Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#3924 - 06/11/03 01:10 AM Re: Problem Playing Harry Potter DVD Chamber
tekdredger Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Franklin, WI
Quote:
Originally posted by Fillibuster:
I did have one very freaky incident: Those of you who have seen the director's cut of the first Star Trek movie will remember Vgers energy weapon that hits the enterprise and whacks out all of their equipment. When this scene happened the first time I watched the movie, when the energy hit the Enterprise my 1050 shut off!!!! It did this three times. Yet, it has never done it since. It was truly freaky to witness. It was as if Vger had turned my 1050 off.

Continuing off topic; A couple years back we were watching "Dante's Peak" and when the volcano erupted a vacuum tube in one of my Acoustat Servo-Charge amps exploded! Talk about realistic special effects - flashes of bright light, foul odors, etc. I half expected to see lava flowing from the vent holes!

#3925 - 06/11/03 01:35 AM Re: Problem Playing Harry Potter DVD Chamber
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
Quote:
Originally posted by tekdredger:
Continuing off topic; A couple years back we were watching "Dante's Peak" and when the volcano erupted a vacuum tube in one of my Acoustat Servo-Charge amps exploded! Talk about realistic special effects - flashes of bright light, foul odors, etc. I half expected to see lava flowing from the vent holes!

Those vacuum tubes didn't happen to be Chinese made, were they?

#3926 - 08/04/03 03:13 AM Re: Problem Playing Harry Potter DVD Chamber
73Bruin Offline
Desperado

Loc: Torrance, CA USA
Just wanted to update this. I finally got a speaker for the rear center channel (not quite what I wanted but close). Volia the probem with signal dropout and volume dropout for the surround channels went away. The viewing overall experience was very good. My oldest daughter couldn't believe the difference. She had thought the DVD was defective and asked if I had finally returned it and got one that worked. And this was before I did any calibration.

I can only assume that Outlaw is still "working" on this problem for 5.1 decoding.
Velodyne Servo FX-1200
LG OLED65C8PUA via HDMI2 to/from 976 HDMI ARC
Roku Ultra
Samsung BD-D5500 BluRay
Amazon FireStick 4K to 976 Aux HDMI input for Amazon Music Ultra

#3927 - 08/05/03 04:29 PM Re: Problem Playing Harry Potter DVD Chamber
paris94 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: NY, NY
I am having this problem and only running L,C,R config. Any thoughts? I noticed this on "HP" and "Punch Drunk Love". Thanks.

------------------
cj

#3928 - 08/23/03 03:41 PM Re: Problem Playing Harry Potter DVD Chamber
DanielD Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Olive Branch, MS USA
Is minority report an EX disk? I had severe dropout problems with it and took it back to store thinking it was defective.

#3929 - 08/25/03 09:55 AM Re: Problem Playing Harry Potter DVD Chamber
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
The DVDFile.com review lists it as having a Dolby EX soundtrack, a Dolby 2.0 soundtrack, and a DTS-ES (matrix) soundtrack. If the Dolby EX track has a flag problem, the DTS track should still work.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#3930 - 08/25/03 11:15 PM Re: Problem Playing Harry Potter DVD Chamber
sdurani Offline
Desperado

Loc: Monterey Park, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by gonk:
If the Dolby EX track has a flag problem, the DTS track should still work.
[i]Minority Report's DD EX track is flagged for auto-detection; for some strange reason, the DTS ES track isn't flagged (it isn't ES discrete 6.1 either).

Best,
Sanjay

#3931 - 08/28/03 07:51 AM Re: Problem Playing Harry Potter DVD Chamber
lordjabez Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Well, it looks like LOTR: The Two Towers has this exact problem as well . . . Any word from Outlaw as to a permanent solution? For me, adding a 6th speaker is out of the question.

#3932 - 08/28/03 10:02 AM Re: Problem Playing Harry Potter DVD Chamber
CBWills Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by lordjabez:
Well, it looks like LOTR: The Two Towers has this exact problem as well . . . Any word from Outlaw as to a permanent solution? For me, adding a 6th speaker is out of the question.

According to Scott, just turn the center surround speaker "on" in the speaker configuration menu first. It appears you don't need the speaker to actually be hooked up.
I am looking forward to getting LOTR: The Two Towers and I hope this "fix" works. Please let me know what happens.
I also cannot get a rear center speaker due to positioning problems and WAF issues...

#3933 - 08/28/03 01:50 PM Re: Problem Playing Harry Potter DVD Chamber
lordjabez Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Yes, I did this last night, and the audio dropouts were gone. However, doesn't this mean that all the surround information that's directed to the center surround speaker will be lost?

I watched a good bit of Helm's Deep this way (CS on, 6.1 engaged, but no physical speaker), and indeed my rear soundfield did seem a bit lacking, but I'm no audiophile.

Perhaps there's a way to compensate for this? Possibly cranking the volume of the L & R surrounds?

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 125 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM