Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#39937 - 09/18/02 11:56 PM additional amps to power transducers
ttlockster Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: wmsvlny usa
i know i can use zone out to send asignal to another amp but what output can iuse for an additional amp for abuttkicker please tell me you know what im talking about because i now do it with my b&k ref 10 but it has a second zone and azone 1 out for additional amps also can i double y off the one sub out come on there must be someone out there sharp enough to answer these 2uestions

------------------

#39938 - 09/19/02 12:45 AM Re: additional amps to power transducers
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Zone out is good for some things, but probably not for a tactile transducer / buttkicker / whatever (it only works with analog inputs, and its input source and volume level are independently controlled). What sort of inputs does the buttkicker use? I'd expect it to want a subwoofer signal, but I'm not familiar enough with them to be sure. It is possible (and relatively common) to get a splitter for the subwoofer output and send it to both a sub and another device (a second subwoofer, for example, or something like your buttkicker). All you need is a couple dollars and a trip to Radio Shack.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#39939 - 09/19/02 12:48 PM Re: additional amps to power transducers
ScottAvery Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Haymarket, VA
I'm guessing you are asking because you want to be able to control the volume through the 950 remote independent of the main sub.

Could you split the sub signal back in to an unused analog input and set that input to zone 2?

Who's Online
0 registered (), 128 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts