Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#40026 - 09/21/02 04:58 AM Re: Sherbourn Pre Pro, Same???
sdurani Offline
Desperado

Loc: Monterey Park, CA
Kevin,
Quote:
...the *other* differences they promote in terms of the Sherbourn being different than the 950 don't seem like to me that there'd be much if any difference in performance.
Yeah, but I'm sure you understand that they have to do anything they can to differentiate their product from the 950. Of course now watch; after convincing everybody that their pre-pro is not a 950 clone, the cables they include end up being re-badged Outlaw interconnects. Man, if that turned out to be true, I would just plotz!

Sanjay

#40027 - 09/21/02 05:10 PM Re: Sherbourn Pre Pro, Same???
Kevin C Brown Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
Sanjay- But why don't they do something *real* to differentiate it?

Like fix the double bass problems for the 5.1 analog inputs run full range, or the 2 channel analog bypass when the mains are set to small? Or at least give a menu config item to toggle that behavior?

Or, be able to select the sub crossover individually between the surrounds and the rears?

Or, copper shield the analog vs digital, or video vs analog components inside, or just the whole chassis...

To me, you know what the biggest difference is? The faceplate...

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!

#40028 - 09/21/02 05:39 PM Re: Sherbourn Pre Pro, Same???
sdurani Offline
Desperado

Loc: Monterey Park, CA
Kevin,

All good points, especially the double bass situation. Even though many 950 owners have stated that the double bass is not an audible problem for them, fixing just that one thing would be enough for many people to justify the additional cost of the Sherbourn. Instead they "fix" the component video signal path; something that was fine in the 950.

Best,
Sanjay

[This message has been edited by sdurani (edited September 21, 2002).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 132 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts