Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 22 of 32 < 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 31 32 >
Topic Options
#40344 - 06/20/02 04:04 PM Re: unofficial 950 arrival thread
EWC Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I have been waiting since Jan. 27. Daily I have checked this site and my E-mail for some sort of confirmation on when the 950 will start shipping again. Like the rest of you, I still don't know the answer. I purchased a 755 and some cables a couple weeks ago, so I still have faith in the company and its products. As everyone agrees upon, it's the COMMUNICATION that sucks! As a reward to its many waiting customers, free shipping on the 950 sounds pretty good.

#40345 - 06/20/02 05:24 PM Re: unofficial 950 arrival thread
EFSIII Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Upstate, New York
jacket-fan,
I, too, apologize for "fanning the flames". I have read, especially recently, more and more threads similar to yours and less supportive ones. I'm afraid to admit that you ended up bearing the brunt of my own frustrations.
I make every effort to remain optimistic and positive in most situations. Negative posts in masses makes that harder and harder for me. That's my problem...not anyone elses. I have a more difficult time justifying to myself why I should continue to wait. My (sicko) buddies at work know of my angst, and leave advertisements for other products on my desk.
It is Scott's job, I just feel kind of bad for the guy.
I'm a lower man on my work totem pole, and I know that (since we're on an Outlaw forum) horse manuer flows downhill, so I guess I'm sensitive to Scott's plight.
I just want to believe that this most temporary, unofficial, unannounced, "time out" from the Outlaws will result in a better unit (remember early on when they delayed and then announced the Cirrus chip ?).
The possibility of something like that keeps me going. I'm the one who tries to remain focused that "it's just a pre-amp".
Gene

#40346 - 06/20/02 06:42 PM Re: unofficial 950 arrival thread
lotus_j Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Outside
For the record:

It is illegal to 'guarantee' a ship date and not live up to it. That is correct: ILLEGAL. I don't think Outlaws has 'guaranteed,' anything I bet everything says 'estimated.'

Dell Computers got fined millions by the government for promising shipping dates to customers that they didn't live up to.

So Scott or anyone else CAN NOT PROMISE a date. So don't get on him for that.

However they should:

Give updates for delays. Promptly. Once anyone at Outlaws knows there will be a delay and why, it should be passed on.

Period. End of Story.

The worst part about this, is I could handle their CR in my sleep. So seeing that it is handled so poorly, it makes me question other parts of the company. That shouldn't happen.

#40347 - 06/20/02 06:49 PM Re: unofficial 950 arrival thread
lotus_j Offline
Gunslinger

Actually I looked into the Law.

If Outlaws gives you an estimated shipping date, if they KNOW it won't be reached they MUST inform you.

However I think Outlaws can get away with it, because its a 'waiting list,' and you havent officially ordered it.

Which makes me raise an eyebrow. The fact that they use a loophole makes me think they expect to lead people on.

#40348 - 06/20/02 08:36 PM Re: unofficial 950 arrival thread
jacket_fan Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Atlanta, GA
I seriously doubt that Outlaw is going under. Just because they have not given us updates or answered an email? Seems to me they have quite a good line of business and the business model seems to be working.

Just because some of us are tired of waiting does not constitute business failure. Although I think that the way they have conducted the prior to sales business is a huge mistake. Outlaw lost me a while ago with all of the unkept promises.

I imagine that they are trying to fix what is broken. As it has been pointed out, the S & V review showed poor performace, this forum is becoming a Rotel Q & A, folks are hissy about the hiss and jerks like me are complaining about not getting the cure for cancer.

My prediction:

Deliveries will start according to the Outlaw 3 week rule (always add 3 weeks to the Outlaw prediction), which means next week. They will announce great sonic improvements, no hiss and all of our complaining will be forgotten.

Some potential customers will be lost, but they will have deilvered the best product they can.

The 950 may not have lived up to expectations or been the cure all for home audio, but Outlaw makes credible amps, a successful reciever, outstanding bass management and cables.

We are tired of waiting, that's all...

"I cannot teach him, he has no patience" -Yoda

------------------
No matter where you go, there you are.

mj

mj

#40349 - 06/20/02 08:56 PM Re: unofficial 950 arrival thread
dpippel Offline
Gunslinger

As someone who's jumped ship and gone for the Rotel, I'll chime in with why I left. It wasn't the wait so much as the COMPLETE LACK OF COMMUNICATION FROM OUTLAW. I simply got tired of being ignored and given NO INFORMATION about the latest delay. As someone pointed out above, just about anyone could do the customer relations for this company with 30 free minutes a day and a keyboard. It's a mystery why they've allowed the 950 situation to degrade so badly, and its made ME feel like Outlaw doesn't give a flying you-know-what about me as a customer. As a result I chose to give my money to someone else. Simple.

#40350 - 06/20/02 09:02 PM Re: unofficial 950 arrival thread
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Quote:
The worst part about this, is I could handle their CR in my sleep. So seeing that it is handled so poorly, it makes me question other parts of the company. That shouldn't happen.

Welcome to the forum, lotus_j. That's a pretty bold statement on your part, though. Granted, I don't know anything about you, so I can't speak for your customer relations skills. I'll be the first to acknowledge that the 950 release has been a very bumpy road for Outlaw and for everybody eager to get their hands on a 950. Outlaw has in the past established a reputation for good customer support, and if you read posts from some of the people struggling with 950's (either due to defective units, or the people who first uncovered the original drop-out bug and the hiss issue, or even people with setups that were problematic wholly independent of the 950 itself) you'll see that they continue to maintain that level of service. Something to keep in mind: Outlaw has seen a huge increase in business in the last 9 months or so, which is why they hired a second person to help Scott Jackson. There's a learning curve, though -- a new hire is going to have to learn the company and the company's products. I've actually spoken with these guys in several occasions, and I know how much they have on their plate and how hard they're working at it.

If I can get one deadline behind me next week, I may give Scott a call and see what's up, but I've avoided doing that up to now (both because I've been busy, and because I know they're busy). If I find anything out, I'll pass it along.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#40351 - 06/20/02 09:19 PM Re: unofficial 950 arrival thread
brianca Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: austin, tx
I think that's also part of the problem, gonk. If you read the HTF at all you'll see that a member posted a question about how the 950 works and the outlaws called RAF (a HTF admin) and explained it to him so he could post it on the boards.

Now maybe you can call them and get some info and then post it here for all to see, but I don't understand why they can't just do that themselves. Is it quicker to call you or RAF to explain the issue than to type it up and post it here? Why tell one person when you can tell hundreds at the same time?

if they don't have the time to post something here about the lack of shipping, why do they have time to call individuals directly to give them the info?

brianca.

#40352 - 06/20/02 09:33 PM Re: unofficial 950 arrival thread
Will Offline
Desperado

Loc: LA's The Place
Quote:

brianca writes
the outlaws called RAF (a HTF admin) and explained it to him so he could post it on the boards.
--
if they don't have the time to post something here about the lack of shipping, why do they have time to call individuals directly to give them the info?

If the Outlaws officially post a date to get the heat off them, but it never happens, people will say later the Outlaws misrepresented the truth. But when an HTF administrator posts for the Outlaws, the Outlaws never said it officially. It's second hand.

If you disagree about Outlaw stuff with one of the HTF administrators who happens to be a big Outlaw fan, you must mind your p's and q's, more than you have to if you disagree with John Q. Public on HTF about Outlaw stuff.

Anybody want to guess how many HTF administrators own Outlaw products? It's a high number I bet.

[This message has been edited by Will (edited July 11, 2002).]

#40353 - 06/20/02 09:35 PM Re: unofficial 950 arrival thread
lotus_j Offline
Gunslinger

gonk- ""If I can get one deadline behind me next week, I may give Scott a call and see what's up, but I've avoided doing that up to now (both because I've been busy, and because I know they're busy). If I find anything out, I'll pass it along.""

If thats the way information has to be passed, then Outlaw is in serious trouble.

I see CR problems not just from the people waiting but those with questions. Some never get replied. In fact I have seen many posts that claim 'certain people,' get better treatment.

I would have to say that the proof of their horrible and shameful CR is right here. These boards are filled with posts by disgruntled people.

Page 22 of 32 < 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 31 32 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 125 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts