Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#39265 - 09/05/02 11:12 AM Where are we on the wait list?
Oaf Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Vancouver,British Columbia, Ca...
Would it be possible to find out where we are on the wait list? I would like to see the info in any of the following ways (ordered by preference):

1. Numerically (i.e. 100 out of 1000)
2. By Quartiles (i.e. you are in the 2nd quartile)
3. By stating what month of entry to the list you are shipping at on a regular basis (i.e. we are now shipping to people that got on the list in May)

Just looking to get a sense of where we are at now that the replacements are starting to go out.

#39266 - 09/05/02 12:31 PM Re: Where are we on the wait list?
DollarBill Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Durham, CT
Here, Here (or is it "Hear, Hear"?)

If my review of this forum is correct, shipments got as far as mid-January.

Now that the replacements are going out, maybe those of us on the waiting list can get a little news on projected shipments.

#39267 - 09/05/02 01:07 PM Re: Where are we on the wait list?
EFSIII Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Upstate, New York
I can absolutely tell you that they have not gotten to mid-March on the reservation list (go ahead...ask me how I know)

"Gonk the Magnificent" had started a thread back in, I believe, January entitled "950 Unofficial Arrival thread". People who had either received "THE E-MAIL" or their 950 posted that they had received such, and when they had placed their name on the reservation list. The rest of us were then able to gauge, or approximate, as to when we may get ours.

Then they halted production.

I kept that thread Gonk started in the back of my head. I hoped he would start it again when the 950's started to ship again. If not, I would have as I found it valuable, but I fear that starting it now is premature.

Outlaw did send an e-mail (newsletter) with a tentative shipping schedule, but that got blown to hell with the hiss fix.

#39268 - 09/05/02 02:31 PM Re: Where are we on the wait list?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I was trying to find some mention of how far they got in the reservation list before lunch today, but didn't think to check this thread (the one EFSIII mentioned). By the time I found it among the older threads, kazech posted to it (so it should have just moved back to the top of the heap). Based on his post, Outlaw made it to mid-January before shipping stopped. I'll keep the first post in the thread up to date when new units start arriving (not replacements, but "here's the first 950 you've ever seen, thanks for waiting" arrivals).

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#39269 - 09/05/02 03:54 PM Re: Where are we on the wait list?
Oaf Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Vancouver,British Columbia, Ca...
Thanks Gonk...it is true what they say...you know all! Now, if only I had an idea of how many people ordered from mid January to early June...then I will _KNOW_ I haven't been waiting as long as most but hey, last time I waited three months to buy something I really wanted, I bought a car!

#39270 - 09/05/02 06:18 PM Re: Where are we on the wait list?
santaclarajim Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Santa Clara, California
Quote:
Originally posted by Oaf:
Thanks Gonk...it is true what they say...you know all! Now, if only I had an idea of how many people ordered from mid January to early June...then I will _KNOW_ I haven't been waiting as long as most but hey, last time I waited three months to buy something I really wanted, I bought a car!

Hi.

I joined the waitlist on January 20th, 2002 and I have not received a notification email, if that is any indication of the point at which they stopped shipping.

Regards,
Santa Clara Jim

#39271 - 09/05/02 09:24 PM Re: Where are we on the wait list?
Parmen Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Hi,

Looks like everything is back on track with 950 shipments. I reserved mine on January 17, 2002 and today I received my confirmation e-mail to order it. Wish me luck.

#39272 - 09/05/02 09:37 PM Re: Where are we on the wait list?
werner52 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Bismarck, ND USA
Does the email list shipping options?
I fear I'm in for the long haul as I believe mine was reserved in February.

#39273 - 09/05/02 11:15 PM Re: Where are we on the wait list?
jcmccorm Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Madison, AL, USA
There were two shipping options on the order page. I believe they were "ground" and "overnight". You would think that after waiting for a few months that I would have chosen the less expensive option, but I didn't. Don't tell my wife please....

Cary

#39274 - 09/05/02 11:47 PM Re: Where are we on the wait list?
werner52 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Bismarck, ND USA
jcmccorm- I don't blame you one bit!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 145 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts