. Once a company' reputation is damaged, it takes a long time to recover. I feel that there are many people like myself that lurk here to learn about the products that are becoming lost customers due to communication issues and product performance questions. I love the support they give to existing customers to resolve product defects but for us new customers, this is becoming a disaster. I wish Outlaw the very best but something must change to really become successful.
Pete in Louisiana

#40358 - 06/21/02 09:24 AM Re: unofficial 950 arrival thread
Scott Offline
Desperado

Hello,

Jmac, what telephone line are you calling? The correct line for these questions is 866-OUTLAWA (688-5292). We're here from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST Monday through Friday. If you do happen to get voice mail, it just means we're on the other line so please leave us a message, and I'll call you back as soon as possible.

Best,

Scott

[Note: This message has been edited by Scott]

#40359 - 06/21/02 10:46 AM Re: unofficial 950 arrival thread
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
I don't think there's really any reason to attack Gonk here. Yes, he's posted more in the past than recently, but are you really going to take a "what have you done for me lately?" attitude rather than thank him for what he's done?

Additionally, it's not Gonk's fault that the Outlaws are not posting. If he offers to call on your/our behalf to obtain more information, as a "public service," don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Attack the Outlaws, maybe, but don't kill the messenger...

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

#40360 - 06/21/02 02:57 PM Re: unofficial 950 arrival thread
Jmac Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: okalhoma city oklahoma
Gonk, please do not take my posting as a slap in your face. But for your timely postings I would not have hung on this long. You have really done alot in helping us understand this product. I am sure everyone appreciates your efforts. I just felt that you were missing Lotus', point about customer service. I must admit I am a little jealous that you are listening-and I'm sure-enjoying your 950 while I am still listenig to my old Carver CT-17 pro logic pre- amp. Thanks Scott for the message. By the way Scott can I at least rent a returned 950 to use in the mean time.

#40361 - 06/21/02 04:09 PM Re: unofficial 950 arrival thread
tps123 Offline
Gunslinger

I have recieved very good responce from outlaw. e-mailed once and got a responce in less than 24 hours. Than phoned and talked directly to Outlaw. However, I do not think that Oultlaw has done a good job with the release of the 950. My guess is that they are a bunch of solid engineers without any sort of Sales/Marketing. (Which in many cases is good)

TPS

[This message has been edited by tps123 (edited June 21, 2002).]

#40362 - 06/21/02 04:19 PM Re: unofficial 950 arrival thread
Scott Offline
Desperado

Jmac,

Now I know you're trying to get me in trouble Unfortunately, we just don't have the number of returned units to set that type of precedent.

Scott

#40363 - 06/21/02 05:46 PM Re: unofficial 950 arrival thread
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Jmac

No harm done here. Don't worry about it, and I do understand what you were saying.

Hopefully you'll get your hands on a 950 of your own soon -- and on a permanent basis, not just a rental!

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

Page 23 of 32 < 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 31 32 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 153 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts