Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#39966 - 09/19/02 05:01 PM Re: Help! No signal to Sub in PLII/Neo6/Stereo modes
m-mmeyer Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Chanhassen, MN, USA
As a previous Maggie 1.6 owner I will chime in here to say that none of the maggies are super strong in the bass department. Unless you own the 20.1 then they do everything well. IMHO all maggies could benefit from a sub. It is not necessary but it never is unless you have satellites. The trouble I had was finding a sub that was fast enough to stay in sync with the maggies quickness. I never did try a SVS back then, I ended up with a REL. In closing I will say that I miss my maggies very much and will buy a pair again some day for a 2ch set-up when I have the proper room for them.

------------------
m-mmeyer
GO TWINS
My DVD's
"Pain heals, Chicks dig scars and glory is forever"
From the mouth of Keanu Reeves one the great pundits of our time! smile

#39967 - 09/20/02 11:09 AM Re: Help! No signal to Sub in PLII/Neo6/Stereo modes
4HT Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I do have a sub, a HSU (can't remember the model#) Cylinder that can go down to 25Hz. I like this sub very much, but would have liked it even more if the bass was little tighter (any tweaks for improvements?). I have the 150 W amp for the sub and that could have something to do with it.

Love the sound of Maggies (not bi-wired) and would like to buy a Mag center, but, my problem is the shape and size of my room and ofcourse the mags are no room friendly equipment. I have the maggies crossed over at 40 Hz, the builtin speakers in Tos tv (Center) at 80 Hz and my satellite Infinity HTS10 surrounds at 120 Hz. I will play around with the crossovers and see if there is any improvement.

Thanks,
-4HT

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 93 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM