Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#39375 - 09/04/02 04:35 PM Re: To Replace Or Not To Replace, That Is The Question
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
Six Shooter: One of my major points was that I seriously do not believe that there is a flaw in my unit. If I did, then I would most likely send it back. I have no evidence to support the assertion that a newer unit is better or improved in any way.

If you are convinced, however, that the newer shipping units are better than yours, you are free to go through the hassle of exchanging your unit. The option is not closed to you.

As far as I know, and reasonably expect, the option will remain open for five years if your unit develops a flaw or if a change in its environment uncovers a flaw. I think it's prudent to wait.

I don't desire to cost the Outlaws over $100 in shipping needlessly. I'd also like to see units go out to people on the wait list sooner rather than later, and by not sending my unit back I can speed that up by 1 unit.

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

#39376 - 09/04/02 05:05 PM Re: To Replace Or Not To Replace, That Is The Question
DollarBill Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Durham, CT
Thanks, Matt. The "wait-listers" appreciate it.

#39377 - 09/05/02 12:39 AM Re: To Replace Or Not To Replace, That Is The Question
Six Shooter Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Thanks guys.

I'm finding myself going back and forth. I DO really like my 950. Right now I'm leaning on keeping it for now, as there is a five year warranty. I don't hear any hiss unless I'm within 1-2 feet of a speaker with the volume pretty high. My 1050 was no better, and I never scrutinized it like the 950.

Matthew,

Good point on the waitlist and such. I would most certainly rather have had my 950 over the summer, like I have, over waiting for the new version.

I do feel I have legitimate concerns. I admittedly enjoy my 950 as it is, however.

Six

#39378 - 09/05/02 10:18 AM Re: To Replace Or Not To Replace, That Is The Question
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
Well, I guess what I'm saying is, there's no rush. The option will be available to you for a while, so you have time to think about it and come to a reasoned decision. I don't think you'll have problems either way.

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 118 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts