Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#39275 - 09/06/02 01:32 AM Re: Where are we on the wait list?
Kevin C Brown Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
I wonder how long it'll take for me. I finally caved and signed up Sept 2.

Figure it'll go real nice with a Pioneer DV-45a...

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!

#39276 - 09/06/02 08:13 AM Re: Where are we on the wait list?
Everett Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Brevard, N.C.
March! They arent even thru Feb, as I am on the list for FEB 10 !Still no word!!!

#39277 - 09/06/02 08:58 AM Re: Where are we on the wait list?
EFSIII Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Upstate, New York
I guess I'm secretly hoping (O.K...not so secret anymore) that there was an initial rush of pre-orders in that first month or so.
(Refresh my memory...reservations started on or about Dec. 14th ??)
Alot of people signed up right away. Then, hopefully, it drops off a little. Then you get the beta testers reviews, which were all positive. So, the number of reservations went up for a while. Then dropped off again.
I guess my point is, there's alot more people to get through in the earlier stages of the list. As you get lower(or later), the reservations are more sporadic and (hopefully) easier or quicker to fill.
Make sense ??!

#39278 - 09/06/02 09:24 AM Re: Where are we on the wait list?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I think EFSIII's not-so-secret hope is pretty close to what we've heard from Outlaw in the past. The initial mid-December rush of reservations was apparently far larger than they expected, and the beta testers started talking in early February, which brought a second rush. They've been notifying people who got on the list around January 17 and 18 or so this week. There have been some people who will have dropped off the list, too.

I'm looking forward to seeing the arrival thread kick back into gear as they start back on the list...

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#39279 - 09/06/02 11:35 AM Re: Where are we on the wait list?
kazech Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Austin, TX
Thanks Gonk! The last reservation I saw filled, back in May, was for Jan. 14th. I figured I was in the next batch to be shipped when the "halt" came. Man, I was totally bummed!

It's beginning to look like Jan. 19-20 may be the latest cutoff, but we'll see.

It really makes me laugh when I read all of the "I can't wait" posts. They certainly can wait, they just don't have the patience. Remember no one "needs" a pre-pro, but some like to think they do...

Remember, "Good things come to those who wait." and "Patience is a virtue."

Enjoy,
Kurt

#39280 - 09/06/02 01:23 PM Re: Where are we on the wait list?
Oaf Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Vancouver,British Columbia, Ca...
Patience...I could have sworn I had patience around here...I always seem to be losing it but I got a lot of it somewhere!

Yes, _Patiently_ waiting for Outlaw to get to June on the waitlist...maybe I will make myself feel better by getting the 770 now...

Oaf

#39281 - 09/06/02 01:49 PM Re: Where are we on the wait list?
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
I’m having visions of a bunch of men, sitting around on their respective curbs, with interconnects bunched in their fists, waiting for little trucks to roll by.

Reminiscent of the days when the fists held grubby quarters, and the truck had audio playing ‘Do you know the Ice-Cream Man’.

#39282 - 09/06/02 03:15 PM Re: Where are we on the wait list?
merc Offline
Desperado

Loc: Deep in the Woodlands of Texas
Quote:
Reminiscent of the days when the fists held grubby quarters, and the truck had audio playing ‘Do you know the Ice-Cream Man’.
SLL: Are you trying to say that all us men ever think about is food and....

audio?

[This message has been edited by merc (edited September 06, 2002).]
merc\'s primary system

#39283 - 09/06/02 03:48 PM Re: Where are we on the wait list?
zakman Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: East Bernard, TX USA
DON'T BE WEARY!!! I put my order for my 950 in last night and discovercard called me this afternoon asking about a fraudulant charge!!! Seems that the 924 (shipping incl) is more than my normal purchase (I just graduated from Texas A&M, Computer Engineering). A five minute call and it was all sqared away.

The moral: they said they would not charge until it was shipping...they charged today...the minutes for my outlaw 950 delivery are such sweet sweet sorry! I almost wish I had gone for overnight, BUT I have to leave tonight for a weekend business meeting in Dallas...

IT WONT BE LONG OTHER WAIT LISTERS!

#39284 - 09/06/02 03:49 PM Re: Where are we on the wait list?
Kevin C Brown Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
Quote:
... a bunch of men, sitting around on their respective curbs, with interconnects bunched in their fists, waiting for little trucks to roll by.

That's hilarious!

I'm wondering if there might be a 3rd "rush" of orders a little while ago after the S&V review came out.

Perfect Vision is supposed to review it next issue, but I'd be surprised if they gave it a good review, seeing as how to me, TPF reviews primarily according to list price...

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 145 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts