Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#39528 - 08/31/02 03:31 AM Re: falling off the wait wagon
HT crazed Offline
Gunslinger

Mr. Fixj - Congrats big time on your Aragon. Though the 950's a bargain at $900, the Aragon at $1700 is a way better deal.

For another $800, you have a killer built in 2 channel pre (that I'll have to pay over a thousand extra for a seperate unit to mate with my 950), and the HT sonics should be leagues ahead as well.

Then again, and these are just silly rumours - but owners of the Soundstage have reported surprisingly high incidences of getting cooties.

If you want to play it safe and trade your Soundstage for a 950 plus cash, just let me know.

#39529 - 08/31/02 12:05 PM Re: falling off the wait wagon
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Aragon that name alone, is begging for a play of LOTR through it. Enjoy!

#39530 - 08/31/02 03:02 PM Re: falling off the wait wagon
MixFixJ Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Vista, CA USA
Y'all really are most gracious to someone who would appear to be an "Outlaw Turncoat". I really am enjoying the Aragon. The preamp alone was just about worth it.
I wish you all luck with the new 950's. (has anyone ever heard so much whining in their lives?). I look forward to future Outlaw releases. How about a multichanger-transport with optical outs? Let the chips onboard our processors do the work. My 2 cents.
Miss Lena, LOTR was one of the first things that I viewed with the new processor.
"I shall diminish and go to the West, and remain Galadrial"
Mix (no, I'm not a chick. I just like the line!)

#39531 - 09/03/02 04:41 PM Re: falling off the wait wagon
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
Heh. I think the primary reason more of us aren't turncoats is more a lack of easy opportunity, rather than any sort of conviction.

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

#39532 - 09/03/02 05:17 PM Re: falling off the wait wagon
merc Offline
Desperado

Loc: Deep in the Woodlands of Texas
Truthfully, I don't know if there can be any Outlaw turncoats anymore.

I have had my 950, in one form or another, for more than 9 months. That is a longer time than any other pre/pro or A/V receiver that I've owned in the last 4 years. It has served me well and will continue to do so for as long as I think its' value to me outweighs its' resale value versus the cost effective purchase of a more desireable unit.

Many of us have fought the good Outlaw fight. We have earned our battle pay. IMO, we have upheld our beliefs and principles while doing so. Upon reading what I've posted, it was appropriate for the timeline I posted it, and I can't think of anything I'd take back... except for some of the over the top enthusiasm I had for the 950. Still... that's just me, I tend to be enthusiastic about alot of things.

Now, we deserve to retire when we want to and just move on... still with an Outlaw induced smile on our faces...

If I didn't want to keep my 950 for awhile longer, I'd not bother with trading for an upgraded unit.
merc\'s primary system

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Who's Online
0 registered (), 105 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM